GDT: Game 68: Detroit Red Wings @ Tampa Bay Lightning | 3/9/2019 | 7:00PM ET | FSD

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I still don't see it.

And even then, I'm still a little embarrassed that Blash does this stuff blindly.

Embarrassed by Blashill knowing the rules and trying to use them to his advantage? For a guy who’s out there to try to lead his team to win, it’s something that I would like to see if I was his boss.

Reactions: RedMenace
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Embarrassed by Blashill knowing the rules and trying to use them to his advantage? For a guy who’s out there to try to lead his team to win, it’s something that I would like to see if I was his boss.
Getting 1 right for every 10 he gets wrong is what makes it embarrassing. Do it when you know you're right, not just in case you might accidentally be right.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Getting 1 right for every 10 he gets wrong is what makes it embarrassing. Do it when you know you're right, not just in case you might accidentally be right.
His success rate is about 33% according to the FSN guys. A 1 in 3 chance of changing score by a point. I don't know the stats, but, timeouts don't seem to yield nearly as good returns.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
His success rate is about 33% according to the FSN guys. A 1 in 3 chance of changing score by a point. I don't know the stats, but, timeouts don't seem to yield nearly as good returns.
That's what makes the rule so weird. Timeouts aren't nearly as valuable as potentially preventing a goal. IMO, if you're wrong, it should be a minor penalty. That balances out the risk/reward better. You do it when you know you're right, not just in case you're right.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018

Keep getting upset over spilt milk. As a coach if you interpret the rule to mean that a certain play should be called off, you challenge it. Zero f***ing questions asked.

Blashill can’t challenge because there’s a chance he’s wrong, yet the refs are making these calls at an extremely high rate of speed and are often wrong multiple times a night. Makes sense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad