GDT: Game 68: Avs @ Stars | 6:30 PM MT | March 7, 2019 | Steers and Stars

Parker27

Aug 3, 2005
Montana
That was way to easy for Dallas. Did anyone notice that guy on Dallas without a visor. That one guy that gives the little extra cross check. That guy that got into Mac and mikkos head. Benn is old school and he drove our only line crazy. Blues showed the league how to beat the avalanche and it worked again tonight. I know the "new" nhl fans are going to give me a rash of crap but this team needs some muscle. our fourth lines sucks anyways might as well have someone there so Mac does not have to fight his own battle.

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
There’s plenty of blame to go around with this team, but the reality is that this is simply an inept organization from top-to-bottom. And it has been for going on 20 years now.

Sshhh! Kroenke has the Rams, Nuggets (who will never win a title in the current nbLame major market power structure, sans producing a home grown super star), & Arsenal to focus on!

Mules

Jan 28, 2004
On November 30, 2018, the Avs were 4th in the NHL in the standings with 35 points in 26 games. In their last 42 games, they have 35 points.
If that is not a ground to fire someone, I don't know anymore. This organization is inept.

Reactions: klozge

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015
They won a cup in the last 20 years
19 years to be exact. Close enough. Pierre Lacroix, as successful as he was, left this organization in shambles, and the Avs have never reestablished themselves as a competent organization since. How long is it gonna take (another 20...er...19 years) before the Avs front office finally realizes that you can’t build a contender with a couple of star players, a handful of decent players, and half a roster of talentless no-counts?

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
On November 30, 2018, the Avs were 4th in the NHL in the standings with 35 points in 26 games. In their last 42 games, they have 35 points.

When do you think Avs will start to tank to get another top 10 pick? All other teams fighting for playoffs won today.

Weast

May 16, 2011
team sucks what can you do. Maybe next season. Probably not though

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Even if Avs get lucky and draft Hughes, and with Makar, they're not gonna be much better unless there is a coaching change.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
That's it. Time to start the tank and go for another top 10 pick.

Let's hope the Coyotes can sneak in. We are done this season.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Sheesh. Looks like I missed a stinker. Only caught the first period but had other things to take care of.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I just don't know what makes this team tick. You'd think that playing in this type of game would bring out the best in our guys, but no.

Even if you're not as good as the other team, you can still give a good effort, which simply wasn't there.

I don't even know who to blame at this point, coaching? Bad players? Core players? Not the right combo? Loser mentality? Management?

I'm just so sick and tired of losing, and watching the same season unfold practically every year. It's getting really old. And quite frankly I'm just disappointed more than anything. I expect a certain level of compete and professional pride from professional athletes and over the past 10 years that level hasn't been close to being met. I'm not asking for championship runs every season, I just want a fun team that goes out and competes hard and has winning/positive seasons more than once or twice a decade.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Just a hockeygame of men against little boys...

That's totally how it felt too. Avs got pushed out of the rink in this game. It looked like they had no chance to get to the net, and no chance to prevent the Stars from going to theirs. Then they got beat up in the corners and the middle of the ice for good measure.

So tired of this soft ass team Bednar and MacFalane have convinced Sakic to ice. Thinking speed is the only part of the game that matters. They had their way for three years now, and it hasn't worked.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Pathetic display by a misfit bunch. As I often say, Columbus was dubbed the Island of Misfit Toys, we saw that, thought it was a good idea to bring their castoffs from management and bit players and are now Columbus 2.0.

This franchise needs some sense of direction from the upper management and coaches, the people in charge now are not capable of doing that. Bring in a Q or someone like him and let him instill his vision building around MacKinnon, Landeskog, Mikko, Makar and Sens pick. That would at least be a start in the right direction.

PS

I know some don't like to talk about size or whatnot, but size is definitely important in the game of hockey. We basically go from one extreme to the next without ever finding the balance, we are either filled with big lugs who can't skate or soft speedsters who get pushed around. There hasn't been a single SC winner since the lockout that hadn't had a mix of size and speed. Wings had Franzen and Homer up front to wreak havoc along with shifty guys like Z and #13, Pens had Kunitz, Hornquist, Geno etc, Hawks had Buff, Bickell, Toews isn't small, Ladd, Brouwer to go along with guys like Seabs, Hammer etc on the backend, Kings were huge and fast, Sharks that played in the Cup Finals were big and fast, so were the Preds, Lightning, Bruins, Nucks, Flyers etc.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad