Jul 7, 2012
Finland

qQjTO6C.jpg

*Lineups unconfirmed.

Last edited:

benzino

Mar 1, 2012
Estocolmo
Nahhh this is a standard run of the mill regular season game at least I hope Bednar tell the players this or they don't show up :)

Is there a other team that got players going from 1st line to 4th line like ours?

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
This is the first time the Avs have played on my birthday since I became a fan (2003/04) if I’m not mistaken.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
According to Mark Stepneski the hodgepodge Stars lineup is shaking out like this:

Hintz - Seguin - Radulov
Benn - Dickinson - Comeau
Janmark - Spezza - Ritchie
Cogliano - L'Esperance - Nichushkin

Heiskanen - Klingberg
Lindell - Polak
Fedun - Lovejoy

Faksa still out with a neck injury.

Reactions: UncleRisto

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Further proof that coaching makes a big difference. On paper Avs have a better roster than the Stars, yet the Stars are in better position to make the playoffs, same for the Wild pretty much

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Further proof that coaching makes a big difference. On paper Avs have a better roster than the Stars, yet the Stars are in better position to make the playoffs, same for the Wild pretty much
Oh come on. Look at the stats. The main reason why the Stars do have a few points more is goaltending. Both, Bishop and Khudobin, are stealing games left and right. Last game they beat the Rangers by a whoooopin 1-0 score.

You can hardly blame Bednar for our goaltenders not being able to make a save for 2+ month - which probably did cost us 10+ points. . But still you do. Every single post it seems.

Last edited:

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Bednar does not escape blame here. And I've been one of his staunchest defenders on these boards. He's made poor choices all season long. And there is NO excuse for the failure make adjustments when the OT losses piled up and both the PP and PK units hit the skids. And don't even get me started on the excessive penalties and the fact that this team is STILL committing too-many-men infractions sixty-plus games into the season. I used to praise him for being a guy who didn't shy away from playing rookies and young players in big roles instead of just defaulting to veterans like every other coach, and being a guy who wasn't afraid to try nearly anything to win. I don't know what happened to that guy but he's nowhere to be found this year. Like Roy, he became more conservative as time went on, and I've no frickin' idea why.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Oh come on. Look at the stats. The main reason why the Stars do have a few points more is goaltending. Both, Bishop and Khudobin, are stealing games left and right. Last game they beat the Rangers by a whoooopin 1-0 score.

You can hardly blame Bednar for our goaltenders not being able to make a save for 2+ month. But still you do. Every single post it seems.

When in doubt blame the coaching apparently.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Bednar does not escape blame here. And I've been one of his staunchest defenders on these boards. He's made poor choices all season long. And there is NO excuse for the failure make adjustments when the OT losses piled up and both the PP and PK units hit the skids. And don't even get me started on the excessive penalties and the fact that this team is STILL committing too-many-men infractions sixty-plus games into the season. I used to praise him for being a guy who didn't shy away from playing rookies and young players in big roles instead of just defaulting to veterans like every other coach, and being a guy who wasn't afraid to try nearly anything to win. I don't know what happened to that guy but he's nowhere to be found this year. Like Roy, he became more conservative as time went on, and I've no frickin' idea why.
Oh i agree with most of this. He has his flaws and he definitely should be called out for some questionable roster decisions (will never get that he prefers Bourque over Greer) or our lackluster Special Teams. I don't blame our OT record on him, for me that's more on some stupid players doing stupid things than on him.

It just makes me mad when some posters bring the same shit up every chance they get. And implying that Dallas must have a better coach because they have 3 freakin points more than us completely ignoring the fact that their goalies have been their best players all season long is just stupid. And that drives me nuts.

Last edited:

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Oh i agree with most of this. He has his flaws and he definitely should be called out for some questionable roster decisions or our lackluster special teams. I don't blame our OT record on him, that's more on some stupid players doing stupid things.

It just makes me mad when some posters bring the same **** up every chance they get. And implying that Dallas must have a better coach because they have 3 freakin points more than us completely ignoring the fact that their goalies have been their best players all season long is just stupid. And that drives me nuts.

I don't know why you wouldn't blame him at least partially for the putrid OT record. At some point you have to try something new if it's not working, and yet Bednar just kept rolling out the same damned lineup in the extra session and they would inevitably give up an easy goal. At least last season he tried other things, like starting Zadorov against McDavid in OT against Edmonton, which I believe earned him a ton of scorn, but it ended up working and Compher ended up with the game-winner. EJ has also proven to be very effective in OT in the past, yet he got passed up for Barrie and Sammy repeatedly until recently.

I will agree that I don't believe Montgomery is a demonstrably better coach, I'm still not certain he's a good NHL coach at all, though I think he deserves some credit for somehow getting that ragtag roster into the postseason picture. But I believe NHL coaches, especially ones as green as Monty and Bednar, should grow and evolve just like we expect players in the league to do the same. For some weird reason, Bednar's growth inexplicably stopped, and even regressed more than a bit, this season.

Reactions: klozge

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad