GDT: Game 68: Avs @ Stars | 6:30 PM MT | March 7, 2019 | Steers and Stars

Mules

Jan 28, 2004
That’s asking for a lot. How about an internal hire with no experience and a throwaway instead?
Don't we have those ? For the last decade. ...

How long you all been Avs fans?
Me, almost 14 years and the famous last word is "maybe next year".

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
On the plus side... i had benn, rads and bishop in my fantasy playoffs
giphy.gif

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
There are like 7-8 players on this team who aren't good enough if this team wants to compete. And we can't afford to wait three years, or maybe even two.
True but we have quite an influx of talent coming in. Makar, ott 1st, our 1st, kaut, bowers

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Players who should be gone next season:
Wilson
Jost
Kerfoot
Ghetto
Bourque
Nieto
Cole
Nemeth
Barberio
Varly

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
Sad display from our leadership and Bednar. Pathetic from the beginning to the end.

I want a coach that will not try to be everyone’s f***ing friend and have the ability to actually change a game plan during a game.

Wonder who joe is gonna pick up from Columbus next season? Picking up scraps from a team who hasn’t made it passed the first round doesn’t sound like a good idea to me

Reactions: arun and AvsWraith

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
This is why Barrie sucks, he goes in a straight line right at Radulov which all he needed to do was one inside to outside move to pass him and get his extremely easy hattrick on the night. Didn't even try to angle him.

The body language after the empty netter was really, really, really bad, simply half-assed it trying to run the clock off while Dallas was still going for more goals. That type of desire is what teams who want to make the postseason have.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Avs are really good at having the puck, pressured or non pressured, and then feeding it right to the opponents D men.

Also it seems like Avs wait like 1 second too long to pass in the O zone. Its like whoever has the puck will stare down his target and wait to make eye contact and blow a kiss before passing the puck. Too predictable.

Reactions: klozge

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Players who should be gone next season:
Wilson
Jost
Kerfoot
Ghetto
Cole
Nemeth
Varly
The problem with this is, every year for a long time now, we make a list like that of players who should leave. Some players go other places and have good seasons. Either Sakic and previous Avs GM's didn't get the right players, or there is real problem in the locker room where this players just dont gel.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Miro Heiskanen is a dream defenseman. He's a monster.

I mean, I’m not down on Makar by any means, but I definitely drew dozens of looks when, while attending the 2017 draft I exclaimed, “Of f***ing course!”, when Dallas announced their pick...When Colorado took Dude Where’s Makar people sitting around us were going out of their way to inform me it was a great pick lol.

Reactions: S E P H

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Sad display from our leadership and Bednar. Pathetic from the beginning to the end.

I want a coach that will not try to be everyone’s ****ing friend and have the ability to actually change a game plan during a game.

Wonder who joe is gonna pick up from Columbus next season? Picking up scraps from a team who hasn’t made it passed the first round doesn’t sound like a good idea to me

He will aim for Bob and Panarin but has to settle for Dzingel (6x6)

Reactions: crue7

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I mean, I’m not down on Makar by any means, but I definitely drew dozens of looks when, while attending the 2017 draft I exclaimed, “Of ****ing course!”, when Dallas announced their pick...When Colorado took Dude Where’s Makar people sitting around us were going out of their way to inform me it was a great pick lol.
Yup the top 5 of that draft is lookin really good even Patrick is starting to come into his own. If Makar plays to the level we all think he can then all 5 teams would have made out well with their picks.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
That felt like the season right there.

Utter failure at all levels. Bad lineup decisions by management and coaching, horrid in-game adjustments, one of which directly led to Dallas's first goal, and a pretty uninspired effort from key players.

Wilson was especially craptacular tonight. Every time he was on the ice it felt like it tilted toward the Avs' end of the ice.

I guess, in an effort to find a silver lining here, I thought Jost was flying out there. He actually looked FAST, and was fighting his way through checks and creating plays, unlike a lot of his teammates.

That fourth line was objectively horrid. I feel bad for Agz...this was absolutely NOT the team to call him up against.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Season isn't over. Still 14 games left. But it sure felt like the door nearly fully closed after tonight. Team just looked flat...Minny is playing some lights out hockey and is 4 points ahead. Dallas is 5 points ahead (and game in hand). And now the Avs have company: Arizona is about to pass the Avs tonight and will still have a game in hand, and if Edmonton holds out and wins they'll be 3 points behind with a game in hand.

Good game from the Stars. I like Hintz....Heiskainen is and will be a beast for a very long time.

Our top guys look absolutely exhausted to me, something I said about ~20 games ago. They've had flashes of excellence through that stretch but as the season has gone they've slowly declined. They just don't have the energy they did at the beginning of the year...and I can't blame them at all. It's not possible to play at that level for 82 games. They've been focused down by every single team in the league for 68 straight games with minimal support behind them and have been overplayed. That's like three straight games of 24 minutes for MacK. It's ludicrous. I think the high minutes and constant focus has taken the biggest toll on Rantanen..playing the way he does along the boards is exhausting, and he's probably the least used to this sort of usage. He just doesn't have that jump anymore or that super strength along the boards as consistently as he did earlier.

Hope Sakic eventually starts thinking about next year. Varly should be done here after this year. Call up Francouz, give him and Grubauer the remaining starts. The Avs have to see what's there. Give Greer a sustained shot too...and maybe get Meloche a few games in at some point. This addiction to Varlamov is sort of pathetic, at this point.

Too much trash on this team put together by Sakic. Too many ineffective players. Too many idiots. Cole is looking like yet another terrible Sakic offseason special, which makes me awfully nervous about letting him run this offseason -- which is so, so critical -- but we all know he'll be back, undeserving though it may be. I will not cheer for a tank for the remainder of the year. No more 2016/17 poison-esque seasons. But this offseason is still going to be another one where clearing out is needed. Hope Sakic is bright enough to realize that.

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015
There’s plenty of blame to go around with this team, but the reality is that this is simply an inept organization from top-to-bottom. And it has been for going on 20 years now.

Reactions: Mules and Avs44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad