Post-Game Talk: GAME 67 - We Had 'Em All the Way - BRUINS 4 Sunrise 3 F

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
If the Bruins catch Tampa, I will be stunned. Tampa is performing as good as the 95-96 Red Wings and it will need a massive fall off for them to lose 15 points at this point.
bruins would have to run the table and TB would need to go .500ish the rest of the way. Pretty unlikely

Reactions: EvilDead

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
This team is 21-3-5 since December 28th. That's good for 47 out of a possible 58 points.

They have the best points % in the entire league since Jan. 1

Bruins = .804
Tampa = .778
Hurricanes = .750
Sharks = .740
Blues = .724

What's amazing is they had a pretty historic run just a year ago. They went 37-8-4 from Nov. 16 2017 to March 10 2018. If you combine the two streaks your looking at a staggering 58-11-9 record over a combined 6 1/2 months of hockey under Cassidy with this core group.
they've beaten all 4 of those other teams at least once during the run too.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
can`t believe I missed the 3rd period of this one, my father in law having car issues and asked me to go and help him out. Who said this moving to BC was a good idea?:laugh:

The positive news is I hit record, didn`t see the final score before I got home to watch the end. Not sure the B`s were the better team in this one but they hung in there and cashed in when it counted. Some odd goals vs Tuukka, not sure you can blame him for any of them with maybe the exception of maybe the spinorama but even then, that move has to be like the back hand for goalies, something you just don`t see much and have no idea where it`s going

C`mon boys, keep racking up those wins so you can rest some bodies close to playoffs

Reactions: bbfan419

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
can`t believe I missed the 3rd period of this one, my father in law having car issues and asked me to go and help him out. Who said this moving to BC was a good idea?:laugh:

The positive news is I hit record, didn`t see the final score before I got home to watch the end. Not sure the B`s were the better team in this one but they hung in there and cashed in when it counted. Some odd goals vs Tuukka, not sure you can blame him for any of them with maybe the exception of maybe the spinorama but even then, that move has to be like the back hand for goalies, something you just don`t see much and have no idea where it`s going

C`mon boys, keep racking up those wins so you can rest some bodies close to playoffs
yeah, the perfect deflection 2 feet in front of the net is always going to be a tough one. Can't remember the other goal

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
@Ladyfan

Did the roof come off that place when they scored? Had some folks left before Grizz scored?

I was out for dinner and was watching. When Grizz scored we left to get home to watch OT. My phone buzzed before we got there and i yelled and my wife thought something was wrong with our kids. :)

I love the inflection in Jack's voice when he really gets excited. I remember Schaller scoring a shortie in Dallas and his voice kind of went wonky.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Jack is not just an announcer, he is a hardcore fan and that bleeds out into his announcing.

I can see why other teams fans hate that, trust me I hate listening to the Panthers feed because of that, but as a Bruins fan its fun to listen too.

I hear ya, listening to most other broadcasts makes you grateful for him. While Jack is over the top and times and can make me cringe when he starts getting pumped up, it`s easy to forget how clearly he loves the B`s and he`s a human being working for the station who covers the B`s

I had the Kings feed the last time they played the B`s and quite liked their announcers, seemed very well schooled in all things Bruins, mentioned a bit of background on Kuhlman during the game, most out of town broadcasters wouldn`t have had a clue who he was let alone take the time to do a bit of research on him. Jack does this very well, while he`s unapologetically a Bruins fan, he shares quite a bit of info on opponents as well and isn`t a guy who constantly bashes an opponent

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
This team has heart and figures out a way to win every night now.
Nice to see Grizz get a goal and it was an awesome one.
This reminds me of the way the Red Sox were coming back from being down last year ( I think they had 42 come from behind victories??).
Hopefully all the stars will align for us this year.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I had shut my laptop down at some point during "The Ford F150 Final Five". I saw the end, but was unavailable for comment.

Boring game with a great finish. I think this team is a cup contender. That they are doing this without Pasta is remarkable. :nod:

Reactions: bbfan419

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I had shut my laptop down at some point during "The Ford F150 Final Five". I saw the end, but was unavailable for comment.

Boring game with a great finish. I think this team is a cup contender. That they are doing this without Pasta is remarkable. :nod:

I was wondering what happened to you. haha

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
@Ladyfan

Did the roof come off that place when they scored? Had some folks left before Grizz scored?

I was out for dinner and was watching. When Grizz scored we left to get home to watch OT. My phone buzzed before we got there and i yelled and my wife thought something was wrong with our kids. :)

I love the inflection in Jack's voice when he really gets excited. I remember Schaller scoring a shortie in Dallas and his voice kind of went wonky.

The balcony went crazy. Not many people in my area had left. I did see a few people running to the bathroom before bergys goal though.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Ya , no kidding . What an amazing run but my god there have been some nail biters and a ton of frustration
That's the heck of the whole thing to me regarding the streak -- the team has been playing without Pasta, and others here and there. As good as they have been, I still feel like they could be doing better offensively. You always have to worry about a team peaking too early, but I don't feel as if the Bs have peaked yet...and they are on an 18 game points streak. That's nuts to me. As long as Rask keeps playing great and there are no major injuries, things should be very interesting come playoff time. I would take the Bs in a seven game series against anyone not named the Lightning, and at this point I don't think the Lightning want to be seeing a healthy Bs team in a 7 game series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad