Post-Game Talk: GAME 67 - We Had 'Em All the Way - BRUINS 4 Sunrise 3 F

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
That's the heck of the whole thing to me regarding the streak -- the team has been playing without Pasta, and others here and there. As good as they have been, I still feel like they could be doing better offensively. You always have to worry about a team peaking too early, but I don't feel as if the Bs have peaked yet...and they are on an 18 game points streak. That's nuts to me. As long as Rask keeps playing great and there are no major injuries, things should be very interesting come playoff time. I would take the Bs in a seven game series against anyone not named the Lightning, and at this point I don't think the Lightning want to be seeing a healthy Bs team in a 7 game series.

I'd take the B's in a 7 game series against Tampa. To me, all this streak has shown is the groups ability to withstand adversity and have every man pitch in. I also agree that they could be better offensively, and this should have every playoff bound team, on edge. Doing this much damage without Pasta too? Wow.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
can`t believe I missed the 3rd period of this one, my father in law having car issues and asked me to go and help him out. Who said this moving to BC was a good idea?:laugh:

The positive news is I hit record, didn`t see the final score before I got home to watch the end. Not sure the B`s were the better team in this one but they hung in there and cashed in when it counted. Some odd goals vs Tuukka, not sure you can blame him for any of them with maybe the exception of maybe the spinorama but even then, that move has to be like the back hand for goalies, something you just don`t see much and have no idea where it`s going

C`mon boys, keep racking up those wins so you can rest some bodies close to playoffs
I missed the whole thing because I was flying home, so I feel your pain. I checked on the NHL app when we landed, and saw they tied it at 2. My son was ni town so he picked me up so I wasn't paying a lot of attention. Checked in to see they tied it 3 with 37 seconds left, then a couple minutes later saw it was over. I assumed they won it in OT, but the NHL app wasn't updated. @Kovi finally let me know how they won it. Wish I would have seen it real time.

Reactions: ODAAT

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I'll never forget that Dallas win in 1995. It was against the Bruins. They actually trailed by 2 goals and scored with 43 seconds left, then again with 24 seconds left. They finished it off with a goal with about 4 seconds left. Was not a happy camper that night.:ha:

I remember that.

Friday or Saturday night....I went to my cousins wedding that night and came home and watched the game on tape starting at like 2 a.m.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I haven't been this excited after a regular season game since 1989...

2 things that come to mind whenever I see that game mentioned.

1. There was a great poster here at one time with the name “Ludwig Fell Down”.

2. I always remember that game as happening prior to the B’s beating the Habs in the playoffs in 88, but am reminded that it was actually the next fall, 89.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Back to back 112 point seasons

Healthy I’d take them over anyone but Tampa

Their time is 2020

I do expect them to take Tampa to 7 games

Reactions: Dabruins

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
He really hates the "Ford F-150 Final Five" I guess.... :laugh:
No, not all. I love corporate sponsored things. I shut down, let my dog out to do his business, did my business, brushed my teeth, etc and then did a small celebration before bedding down for the night.

Again, I love corporate sponsorship. :sarcasm:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Love the streak, I just hope to god we are not peaking to early.

I remember Flyers starting year with 35 game run.Lost in Finals to the Islanders who were a dynasty by time it was over.My take is your either good or your not.Health going in will be the big factor.

Reactions: lopey

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Back to back 112 point seasons

Healthy I’d take them over anyone but Tampa

Their time is 2020

I do expect them to take Tampa to 7 games
I feel what they have over Tampa is toughness which is going to go a long way if they meet them in the playoffs this year. And it can't be understated the importance of Brandon Carlo against Tampa. I truly believe they will beat them this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad