GDT: Game 66: Red Wings vs sabres 12:30 pm et 3/16/24 (ESPN+, BSD, NHLN)

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
We won every game I watched this season. And today I'll watch again.

This is the end of our slump, ladies and gentlemen!
Watch more games. We will pay you for it.
Dahlin 1st ovr, Power 1st ovr, Byram 4th ovr.
Byram -4, Dahlin -3.
If the flyers keep struggling NYI will pass them for third in the Metro.
NYI lost 3, flyers 2.
We win one game and some ppl are convinced now we turned it around and will make the playoffs lol

Still Going to take a miracle to hold off all the teams right behind us . Were going to need a long win streak now
The teams we are fighting for the playoffs spots have the same task.
Wasn't Berggren supposed to be our trade deadline acquisition?? But not good enough to be in the lineup over Austin Czarnik? I get they're up against waiver issues, but FFS, why call the guy up and give him one game to prove something? This is so Holland-esque. AC is Stevie's Danny Cleary.
Berggren was scratched, DeBrincat played the least of all forwards except Czarnik. Good. The team won.
Indeed…But I gotta ask…Can they win 10 outta the last 15 games to secure a wildcard spot?
The teams we are fighting for the playoffs have the same task.

Last edited:

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Indeed…But I gotta ask…Can they win 10 outta the last 15 games to secure a wildcard spot?

it helps that other teams have been so bad too

90 points(which would be 8 more wins) shouldn't be enough to take a wildcard spot but because of how everyone is playing that sportsclub site has it as about a coinflip chance

and 92 points(so 9 more wins) at about a mid 80s % chance of being good enough

even 6-7 more wins would have a solid chance of being enough if some of the losses came with loser points

Last edited:
Reactions: jkutswings

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Good win by the Wings! Needed it. Huge if they can win today.

Tougher game than what the final score looked like.

Reactions: DamonDRW

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Watched the game. Watched the highlights later on. They looked much more like professionals plying their craft than in the previous umpty games.

Jimmy Rhymes still swam in net and looked desperate. (As opposed to Hasek who used to swim in net and looked like a gorram drunken master. But that's my personal hang-up.)

I liked it. I would like more of that, please.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I thought Czarnik had a couple of really good shifts.

I thought Sprong didn't want to be benched again and had a really good game.

Chiarot again seems to be the one stepping up with some grit when needed.

Great to see Fischer's hard work paid off.

Last edited:

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Watch more games. We will pay you for it.

Byram -4, Dahlin -3.

NYI lost 3, flyers 2.

The teams we are fighting for the playoffs spots have the same task.

Berggren was scratched, DeBrincat played the least of all forwards except Czarnik. Good. The team won.

The teams we are fighting for the playoffs have the same task.

Fynn

Apr 23, 2017
You guys couldn't let us enjoy the win for 24 hours before taking a big steaming dump in the GDT?
Yikes, you consider that a big steaming dump? Ooookkkaayyy. As I said, it was a great win, but it didn't clinch a playoff spot, there's multiple teams well within reach. I thought calling Berggren our trade acquisition and then calling him up for a game and then benching him didn't make much sense. If he's not part of the long term plan, sheesh, trade him for a draft pick or something. Poorly handled by management.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Yikes, you consider that a big steaming dump? Ooookkkaayyy. As I said, it was a great win, but it didn't clinch a playoff spot, there's multiple teams well within reach. I thought calling Berggren our trade acquisition and then calling him up for a game and then benching him didn't make much sense. If he's not part of the long term plan, sheesh, trade him for a draft pick or something. Poorly handled by management.

As I said, i was joking. The Wings just won and I wanted to enjoy it.

As for Berggren, the team finally won without him in the lineup. It seemed like an odd time to complain about him.

It's easy to say trade him for a draft pick, but the market wasn't great this deadline. It might've been worth more to hang on to him for the summer or next season than trade him for a bag of pucks.

Ultimately I don't think Berggren is going to be a difference maker to this team. Though as with any prospect, I would be very happy to be wrong.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Heavy Metallurgy but I've watched the entire Mythos series.
Razorfist makes great content.

I got pictures of hokkee ladies skating on the ice
I whiff that glove and I hit the sin bin
I think it's swell that I paid the price
I'm making plays that help crash the crea-ease
I deke and battle the rush drives me crazy
I play like a beast
Regarding the seven game losing streak, the Wasp song that came to mind was The Torture Never Stops.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I have ESPN+ and it's not on there. Does anyone have a source where I can watch this game?

It's sad we live in a world where I pay for ESPN+ for streaming (now that NHLtv is gone), I have 4 other streaming services, yet I cannot find the game to watch online.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Fynn

Apr 23, 2017
As I said, i was joking. The Wings just won and I wanted to enjoy it.

As for Berggren, the team finally won without him in the lineup. It seemed like an odd time to complain about him.

It's easy to say trade him for a draft pick, but the market wasn't great this deadline. It might've been worth more to hang on to him for the summer or next season than trade him for a bag of pucks.

Ultimately I don't think Berggren is going to be a difference maker to this team. Though as with any prospect, I would be very happy to be wrong.
I don't think he is either, which is why I found Yzerman's comments odd. Just say no good deals to be had, but making it sound like we have all these NHL ready players as the reason not to make trades and then put in a 31 yo journeyman over Berggren contradicts that. I don't think his value increases if he can't get in the lineup over Czarnik.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I have ESPN+ and it's not on there. Does anyone have a source where I can watch this game?

It's sad we live in a world where I pay for ESPN+ for streaming (now that NHLtv is gone), I have 4 other streaming services, yet I cannot find the game to watch online.
HBO does not archive the games they broadcast on TNT which is aggravating. ESPN+ does not archive the NHL Network games. I love the access we have today but the cable networks still get to turn the dagger.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I don't think he is either, which is why I found Yzerman's comments odd. Just say no good deals to be had, but making it sound like we have all these NHL ready players as the reason not to make trades and then put in a 31 yo journeyman over Berggren contradicts that. I don't think his value increases if he can't get in the lineup over Czarnik.

If the Wings weren't in the midst of a 7-game losing streak and were winning games, I bet we'd see Berggren in the lineup.

Berggren made some nice plays but also made a brutal turnover that ended up in the Wings net. He's hardly the only one but he's gonna be on a short rope. Czarnik is one of those guys coaches like as a plug. He plays very limited minutes but probably won't make mistakes that end up in your net, will get some shots on goal and can take some faceoffs.

I would like them to shit or get off the pot with Berggren but that's not gonna happen when they're trying to stop the bleeding.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
HBO does not archive the games they broadcast on TNT which is aggravating. ESPN+ does not archive the NHL Network games. I love the access we have today but the cable networks still get to turn the dagger.

I was able to watch the Sabres game on ESPN+ 24 hours after it was broadcasted on NHL Network yesterday. I just got done watching it thinking I was going to be able to watch PENS game next.

Reactions: Bondurant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad