GDT: Game 66: Detroit Red Wings @ Colorado Avalanche | 3/5/2019 | 9:00PM ET | FSD

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
AA just shouldn’t be playing center. Too much responsibility for him

I absolutely hate him at center. I hope this is honestly a negotiation ploy to kill him and his agents notion that he is a center. He is terrible in the middle and super dangerous on the wing. I don't see the need for this experiment. If it is to kill the center notion once and for all and it helps out lottery odds I guess I will make peace with it. But man alive AA stinks at center and it takes away a lot of what AA does well and he gets to blow up all over the defensive zone.... Put him on the wing, let him terrorize teams from there he is good at that and really had made serious gains this season. I don't get it.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Real good games out of Hronek and Bowey tonight
Yep, was really happy with Bowey's performance tonight, made a couple off passes but he was much more engaged and making some confident plays with the puck. Zadina had a great game up until that point. I'm glad he was able to capitalize and I'm sure it was special for him to have Hronek assist his first goal.

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
AA and Mantha are the new Nyquist and Tatar in terms of disappointment.
1 bad game and that's your assumption? I'm sure you didn't have the same opinion a week ago in the Chicago game when they were unstoppable.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I genuinely can’t believe you root for this team to lose EVERY night.

C’mon man
I have a hard time during the game, for sure. I'm still happy when the red and white guys score. That's just ingrained in my brain by now.

But I know what helps the team most in the long run, so I hope for that outcome. The whole thing is easier if you believe that losing is the most helpful thing right now. I want what'll help the Wings the most.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Great shot for Zadina on his first goal. That is the fun and exciting part! The not so exciting part, is AA going in with speed firing the shot wide and then coasting all the way back, and not covering MacKinnon on the winning goal.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I have a hard time during the game, for sure. I'm still happy when the red and white guys score. That's just ingrained in my brain by now.

But I know what helps the team most in the long run, so I hope for that outcome. The whole thing is easier if you believe that losing is the most helpful thing right now.
That’s fair.

The way I look at is I hope they win, but if they lose, we’re a step closer to success

Reactions: Oddbob

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yep, was really happy with Bowey's performance tonight, made a couple off passes but he was much more engaged and making some confident plays with the puck. Zadina had a great game up until that point. I'm glad he was able to capitalize and I'm sure it was special for him to have Hronek assist his first goal.

I think Kronner deserves a lot of credit. You could hear him yelling on the telecast a lot. I remember that from games in person too, Kronner as an excellent communicator. He is a really vocal partner and that can really help calm a player like Bowey that seems to panic things by trying to be too quick.

We shall see, but I really thought that pairing looked pretty good. Daley and Ericsson were well unfortunately Daley and Ericsson. DK was good at times, really awful on the PP goal at canceling anybody... Hronek for me was the best of the bunch tonight in my opinion, really solid game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezekial

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
So did any info come out about Ozzy and why his upper jaw doesn't work so good right now?

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Looking at the AA play in OT it’s not as bad as I thought. I think he didn’t realize where the puck was, then went for the change which honestly should have been the smart play as they would have gained a good distance throwing someone out the other door. Bench wasn’t ready so he tried hard to get back, also I’m sure he was a bit tired

Reactions: Ezekial

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
We need a controller disconnected gif covering the whole AA spot after he missed his shot.

Reactions: KJoe88

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Zadina said the coach told him something before the second game that made him more confident carrying the puck into the zone. A) which coach B) what did they say?

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
1 bad game and that's your assumption? I'm sure you didn't have the same opinion a week ago in the Chicago game when they were unstoppable.

Was that the game where I was calling Mantha Lennie from Of Mice and Men even though he scored a couple goals?

Look at my post history. I call it like I see it. I’ve been defensive of AA for the most part. I feel like he’s found money. I expected little of him and he has made a lot of progress, albeit arduous, but I can appreciate it and have grown to expect more. But the guy sure takes his time taking the next step.

I’ve always been leery of Mantha as I’ve come to be with hyped junior snipers. And over the years, I’ve come to believe he’s just not a smart individual. And the games tend to bear that out in my eyes.

Anyway, my post you’re addressing is more aimed at the genera consensus than my personal opinion.

I absolutely hate him at center. I hope this is honestly a negotiation ploy to kill him and his agents notion that he is a center. He is terrible in the middle and super dangerous on the wing. I don't see the need for this experiment. If it is to kill the center notion once and for all and it helps out lottery odds I guess I will make peace with it. But man alive AA stinks at center and it takes away a lot of what AA does well and he gets to blow up all over the defensive zone.... Put him on the wing, let him terrorize teams from there he is good at that and really had made serious gains this season. I don't get it.

I think it’s just organizational due diligence. Hopefully they know it’s in vain but I can understand one last ditch effort to see if we have another top 6 center in this lineup in AA. We simply can’t go another year with these middle 6 centers. I think the idea is to see just how desperate we need to be in addressing that role come summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad