GDT: Game 66: Detroit Red Wings @ Colorado Avalanche | 3/5/2019 | 9:00PM ET | FSD

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I've been looking forward to this one. Eager to see if a rivalry has been rekindled or water under the bridge. The jaunts out west are always fun for me as it gives me the opportunity to watch the whole game and this one isn't oppressively late for those back home in MI.

No lines as of yet.

images

Reactions: A Few Good Males

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I like these lines. Nice to see that first line reunited and Glendening should add some defense to that AA/Zadina line.

Only complaint you will get out of me is if we are giving Zadina a chance to prove what he can do in a top 6 scoring role, why are we not giving Rasmussen a similar opportunity? He hasn't been given a fair shot with our top talent at all this year. Yes he has been around all season, but to put him with Abdelkader and JDLR knowing full well he will probably top out at 12 minutes max of mainly defensive zone, low possession time, it's disappointing. At least give him someone who isn't a complete liability offensively.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Only complaint you will get out of me is if we are giving Zadina a chance to prove what he can do in a top 6 scoring role, why are we not giving Rasmussen a similar opportunity? He hasn't been given a fair shot with our top talent at all this year. Yes he has been around all season, but to put him with Abdelkader and JDLR knowing full well he will probably top out at 12 minutes max of mainly defensive zone, low possession time, it's disappointing. At least give him someone who isn't a complete liability offensively.

Maybe he moves up when Zadina goes back down?

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
Man, if you remove Larkin from this lineup, we might be worse than Ottawa. At least you can say Ottawa has Chabot.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I wouldnt mind Witkowski in the line up for this one after last game. I wonder if Calvert will step up to Bertuzzi or if anything will happen

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I wouldnt mind Witkowski in the line up for this one after last game. I wonder if Calvert will step up to Bertuzzi or if anything will happen
I forgot, what happened in the last game?

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I like these lines. Nice to see that first line reunited and Glendening should add some defense to that AA/Zadina line.
I don't . AA is individual who needs to rush with puck whatever he is on ice If you wont to win games let him be an artist , not babysitter . Gleny best role to be defense against top line , but whatever we just need to get better at the draft

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I've been looking forward to this one. Eager to see if a rivalry has been rekindled or water under the bridge. The jaunts out west are always fun for me as it gives me the opportunity to watch the whole game and this one isn't oppressively late for those back home in MI.

No lines as of yet.

images
There is no "rivalry" between them anymore for two reasons:
1)Most of the players were babies when DET vs COL meant something.
2)We are terrible

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
What if you remove Larkin and Chabot?

I mean if Larkin missed extended time, the balance of our roster is on par with what Ottawa is trotting out. I think Ottawa would have an edge over us because Chabot would likely be the best player remaining on either team:

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Ugh, Glendening is there clogging up space on the second line. I'd honestly just let Zadina play with Larkin for this nine game stint. We aren't going to make the playoffs and he should be playing with the most skilled player we have.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Ugh, Glendening is there clogging up space on the second line. I'd honestly just let Zadina play with Larkin for this nine game stint. We aren't going to make the playoffs and he should be playing with the most skilled player we have.

I’d rather have Glendening there then Helm, Abdelkader, or Vanek. He’s there because we just suck that badly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->