Post-Game Talk: GAME 66 - #$@&%*! Chelsea Dagger - Chicago 6 BRUINS 3 F

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
The time to shut the old guys down is on the road…they don’t want to do that at home with paying customers…you know guys like Bergy and Marchy feel that way…

Somebody mentioned you only get 4 call-ups or some ridiculousness…that’s crazy! Bruins need rest…but obviously the case can be made that they also need a spark…

Once again, I guess the league wants to prevent customers seeing watered down lineups this time of year, but it’s killer for our run.
Long as all in lineup last 4 or 5 games it will be fine.Hall and Foligno brought more then I realized.

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
True, and that needs to be acknowledged. But not everything can be solved by just one day off. I don't know what the best way forward is - all I'm saying to our coaches is, tread carefully.
They had a few off recently to.Every team goes through it though I guess.Bergeron was right postgame I thought.They are not playing in layers.1 pass beats 3 guys .

Crow

May 19, 2014
You cost me a lot of money tonight but I’m still pulling for you Boston. I think I’m going to make it back in the playoffs.

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

BINGO

They haven't looked like a team the last few games with too many individual efforts causing players to be badly out of position and continually making dumb plays

Everybody is trying to do their own thing and not doing THEIR job, which results in very sloppy, disorganized, out of position hockey with lots of defensive breakdowns

..and that's what happened tonight

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
BINGO

They haven't looked like a team the last few games with too many individual efforts causing players to be badly out of position and continually making dumb plays

Everybody is trying to do their own thing and not doing THEIR job, which results in very sloppy, disorganized, out of position hockey with lots of defensive breakdowns

..and that's what happened tonight
When Bruins are playing well they are 3 or 4 layers deep and anticipating with head up.Like I said earlier, way to many times watching a D man beat 3 or 4 guys 1 pass.They will figure it out though you don't fluke 105 pts

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I would crack the whip , and at least keep a busy practice schedule first and foremost. Second, I think I would sit Forbort and work from there. Clifton just was terrible tonight from what litle I saw, but I trust him, especially with a skilled partner. I think that is key with him. Remember, he was excellent with Lindholm. ...
Other things I would do, replace Greer with Lauko at least rotate them, and I would try and put someone in Marchy's place for a couple games. He is obviously hurting. I would actually try Greer there out of position or not. I really have been very unimpressed with Bertuzzi, and I honestly was not expecting much. Still, even he is a better option than a hurting Marchy though.

Reactions: Gordoff

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Tuukka wants to know what we just watched. She requests that more pucks are stopped in the Bruins' end.

IMG_20230309_172226334.jpg

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
This team is getting bounced in round 1. Peaked too early. Boys look exhausted and playoffs haven’t even started yet. Yikes

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
When Bruins are playing well they are 3 or 4 layers deep and anticipating with head up.Like I said earlier, way to many times watching a D man beat 3 or 4 guys 1 pass.They will figure it out though you don't fluke 105 pts
I agree that they'll figure it out and get back to playing as a team again, but they have to get back to the basics of hustling, hitting, good positioning, accurate passing and taking quality shots

On the PP I'd like to see a player (who's hard to move) in front of the net to screen the goalie and deflect shots

Once they get back to basics and start hustling their asses off ...everything else will fall into place

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
Usually when things aren't clicking they should up the physicality to get into the game. But it seems like the team (aside from some of the newer faces and debrusk) seems tired, so doesn't seem like that's really a good option to burn a bunch of energy. Could make sense to start resting some of the vets and up the ice time for the 3rd/4th lines

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
I'll say one thing for sure...these past couple of games have been BORING. Hardly any sustained pressure in the offensive zone, not a lot of physical play...just really boring and hard to watch. Orlov has been a bright spot. I really enjoy watching his effort and his obvious skill. What a pickup!

Also I love Pastrnak as he is such a dynamic and exciting player...but it's almost like it's just an accepted reality that he can basically go ahead and be a one dimensional player. I can't believe the giveaways, and the lackasdaisacal effort when battling for for pucks. It's too bad because those are the areas of the game that all players can improve on (e.g. - Jake Debrusk has made tremendous strides)... Pastrnak already has the skill..if he wanted to, he could be such a devastating player if he put in the effort to be more well rounded (it's not like he doesn't have players to look to and learn from...).

I felt bad for Ulmark..he has been playing so well, single handedly stealing some games... the effort in front of him tonight...bleh.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
You know if they'd started the season the way they're playing now we'd all have been talking about how they're too old, too slow, the window was closed, and is it time for a tear down.
Game was garbage.

Monty's had it too easy maybe. Time to do some actual coaching and find a way out of this funk.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The only thing that I am concerned about is after losing in Detroit they had an off day in Chicago and lost again. I thought they would destroy the Hawks but.............

For whatever reason, the team stayed in Chicago and will not practice on Wednesday.

Screenshot 2023-03-14 231528.png

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
There hasn't been much consistency since Hall and Fliggy went down, and the D has been changed constantly. New teammates who are learning too, I am hoping Hathaway and Bertuzzi play to the roles they were traded for. Ullmark let in a real softie in the first period (I only saw the first period & bit of the second), I see a bit of slump in him, his dog meant a lot to him, maybe he is not quite himself either. It's a slog to the end of the season, I wouldn't be too inspired either.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
They basically lost to an AHL team, there is no way the Bruins roster should have lost to what the Hawks had out there, they should be totally embarrassed to collect their pay cheques for that one. Ullmark worst game of the season by far, but he also had no help at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad