GDT: Game 66: Avs @ Ducks|3/3 2pm MT

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Such a weird season. I don't know where this team stands right now. I'm really looking forward to the draft though.
IMO, they are the same as they were before the season started, an up and coming team with one great line, a few young defensemen that could really good in the future, have a top 4 pick coming in a loaded draft, and that needs more help, especially with secondary scoring. And now they have more questions in net than we assumed they did, and some decisions to make with a few players, but have a lot of cap space to address those needs.

armedequation

Mar 1, 2019
Looking at the roster, why do i feel like im looking at the current broncos roster...holes all over the place

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
How is it really bad? I'd prefer more term for sure.

Only 5 years sucks. Then you have to convince him to stay and if he wants to test the market you're f***ed.
I could totally see the Avs offering 5 years to keep the AAV under 10M.

Reactions: MacBradley

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Only 5 years sucks. Then you have to convince him to stay and if he wants to test the market you're ****ed.
I could totally see the Avs offering 5 years to keep the AAV under 10M.
Yah I want 8 as well. Every agent in the league is trying to get 5 year deals right now.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Bring up Toninato just because he's an actual ****ing center. This is not difficult. Bring Greer up because he adds energy and tenacity to the fourth line. Leave Dries and Bourque in an Arby's parking lot for all I care.

Run with a Landeskog-Jost-Wilson third line and then a Greer-Toninato-Calvert fourth line. Now everyone is in their proper position and you can play that fourth line more than 4 minutes a night.

The Arby's manager will be too smart to let those two clowns to run a drive through.

Maybe scrubbing toilets.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
As an outsider, this team looked way better without Brassard and Cole. Even with that PP tally.

I really thought Agozzino injected some heart and hustle into the lineup that was infectious. I saw 2 games with him and Nieto, Greer, trying to think who else was in there that wasn't today, and that Colorado team looked very good. The one today, not so much.

Reactions: MacBradley

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
It's interesting how no one is doing a write up of the players this game. Was it just universal suck?

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
It's interesting how no one is doing a write up of the players this game. Was it just universal suck?

In my inexpert opinion I’m unsure anyone was particularly good, but particularly MacK, Soda, EJ, Barrie (yes, I said it, well, typed it), & Girard at least showed a sense of urgency after the opening 5 minutes. I felt board scapegoat Grubauer was solid overall, as well.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
What did everyone think of Zadorov, tonight?
Let me put it this way: The day Zadorov gets traded Sir Elton John will rewrite his "Candle in the wind" one more time. For all of the Avs fans around the world it will be a sad, sad day.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

Mules

Jan 28, 2004
So, three years under Roy as head coach, Avs made it to playoff once, the other two are playoff bubble team. Three years under Bednar, 1 year made it to playoff, 1 year as lottery team, and I think this year is a playoff bubble team ( that will not make it).

It's more than coaching, I think. We have no depth. That said, I am hoping there will be coaching change in the off season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad