GDT: Game 66: Anaheim @ Winnipeg - Friday, March 15, 7:00pm CT - "Put Down the Duckies If You Want To Play the Saxophone" - TSN3/680 CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Having an enlarged spleen also would make sense to be extra cautious with going back on the ice. One would advise against contact

So treatment radiation or removal, sounds like he will be out a while

Not necessarily, more commonly it could be due to something viral and you’d treat conservatively

But even if it is, he will still be out for sometime yet

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
This opens the door for Rutger to have a miracle run for us!

Also, unconfirmed reports of this guy fleeing Canada Life Center:

MLyDDorvafpwrJl8Dl6r_EdDL2E9p5uA0XlYhQFJooQFVEyyNHFLV5cKTo5r80QnCIfKbsN98tFyEkPCufquh-pGxGFecmu_stOSJ7e_KRv_ouyoPQ0MKoO8qWx4zZlM

(I kid of course...hoping Gabe is OK)

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Interesting that Bowness says he knows what the problem is with the team, but won’t say what it is. He’s keeping it in the locker room.

I hope he just means a lack of adherence to the defensive game. I’ve really enjoyed not having locker room rumors this year!
Maybe its the flu bug but Bones does not want to use it as an excuse.
I can't see it being a player or players or else they would be scratched.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Radiation?!? That’s a leap. Treatment for enlarged spleen is often conservative depending on the cause. Could be as benign as Mono. And surgical removal is unlikely as well.

Mono is what I’m thinking.

Makes the precaution to skate or avoid putting him at risk of contact make sense as well

Of course, it sounds like it was incidentally found so while it may not have been what took him out originally, it is likely keeping him from returning to the line up

Mono is my speculation of course. But that can be lengthy and he could, potentially, be out a long time.

Reactions: Guardian17

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Mono is what I’m thinking.

Makes the precaution to skate or avoid putting him at risk of contact make sense as well

Of course, it sounds like it was incidentally found so while it may not have been what took him out originally, it is likely keeping him from returning to the line up

Mono is my speculation of course. But that can be lengthy and he could, potentially, be out a long time.
I remember my doctor advising me not to drink any alcohol when he diagnosed me with Mono (when I was 15) saying it could rupture the spleen.

Mono sucks though. And wouldn't these guys all have got that in Junior?

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Sounds like it could be a million different things causing his issue. Hopefully just some rando infection that goes away quickly:

In many cases, the spleen will return to normal size as the underlying condition improves. Some conditions, such as transient infections, may go away by themselves. Your provider may treat other conditions with medication, blood treatments or surgery. Some have no cure.

Way too much speculation here for the info we have. I don't mean you. I mean generally.

Lets hope it turns out to be one of the less serious, more easily treated situations.

Good luck Gabe.

Jets have the depth to get by very well without him, though it would be better with him.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
I remember my doctor advising me not to drink any alcohol when he diagnosed me with Mono (when I was 15) saying it could rupture the spleen.

Physical Contact especially at the nhl level (I.e. high speed leading to contact like a body check) could also be a risk for rupture

And one can get mono more than once. We also don’t know if it’s mono (that’s speculation on my end) and if it is, it could be his first time getting it

Reactions: Gm0ney

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

With so many bugs going around and known to be going through the Jets right now, I would guess it is related to whichever bug it is in the room.

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Hoosli in the house tonight

With Appleton's goal last game he is the 10th member of the Jets to reach 30 points this season, which is tied for the most in the NHL. Thanks Apples!

Jets have won 9 of their last 10 and and 7 in a row vs Anaheim.

Jets still undefeated on Friday's, 6-0-0
Ducks are 1-8-0 on Friday's.
PTmjLFO.png

Ducks are 4-4-1 in the 2nd of a B2B, which is a better record than in their 1st game, 3-5-0.

Goaltender Lukas Dostal set a Ducks record for saves in a win, stopping 52-of-55 shots March 1 vs. NJD.
Dostal became the eighth rookie goaltender in NHL history to make 52 saves in a win.
Dostal leads all NHL rookies in saves (890), is third in appearances (33) and starts (27), and tied for third in wins.

Anaheim is second among NHL teams with nine third-period comeback wins this season (DET 11). Six of Anaheim’s nine
third-period comebacks have come on the road.

Anaheim is tied for fourth in the NHL with five hat tricks this season. In addition to the most individual players to record a hat trick with 4

Former Winnipeg Jet Chase De Leo earned his 200th career AHL assist March 4. He's on the Ducks AHL team.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
It is against the Ducks who are horrawful... But how is Pionk not ever sitting lol. And Samberg being scratched is a choice. Id also think Miller may benefit from as many reps as possible on a new team, with diff pairings etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad