GDT: Game #66 - 03.11.14 - at St. Louis - 7:00 PM - FS Southwest Plus - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
Raptor jesus.png

Love ya Rich.

Last edited:

starsgazer

Apr 15, 2006
I love this team so much. This is not the same team we've always had.

Absolutely agree. I jumped off the couch as they were already officially in the POs. The last time I was so emotional after a win was maybe Morrow's OT goal looooooong time ago.

Of course this wild week plays its emotional tricks, but generally speaking this is a different team and I even started to like some of Goligoski's play, which is something I thought will only happen, when he is (screwing &%$# up) on the ice in a Kings' jersey.

Let's enjoy it as long as it lasts, since we all know that this team will look different next season.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Ken Campbell, this morning, was singing the praises of both our teams' wins last night:
Ken Campbell said:
Stars and Blue Jackets show tremendous character with wins

It’s pretty easy for people to sit back and say, “Hey, these guys are professionals who make millions of dollars to play a game. They should be able to put personal matters aside and perform.” But NHL players are also human beings and are vulnerable to the same emotional trauma as the rest of us.
That’s why the performances of both the Dallas Stars and Columbus Blue Jackets Tuesday night were so impressive.
[...]
Right now, the hockey community should be [...] proud of the character and strength the Stars and Blue Jackets displayed under difficult circumstances Tuesday night.

Glad to see y'all take the Blues down. :thumbu:

jpstfx28

Aug 26, 2010
Nova Scotia
Big fan of the Stars this year... Jamie Benn is the man, I've loved his play for a while, then the jersey change, then serious compete in the west. HUGE win last night, capped off by the captain.

Can't wait to watch them in the playoffs

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
This game was at the playoff intensity of the early pre Crosby lockout.

That was such a great game to watch with all of the physical play, great passing, solid goal tending, and superb puck movement. For both teams.

Tim Thomas really played well and I never really watched him much in Boston, but the guy has a pretty similar style to Belfour I think. I'm seriously amazed that Florida made that trade. They got absolutely robbed.

Nuke playing back up top really helped out a ton I think. He brought back his simple game and had more of a play makers approach to it. Lots of solid short passing, great vision, and solid back checking. I guess the only thing he's really got to work on is keeping his head up and find open space to get some shots off. He's a great puck support player though, and it really shows when he plays with Benn and Seguin.

I thought Goligoski had a pretty good game. He was making some pretty good passes, and actually played in his own zone relatively well. The weak link bakc there for me tonight was Gonchar, and by a huge margin. He looked pretty brutal and trying to have Connauton cover for him just doesn't work. Dillon had one misstep that lead to their second goal but he really picked up the physical game after that.

I knew right before Daley was going to circle the net that Benn would place that shot perfectly. That goal was telegraphed so hard and yet they still had the talent on the ice to just make it happen. Superior play and passing from Daley there.

The breakouts seemed a bit slow, but were actually pretty effective as well. The offensive zone entries were really working well with the bank pass off the boards liek Razor mentioned.

If this team keeps the solid play up from all four lines like it has been, then we may just tank hard enough into a good spot.

Leadership form Benn and Seguin has been more than you can even ask. Horcoff has also really picked his spots well and I'm glad he's with the team.

Great effort Dallas, keep the tank alive.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
If hockey was played 4 on 4 Trevor Daley would be considered one of the greats of all time. Alas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad