Post-Game Talk: GAME 65 - Too Little Too Late - Detroit 5 BRUINS 3

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
really not all that much to be concerned about

You don’t get to 50-10-5 without being the best team in the league

Just ease back on the turnovers at the offensive blue line.

Hall and Foligno were significant contributors to that record so I would be concerned
about their absence or diminishment when or if they return.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Nothing new. Carlo is a terrific player but he had a lot of questionable games last post-season, and wasn’t criticized.

I am just glad he literally didn't break his neck. Incidentally that was a tremendous
recovery he made on the play to basically break it up, but next time he shouldn't try jumping up so quickly. Slide past the net next time #25.

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
I thought Grz had a nice bounce back game today. Made several plays in the defensive zone that wiped out rushes by Detroit and was good in transition.
Once again though he made a major mistake at the offensive blue line, this time a blocked shot that led to a breakaway for Detroit. No matter how well he plays, he cannot be gifting breakaways to the opposing team.

That's Pastrnak's job.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Once again though he made a major mistake at the offensive blue line, this time a blocked shot that led to a breakaway for Detroit. No matter how well he plays, he cannot be gifting breakaways to the opposing team.

That's Pastrnak's job.
Funny, but the good news is that Grz skated more, especially when he activated for the goal. First time I've seen that in a while. With his excellent skating and puck skills hoping for much more of that.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
So strange that only one poster mentioned how poorly Carlo played. If Gryz had that kind of game, there would be a page or two worth of complaints about him.

All in all, another goalie getting up and playing one of his best games of the season against us as we are the measuring stick.

Bruins were credited with only7 blocks, Carlo had 4 of them. He wasn't great but was better than Forbort and Clifton.

What makes you think Husso played one of his best games this season? Allowing 3 goals while making 30 saves is pretty much his average game this season.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
didn't get to see either game this weekend. Seems like they forgot games are 60 minutes, AND they forgot about the time change yesterday. Not concerned yet, but really hope they don't form some bad habit over the next month. I doubt this is the case but i'm starting to hope they have some changes to the PP in their pocket that they're saving for the playoffs, because what they're currently doing will not cut it.

Reactions: BMC

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Well Carolina lost 3-0 to NJ so that makes me feel better (I think!) as we still have an 11-point cushion with 17 games to go. Actually, wait a minute, NJ is also 11-points back now but at least we have a game in hand. Again, not interested in the presidents trophy as such just in having home-ice and, to me, the bigger the cushion is the easier it is to rest people. Just beat Chicago next please!
Carolina has only scored one goal in three games. Imagine this board if that was happening too?

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Would help if Bertuzzi could contribute a bit.

He hasn't looked like the same player I remember in Detroit so far.
I think he needs a bit more time - he has only played 4 games with the Bruins. Hopefully he settles in soon but I think he has been okay so far given the 68 minutes of ice time.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Yeah he hasn't looked great, but he's coming to a new team/system for the first time in his career and is only human.

Lindholm struggled last year at first, I hope Bert can figure it out by playoffs and hopefully gets some time with Hall before round 1 as well.

He seems a step behind IMO, wonder if he's still getting his conditioning back from all the time he has missed from injuries.

Reactions: Gordoff

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

DETROIT — Brandon Carlo, too often a victim of hard luck with injuries late in the season, looked to be in distress early in the first period here Sunday when he slid headfirst into the rear wall in an attempt to break up a Joe Veleno break-in on goalie Jeremy Swayman.
Carlo, who made a belly-flop dive for Veleno low in the slot, slid by the left post and careened hard into the boards at 2:05.
Back on his feet, but in obvious pain, the 26-year-old blue liner made his way directly to the dressing room, hunkered over as he walked, only to return to the bench after being gone for just 90 seconds of playing time.

“I was concerned initially,” said Bruins coach Jim Montgomery. “He went into the boards hard and I was afraid it might be a shoulder, or neck, or head . . . thankfully, he was all right.”

Reactions: Gordoff

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
How does giving Bussi a couple of games when they will have a bunch of AHL players in there also do this? They aren't making any decisions based on that. His AHL tenure
is more informative. Also they can only make 4 call ups to the end of the season
so why waste it on Bussi when Swayman can use every rep he can get.
you wouldn't see Bussi, you'd see Keyser go up now if push came to shove, and something happened to either Swayman or Linus, just like Kincaid did before they dealt him to COL, BESIDES BOTH AFFILIATES will likely be playoff bound shortly

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

It must not be easy getting traded from a team where you had good friends and chemistry, and then have to play against them on a back to back weekend shortly after getting traded

Now that the Bruins are done with Detroit, I think Bertuzzi will settle in and start looking like the Bertuzzi that Bruin fans want to see

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I still haven't seen Hathaway go full asshole. I'm hoping to see it soon otherwise I'll feel like the Bruins have been had somehow.

ShiftyNifty16

Blow it up, burn it down, hit reset and start over
Apr 11, 2014
Earth
Actually people always remember great teams that flamed out. How many times have we heard TB in 2019 mentioned ad nauseum? How about the 1971 Boston Bruins?

I'm certain many people remember the 1986 Oilers and the "legend" of Steve Smith, especially in Calgary and Edmonton.

How about our own New England Patriots 2007 season?
Can't disagree with you. I'd like the 2023 Bruins remembered for a good reason. The 2007 Patriots still haunt me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad