Post-Game Talk: Game 65 - THE BEAR has Dallas seeing stars - BRUINS 4 Dallas 3 F

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
DeBrusk better layoff that stick checking BS
and start taking the body. He bypassed at least 6 opportunities last night. That's not going to fly in the playoffs.

most frustrating player on the B`s for this fan. While I never expect him to put someone through the glass, this guy so rarely hits an opponent it`s crazy how beloved he is here and the free pass so many give him here with the typical response being "he`s streaky" which I understand, but when he`s not in the midst of one of those positive streaks, he continually makes poor decisions or looks disinterested

I don`t know if Butch sat him at all last night but aside from the opportunities he passed up last night, his attention to details in his own zone were horrific

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I noticed that as well, he seems to be shying away from contact.

I don`t know if he`s shying away from it or simply doesn`t like it?

It`s not like he`s a small kid and again, I don`t expect him to put anyone through the glass but I can`t recall the last time I watched Jake hit someone.....on purpose

Reactions: BMC

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario

It`s not like he`s a small kid and again, I don`t expect him to put anyone through the glass but I can`t recall the last time I watched Jake hit someone.....on purpose
Just a little physicality would be great. Is he gun shy since his concussion? I hope the coach's are telling him he needs to be more physical.

Reactions: BMC and Lady Rhian

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Credited with 32 hits this season (in 60 games). That's one less than Heinen was credited with.

But, he's also great at avoiding opponent's shots. 15 blocked shot. Terrible.

That's a horrible combo for a winger.

Reactions: lopey

DGS

Jan 21, 2014
Portland, OR
My hot takes:

In the first I was thinking “man Ritchie just stands around out there like Ovechkin or something” and then Milbury said how concerned he was about him being slow. Then he proceeds to drop that great stat line on the night and earn a star, lol.

Kase looks like he is going to be dynamite once he has a few games.

I know it’s been said on this thread, but damn Par Lindholm has been playing GREAT.

Fun game!

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
DeBrusk better layoff that stick checking BS
and start taking the body. He bypassed at least 6 opportunities last night. That's not going to fly in the playoffs.
most frustrating player on the B`s for this fan. While I never expect him to put someone through the glass, this guy so rarely hits an opponent it`s crazy how beloved he is here and the free pass so many give him here with the typical response being "he`s streaky" which I understand, but when he`s not in the midst of one of those positive streaks, he continually makes poor decisions or looks disinterested

I don`t know if Butch sat him at all last night but aside from the opportunities he passed up last night, his attention to details in his own zone were horrific
Danton Heinen, who was considered soft as butter by fans here, has 1 more hit than him on the season. I never understood why Heinen got more flack for not being physical while DeBrusk got a pass.

Yes DeBrusk is the better player and scorer but his streakiness leaves me wanting more because he has the toolset to be a great player.

Reactions: Spooner st and BMC

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Who didn't love Nevin....

I've told this story before:

Nevin lived in Quincy when he was on the Bruins. I worked at the Stop and Shop on the Southern Artery and he used to shop there all the time. My buddy came into work one day and said "You won't believe what I just saw! Nevin Markwart was roller blading over the Fore River Bridge from Weymouth to Quincy!" Since the Fore River Bridge had a pedestrian sidewalk, I asked him what the big deal was. He said "Dude, he was in the traffic lane!!"

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
I've told this story before:

Nevin lived in Quincy when he was on the Bruins. I worked at the Stop and Shop on the Southern Artery and he used to shop there all the time. My buddy came into work one day and said "You won't believe what I just saw! Nevin Markwart was roller blading over the Fore River Bridge from Weymouth to Quincy!" Since the Fore River Bridge had a pedestrian sidewalk, I asked him what the big deal was. He said "Dude, he was in the traffic lane!!"
LOL, that doesn't surprise me that Nevin was roller blade in the traffic lane- could you imagine him knocking people down on the pedestrian sidewalk? :laugh:

Reactions: BMC and jgatie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad