Post-Game Talk: GAME 65 - SWEEP HOME BRUINS BUT WE'LL MEET AGAIN - BRUINS 4 Toronto 1

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
In the playoffs it isn't about fighting but the scared mentality is damning.
Yes intimidating your opponents is important but the skill portion is more important. Marchand Geekie Frederick,lauko,Mac bring it. Pasta hits more than any top star at his level. I believe its more important to have players who don’t get intimidated than to have players who intimidate. Our 4th line has been unreal the last month. I like our team

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland

This guys out to lunch. Funny that Marchand is a headhunter but no mention at all of the crosscheck to the throat. TO media is so biased it’s hilarious! Maybe if they had a player of Marchand’s grit, talent and determination they would get railroaded every spring.

If you live in Canada get ready over the next three days to hear more about Marchand going after Knies and the media pity party. Barf!

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
This guys out to lunch. Funny that Marchand is a headhunter but no mention at all of the crosscheck to the throat. TO media is so biased it’s hilarious! Maybe if they had a player of Marchand’s grit, talent and determination they would get railroaded every spring.

If you live in Canada get ready over the next three days to hear more about Marchand going after Knies and the media pity party. Barf!
They are pushing for suspension as usual

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Great win. Liked the level of response physically. Still wish there was more of it. I would say that was an appropriate level of pushback. I think Tie Domi's kid would have felt the brunt of it at some point.... had he not chose to become a tough guy after the game was already over. TSN Broadcast was embarrassing.

Best players were involved emotionally and physically. Marchand, Coyle, Pastrnak, McAvoy. etc... Same can't be said for the other side. Maybe Grzelcyk's best game this season. Smayman is a beast. I like the edge he seems to play with has too... Always engaged. Not afraid to get in the face of those who come into the paint.

I would double down on the defense if there's any move to be made before deadline. That combined with goaltending is your ticket IMO.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Lauko & Brazeau were very good tonight - Lauko speed and willingness to hit the what they need

They pick up someone they would have to sit
Were you surprised what your friend said on his podcast about #55 last night. I was. Looks like kieth Primeau. Just wish he score a bit more. I’m totally shocked at how good he has been.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22Brad Park

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Domi throws punches against Marchand.

Nobody on the Bruins does anything about it.

Domi then goes out his next shift and does the same thing to McAvoy.

Wake the **** up if anyone thinks this team has what it takes to go to true battle in the playoffs.
Wotherspoon getting fed every punch thrown in his fight changes none of that.

All true. And this is the Leafs we're talking about.

Tonight was a mix of TO, 2011 and a desire not to embarrass the Cup team, their captain, their fans, and themselves.

For one night, it was glorious to see. The fight in the Bruins, if not the intimidation or swagger.

But -- sorry, sorry -- they are not a physical team, and wishing won't make it so.

It would be nice if Sweeney could pick up a couple of bangers and maybe even Lindholm. But playoff teams are not built at the deadline. They are built over time, with a clear vision as to what succeeds in the second season.

Don Sweeney has never constructed a true playoff contender.

The kind which, you know, makes it past the first round, never mind the second.

He was handed a still vital core of champions and failed to augment them properly, or at all. Boston needed the next generation of character, skill (yes), physicality, and attitude in the post Chiarelli era. Sweeney discarded such players and dismissed their utility. (Similarly, DK#46 was left to negotiate a revolving door of inferior linemates.}

What Big Brain valued and emphasized instead was "speed and skill," which, after nearly a decade, has left the Bruins bland, timid, and easily shut down by an aggressive forecheck or physical play.

I hope the Boston Bruins will return, someday, to their roots.

As long as Don Sweeney holds the reigns -- whilst the old man raises ticket prices by 10% in a single season without blushing & rakes in his playoff gate -- that will not happen.

I wish I was wrong.

I don't think I am.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad