GDT: Game 65: Lightning @ Coyotes - 6PM - Don't bring a Tocc to a Gun/Knife Fight

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Great now Chayka won't make a move and we'll continued to get punished by all the teams that can play a little physical.

We weren't trading anyone away even if we got clowned tonight. It's amusing but I don't think it actually mattered in terms of what were gonna do Monday.

We're competing (or attempting to), it's positioning for the fanbase after the hot start. They can't go back. It might be sunk cost fallacy on paper but it doesn't matter you can't white flag a tortured fanbase after getting them pumped for 2 months.

Reactions: Fuhrious

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
All I want is a bottom pair Dman and bottom six forward that can knock someone on their ass. Not too much to ask for at the deadline.

It all comes down to cost for me. We got Vermette for basically jack shit slightly ahead of the TDL and he was huge in 2012. Find a deal? Sure make it happen.
This team isn't as good as that one was, but we're not blowing up the core and we're not dumping the peripheries right now (maybe some in the offseason though). I'd rather make a show of it for better or worse even if it ain't likely to work.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
If they can take a shitload of confidence out of this game, I suppose anything is possible, but it's more likely rt's prediction comes true and they don't win a game for another two weeks :laugh:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
We weren't trading anyone away even if we got clowned tonight. It's amusing but I don't think it actually mattered in terms of what were gonna do Monday.

We're competing (or attempting to), it's positioning for the fanbase after the hot start. They can't go back. It might be sunk cost fallacy on paper but it doesn't matter you can't white flag a tortured fanbase after getting them pumped for 2 months.

I'm not looking for a huge trade. Trade a couple of our softies for a couple guys with some grit. If you're gonna continue to try to make the playoffs, that's the smart move. Shame it doesn't fit into his soft analytics.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'm not looking for a huge trade. Trade a couple of our softies for a couple guys with some grit. If you're gonna continue to try to make the playoffs, that's the smart move. Shame it doesn't fit into his soft analytics.

Couldn't hurt of course, but most of our softies are expensive and hard to move in a hockey trade at the deadline given our lack of assets we can use as sweeteners.

The last two months are not my idea of being 'pumped' about anything. Sub .500 hockey.

I agree, but due to NHL points system parity that's not how it looks to anyone who isn't deeply into this stuff and that matters a lot.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Well....I didn't watch this one. Turned it on and Tampa scored twice to tie at 3 so I turned it back off haha.

It's a bit hard to get excited about the win because I can't say that it means anything at this time. It would be much more exciting if they hadn't pissed away the season for the last 2 months.

Reactions: Fuhrious

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Well....I didn't watch this one. Turned it on and Tampa scored twice to tie at 3 so I turned it back off haha.

It's a bit hard to get excited about the win because I can't say that it means anything at this time. It would be much more exciting if they hadn't pissed away the season for the last 2 months.

Don’t you ever watch a game again or I’ll bust your knee caps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad