GDT: Game 65: Lightning @ Coyotes - 6PM - Don't bring a Tocc to a Gun/Knife Fight

zz

Nov 1, 2006
I'm sorry but... F this team. 30+ games of terribleness, virtually no chance of making the playoffs, then ONE good effort the day before trade deadline because nobody wants to be traded away and have to actually play hard for a different team in the postseason? Are you kidding me?

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'm sorry but... F this team. 30+ games of terribleness, virtually no chance of making the playoffs, then ONE good effort the day before trade deadline because nobody wants to be traded away and have to actually play hard for a different team in the postseason? Are you kidding me?
Pretty much.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Oh god. I thought of it as bad luck until now. But you’ve shown me the truth. And it’s so much worse. You’re right. They played their balls off because the TDL motivated them.

Reactions: Foggy1097

slv

Sep 19, 2012
astral
So, every single lazy ass showed up just in last game before the TDL. Will Chayka buy into it?

Which kind of game is a measure for a GM: game vs top team but from different conference (TBL) or game vs direct competitor (DAL). We`ll see.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Reactions: Jakey53

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The Athletic says 50% chance. Odds are getting better by the minute.

2019-20 NHL playoff chances and standings projections

The Coyotes need to win 2 games for every loss and they also need a little help from teams in front of them due to sliding for 2 months. Unfortunately, Vegas, Edmonton, and Vancouver can all make it with .500 hockey more or less.

It's really a five way fight between Calgary, Nashville, Winnipeg, Minny, Arizona.

The Coyotes play WPG twice, NSH once, CGY once. VAN 3x but they aren't in a lot of danger. Given that they drop games against teams like Ottawa and LA, there are no easy games.

We should know by the end of the western Canada road trip (ends March 9th) whether or not they are realistically going to make it.

Reactions: TheLegend

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
The Coyotes need to win 2 games for every loss and they also need a little help from teams in front of them due to sliding for 2 months. Unfortunately, Vegas, Edmonton, and Vancouver can all make it with .500 hockey more or less.

It's really a five way fight between Calgary, Nashville, Winnipeg, Minny, Arizona.

The Coyotes play WPG twice, NSH once, CGY once. VAN 3x but they aren't in a lot of danger. Given that they drop games against teams like Ottawa and LA, there are no easy games.

We should know by the end of the western Canada road trip (ends March 9th) whether or not they are realistically going to make it.

10-6-1 will result in 91 pts. Might be enough.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
10-6-1 will result in 91 pts. Might be enough.

Only if they beat other teams in the chase like Winnipeg and Calgary.

Now would be a good time to rip off 5 or 6 wins in a row. They can drop a game or two out of conference or against teams safely in. They simply can't lose against the other 4 teams in the chase.

Reactions: MIG

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Also, in "good news for the laziest/most inconsistent group in the league", the Coyotes basically do not venture outside the Bay Area/Vegas triangle after that Canadian road trip ends. From March 12th onward, it's basically 4 short road trips (Vegas, Colorado, SJ, LA). The other 8 of the 12 games down the stretch are at home, where the Coyotes have suddenly remembered how to play hockey.

There's just one more B2B game set. 7 of the remaining games will be played on two days rest.

If they can beat Winnipeg and Calgary on that trip, they have a solid shot of making it, assuming they keep their effort level up.

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Also, in "good news for the laziest/most inconsistent group in the league", the Coyotes basically do not venture outside the Bay Area/Vegas triangle after that Canadian road trip ends. From March 12th onward, it's basically 4 short road trips (Vegas, Colorado, SJ, LA). The other 8 of the 12 games down the stretch are at home, where the Coyotes have suddenly remembered how to play hockey.

There's just one more B2B game set. 7 of the remaining games will be played on two days rest.

If they can beat Winnipeg and Calgary on that trip, they have a solid shot of making it, assuming they keep their effort level up.

If fatigue really is a factor, then our competition should experience more fatigue down the stretch than the Yotes. We've played more games than every other team in the league.

AJ171181

Sep 27, 2019
Bochum
You come all the way from Germany to see the Yotes?

My wife wants to vegas since years, i wanna see the Yotes since my first contact around 1999.

So... we are on a great Road trip right now. San Diego, L.A (bäh), Palm Springs, Arizona, Vegas.

I can see the game yesterday and on tuesday.

Was amazing yesterday, so many nice people, best Yotes game i can remember...

We are sitting in a cafe at the Grand Canyon now and i cant stop smiling :)).
So much more than i expected and its so amazing to watch a hockey game (not this german „hockey“) live and at a normal time ;-)

Last edited:

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
I love these clever PR pushes like #rallythevalley. As if WE'RE the reason you guys suck @SS and need to rally just to maybe squeak in to the 2nd WC spot. RT and company, you're on your own now. I'm hoping no one goes to the games although that certainly won't help retain Hall.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
I love these clever PR pushes like #rallythevalley. As if WE'RE the reason you guys suck @SS and need to rally just to maybe squeak in to the 2nd WC spot. RT and company, you're on your own now. I'm hoping no one goes to the games although that certainly won't help retain Hall.
I don't get quite as triggered about that one, although I'll admit the continued pumping of "Phil the Thrill" all over their social media while the guy steals oxygen all season makes a vein start throbbing in my temple...

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->