GDT: Game 65: Lightning @ Coyotes - 6PM - Don't bring a Tocc to a Gun/Knife Fight

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
We went through our rough stretch January/February, now we're gonna come out of it, rip a couple wins off and everyones gonna be talking about the Yotes again.

Reactions: Jakey53 and MIG

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
And now randomly our next games are Tuesday, Saturday and Wednesday. What the f*ck? I guess that’s where the games in hand go away for our rivals? I hate the NHL schedule. Why have we played so many damn games?
This has been my thought on repeat for a while. Why the f*** is our schedule so different from everyone else? I guess here’s to hoping Nashville loses four straight? Like what the hell

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
It's certainly hard to figure this team out this season. Feels good to get an emphatic win against one of the league's top teams. Still worried it's too far gone, however... Worried those dropped points against LA and ANH last month may be what ends up breaking us.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
And now randomly our next games are Tuesday, Saturday and Wednesday. What the f*ck? I guess that’s where the games in hand go away for our rivals? I hate the NHL schedule. Why have we played so many damn games?
Maybe that's why we've only tried for like half of them, we think half assing it allows us to play more games late in the season.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
The positive thing to be said about the schedule is, the last games is mostly against rivals for the playoff-spots. Meaning winning actually means the teams you want to pass is the teams you beat.

So this isn't over. Jut win and it's OK.

How can this team play like this against other teams than Tampa?

Reactions: AJ171181

AJ171181

Sep 27, 2019
Bochum
It's certainly hard to figure this team out this season. Feels good to get an emphatic win against one of the league's top teams. Still worried it's too far gone, however... Worried those dropped points against LA and ANH last month may be what ends up breaking us.

this team is not bad on some days, but you need consistency and tough plays for the playoffs, we dont have both.

This Minnesota game with the Kuemper injury was horrible, surely a seasonbreaker.

But lets try to enjoy the last games, the summer without hockey is long enough.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Hayton's passing is so ridiculously smooth. Looks effortless, but they're fast and accurate.
Just think, we could have been watching that ALL year, but no, RT benched him, then Chayka sends him to that stupid tournament. I'm surprised they put him in this time of year. I wish someone would ask RT why he waited until now.

Reactions: Muppet

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
All I want is a bottom pair Dman and bottom six forward that can knock someone on their ass. Not too much to ask for at the deadline.
If Bush keeps on playing and improving AND we get Chick and Demers back I think I would stand pat. We definitely need more beef up front, but I wouldn't over pay now, rather wait till the off season.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The positive thing to be said about the schedule is, the last games is mostly against rivals for the playoff-spots. Meaning winning actually means the teams you want to pass is the teams you beat.

So this isn't over. Jut win and it's OK.

How can this team play like this against other teams than Tampa?
It’s pretty close to over. They have to go 10-5-2 to get to 92 points. That’s still probably not even enough. Even at 10-5-2, they’ll still fail to have a winning season yet again, as it’s be 41-41 when it’s all over. Pathetic.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm not looking for a huge trade. Trade a couple of our softies for a couple guys with some grit. If you're gonna continue to try to make the playoffs, that's the smart move. Shame it doesn't fit into his soft analytics.
The chance of us making the playoffs is not good, so I don't want to lose more assets or a player for a rental. We lost enough assets in the Hall deal and can't afford to lose more.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

This has been my thought on repeat for a while. Why the f*ck is our schedule so different from everyone else? I guess here’s to hoping Nashville loses four straight? Like what the hell
IF we would have won a couple of those games coming out of the break, we would be getting a nice break and getting players rested for the playoffs. We would be loving our schedule.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
excuse for losing on Feb 20: "not enough juice"
excuse for losing on Jan 29: "We haven't played recently" :facepalm:

Yeah, it certainly seems like the juice that they did not have in Dallas and St. Louis just sort of re-appeared?

Ok, then if the reality is that your team amplifies its game to being called out publicly, why did it take this long to figure out? It just seems like a coach should be aware of how to push his team's buttons in the right way.

Reactions: MIG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad