GDT: Game #65: Coyotes @ Blackhawks - 3:00pm (AZ) - Scripps, Coyotes Central

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Sharks are worse (1-7-2 in last 10), Sens are worse (7 game losing streak). Pens are on their way to being worse (outscored 15-1 since losing Guentzel). Bottom 9 teams in the league are straight up dumpster fires. With all the losing, not making up much lottery ground as seemingly everyone else is losing too.

View attachment 834101
Good point… the degrees of badness are close to equal across these teams

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Not demoralizing at all. This will be toxic to all of our players young included
Impossible for it not to be. Anyone thinking otherwise has never had anything close to a similar experience.
As a former Illinois-an, I can say this is 100 percent accurate. Straight up bandwagon fanbase. I moved there from Buffalo in 1996 as a kid. No one gave a f*** about hockey or the Blackhawks there. I got bullied like crazy because of how much I love the sport. Then when Toews and Kane (a kid from Buffalo of all places) showed up, suddenly those same assholes bullying me were out at my college bars wearing their jerseys. Only thing the Hawks and their "fans" will get from me are trauma-forged grudge shaped jars of cat piss.

Hell, you can probably say my Yotes fandom started in 2012 when we beat their ass in the first round. 7 years before I moved here. Raffi Torres baby. That catharsis felt so good. I want this new arena so bad, because I want to spend the rest of my days and nights taking my wife and kids to games to watch us break that team's and their "fans" hearts year after year and waste Bedard's entire career once the rest of this GMBA core arrives. LFGY.
Chicago suburb born and raised. My first live game was Rangers at Hawks, standing room only available at the Stadium. It was that way until I left in 1980, can’t say what may have changed after that.

Last edited:
Reactions: MayDayMayDay

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Too bad they don't have any other skilled forwards.
Crosby 36, Malkin, 37, Letang 36, Rust, Rackell, Smith, Karlsson, 30+. For point counters, they have 7 more points than the Coyotes so woohoo. Reality is however, they are 5-10 years behind the Coyotes for being a SC contender. They are aging, they have the 27th ranked prospect pool according to Wheeler. They have 1 1st in 2024 or 2025, no 2nd in 2025. They will be Blackhawks/Sharks/Ducks level soon. Teams like them and the Capitals, these long time playoff teams will be fading to the bottom and watch their attendance drop accordingly. Another reason to be excited about being a Coyotes fan.

Reactions: Foggy1097

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Crosby 36, Malkin, 37, Letang 36, Rust, Rackell, Smith, Karlsson, 30+. For point counters, they have 7 more points than the Coyotes so woohoo. Reality is however, they are 5-10 years behind the Coyotes for being a SC contender. They are aging, they have the 27th ranked prospect pool according to Wheeler. They have 1 1st in 2024 or 2025, no 2nd in 2025. They will be Blackhawks/Sharks/Ducks level soon. Teams like them and the Capitals, these long time playoff teams will be fading to the bottom and watch their attendance drop accordingly. Another reason to be excited about being a Coyotes fan.

Just think what type of trade capital they could have acquired moving the first three.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Just think what type of trade capital they could have acquired moving the first three.

I think the Penguins are needing to rebuild again. At least the last one did good for them for about 17 straight seasons or so.

Their last rebuild took 4 rough seasons (and that was with two 1st OA picks and two 2nd OA picks.) Then, consider who they were able to draft with those high picks (Crosby, Malkin, J. Staal, and Fleury) over that span. Don't think you can rebuild any faster than that. It's going to take them longer this time.

Cashing out on Crosby and Malkin wouldn't be popular with the fanbase, but it would certainly help them turn things around more quickly than letting them retire Penguins. As a GM it would be tough to just say "thanks for everything, see ya!" though. Not sure I'd do it.

Last edited:

Yotes4Cup

Dec 1, 2017
I want this team to put up 15-20 pts the rest of the way, and finish around the 75 pt mark. As long as the overall record is improving year after year, I am happy with how the rebuild is going.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
I like the "sustainable success" expression Coyotes leadership has been using. The Pens path was never the sustainable success path.

Last edited:

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Chicago suburb born and raised. My first live game was Rangers at Hawks, standing room only available at the Stadium. It was that way until I left in 1980, can’t say what may have changed after that.
I've heard pray tell that it was hopping when I was really, really little before we moved there with the Belfour/Chelios squad. And I do recall watching some of those early 90's playoff games on HNIC from Chicago when they played the Leafs where it seemed raucous. But my experience when we did move there and they were bad was really unpleasant.

It just seemed to me that it didn't matter back there growing up - people only really cared about Jordan's Bulls, the Bears or Cubs/Sox (the whole, "baseball divides, football unites" dynamic). And it's wild because some of those Bears, Cubs and Sox teams were awful but still garnered the attention.

I'll admit, I might feel differently had I been greeted with the same kind of warmth and enthusiasm for the team and sport that our community here has shown me. Honestly, these days, the only teams I support from there are the Fighting Illini since I went to school there.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
my assertion that the coyotes are currently the worst team in the league isnt based on this most recent game ( the shit show) and I stated that. No, how about 3-17 in the last 20 as a basis for my claim AND 2 of those losses, wherein the Yotes gave up 12 goals, coming against the team with the worst season to date record in the league. I do not disagree that the future will be better ( its a hell of a low bar though), but right now, today, this moment, the Coyotes are the worst. if you cant see that, then enjoy your delusion; i have no desire to deprive you of it.
Well the standings disagree with you.

The most recent games disagree with you.

Basing that we're the worst team in the league because we lost 7-4 to Chicago? Lol.

We probably finish with >70 points.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020

Basing that we're the worst team in the league because we lost 7-4 to Chicago? Lol.

its seems as if you misread my post

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I think the Penguins are needing to rebuild again. At least the last one did good for them for about 17 straight seasons or so.

Their last rebuild took 4 rough seasons (and that was with two 1st OA picks and two 2nd OA picks.) Then, consider who they were able to draft with those high picks (Crosby, Malkin, J. Staal, and Fleury) over that span. Don't think you can rebuild any faster than that. It's going to take them longer this time.

Cashing out on Crosby and Malkin wouldn't be popular with the fanbase, but it would certainly help them turn things around more quickly than letting them retire Penguins. As a GM it would be tough to just say "thanks for everything, see ya!" though. Not sure I'd do it.
Crosby's having an outstanding season, don't think the other two are the problem.

Reactions: Jakey53

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I've heard pray tell that it was hopping when I was really, really little before we moved there with the Belfour/Chelios squad. And I do recall watching some of those early 90's playoff games on HNIC from Chicago when they played the Leafs where it seemed raucous. But my experience when we did move there and they were bad was really unpleasant.

It just seemed to me that it didn't matter back there growing up - people only really cared about Jordan's Bulls, the Bears or Cubs/Sox (the whole, "baseball divides, football unites" dynamic). And it's wild because some of those Bears, Cubs and Sox teams were awful but still garnered the attention.

I'll admit, I might feel differently had I been greeted with the same kind of warmth and enthusiasm for the team and sport that our community here has shown me. Honestly, these days, the only teams I support from there are the Fighting Illini since I went to school there.
Tell me about it, even when the Hawks were filling the stands in my early days, hockey wasn't mainstream there. I played in the area until I left in 1980, the programs were pretty good and a lot of skill came out of my era - Hull, Granato, Stapleton and I'm no doubt forgetting a few, as well as a lot of great players that didn't make the show. Was actually a bit tough at school, when all your buddy's played school sports. I lived out in the boonies and had to drive in closer to Chicago, just to play. There still isn't a rink closer to where I lived, but there are more folks willing to make the commute's necessary to play competitively.
Another thing to consider is that the NHL had it set up so the Hawks were all but guaranteed a playoff birth, I would imagine things changed some, when that changed.

We're not the worst, but stats don't tell the whole picture either.

You can't be serious. Look at what they have accomplished since Crosby was drafted in 2005.
Agreed, I would say they've been the most successful franchise since then.

Last edited:
Reactions: MayDayMayDay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad