GDT: Game #65: Coyotes @ Blackhawks - 3:00pm (AZ) - Scripps, Coyotes Central

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
the-end-the-end-is-near.gif

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Not demoralizing at all. This will be toxic to all of our players young included
You say the same thing after every loss haha. It’s about the day to day process/learning/good habit development right now way more than it is about the final destination of the season regarding point total. It means literally nothing at this point.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
I still think we're an improved team from last year. The effort isn't there right now. Many of the fundamental things that were making us successful early on are now things we've stopped doing since the turn of the calendar year.

But we're still just puppies - a super young team, stockpiling talent for the future, making them earn it, and taking our lumps. We look a lot like the Tampa Bay Lightning from the late 2000's. I really believe the struggles now will make us a better squad in the long run.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Chicago arena looks like how people think our arena is. It's always funny to see the Chicago people bitch about Arizona existing when they only started being popular when they got their core of Kane/Toews/Keith and started winning. Look how empty and quiet the arena is now that they suck lol.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Chicago arena looks like how people think our arena is. It's always funny to see the Chicago people bitch about Arizona existing when they only started being popular when they got their core of Kane/Toews/Keith and started winning. Look how empty and quiet the arena is now that they suck lol.
As a former Illinois-an, I can say this is 100 percent accurate. Straight up bandwagon fanbase. I moved there from Buffalo in 1996 as a kid. No one gave a f*** about hockey or the Blackhawks there. I got bullied like crazy because of how much I love the sport. Then when Toews and Kane (a kid from Buffalo of all places) showed up, suddenly those same assholes bullying me were out at my college bars wearing their jerseys. Only thing the Hawks and their "fans" will get from me are trauma-forged grudge shaped jars of cat piss.

Hell, you can probably say my Yotes fandom started in 2012 when we beat their ass in the first round. 7 years before I moved here. Raffi Torres baby. That catharsis felt so good. I want this new arena so bad, because I want to spend the rest of my days and nights taking my wife and kids to games to watch us break that team's and their "fans" hearts year after year and waste Bedard's entire career once the rest of this GMBA core arrives. LFGY.

Last edited:

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Just realized they put a circle underneath Bedard on the home feed because Chicago fans can't figure out who Bedard is without a prop and also only care about watching Bedard lmao.

Reactions: Mosby

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Okay finally finished watching the game. Yes I know it's been over for hours.

People in this thread who are dooming and glooming- you are crazy if you think that this game is indicative of us sucking more than Chicago, or being the worst team in the league.

All this game was is a game between two teams that both suck defensively. Ingram wasn't a god this night. Even so there were 2 goals that could have easily not gone in the net and quite a few more that fall on the defense. And we knew this. We just traded away 2 of our defenseman. Josh Brown is in the lineup. If you didn't see this coming IDK what to tell you.

Chicago has had our number all season. We had a shit game. It happens. But honestly we really only had one bad period. This wasn't an absolute stomp. This wasn't Chicago sliding pucks into the net with ease.

It was just a normal game that sometimes happens. Hockey is like that. Yeah, I know we just had a really long losing streak. It sucks. But it happens. A lot of those games weren't stomps either.

*after* that losing streak, we're on a .438 points % which would put us around 70 points by the end, slightly higher than last year.

The year before that was our tank year, where we finished with as many points as we have now.

I might also add that at the end of January we were still an over >500 team despite losing 3 to start that losing streak at the very end. Last year the end of January we had .38 points %. Year before that we had .279 points percent.

This year has been a win for us. We've continued developing. We have prospects like Cooley, Kesselring and Guenther all making an impact for us. We're still pretty much right in the middle of a rebuild, so if you thought we should be a lot better than this, your expectations are pretty unrealistic.

Anyways, as for the game
  • Our defense needs to be about 5 inches taller and able to push someone or lift their stick while in front of the net.
  • Soderstrom kinda sucked on this one.
  • I am so sorry for calling you a god the last time we played Ingram, this is all my fault
  • Josh Brown, I love you but when you play hockey you are the equivalent of a giant turd wrapped around the toilet seat
  • I don't know what happened to Hayton's offensive capabilities but they've been MIA the whole season, can we please stop putting him with Keller?
  • While we're at it can we also stop stapling Schmaltz to Keller?
  • Overall pretty bad game for Schmaltz in general. Lots of lazy floating and lack of backchecking. Nothing really new there though.
  • I can't wait until we put Maccelli with people who can score
  • This team badly needs center depth
  • Cooley will be really good in a few years- hopefully top 10 positionally

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Our defense needs to be about 5 inches taller
BA is on it.

Soderstrom kinda sucked
I sense that Soda's time as a Coyote will end as our other prospects mature.

Overall pretty bad game for Schmaltz in general. Lots of lazy floating and lack of backchecking
3 pt game! I hear you though.

This team badly needs center depth
I think I've heard this before. :rolleyes:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
As a former Illinois-an, I can say this is 100 percent accurate. Straight up bandwagon fanbase. I moved there from Buffalo in 1996 as a kid. No one gave a f*** about hockey or the Blackhawks there. I got bullied like crazy because of how much I love the sport. Then when Toews and Kane (a kid from Buffalo of all places) showed up, suddenly those same assholes bullying me were out at my college bars wearing their jerseys. Only thing the Hawks and their "fans" will get from me are trauma-forged grudge shaped jars of cat piss.

Hell, you can probably say my Yotes fandom started in 2012 when we beat their ass in the first round. 7 years before I moved here. Raffi Torres baby. That catharsis felt so good. I want this new arena so bad, because I want to spend the rest of my days and nights taking my wife and kids to games to watch us break that team's and their "fans" hearts year after year and waste Bedard's entire career once the rest of this GMBA core arrives. LFGY.
I would say most fanbases are the same. We all want our teams to win.

Reactions: Nowotny

cobra427

May 6, 2012
You say the same thing after every loss haha. It’s about the day to day process/learning/good habit development right now way more than it is about the final destination of the season regarding point total. It means literally nothing at this point.
The players agree with you, point total means nothing.

Reactions: LittlePipes

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Okay finally finished watching the game. Yes I know it's been over for hours.

People in this thread who are dooming and glooming- you are crazy if you think that this game is indicative of us sucking more than Chicago, or being the worst team in the league.

All this game was is a game between two teams that both suck defensively. Ingram wasn't a god this night. Even so there were 2 goals that could have easily not gone in the net and quite a few more that fall on the defense. And we knew this. We just traded away 2 of our defenseman. Josh Brown is in the lineup. If you didn't see this coming IDK what to tell you.

Chicago has had our number all season. We had a shit game. It happens. But honestly we really only had one bad period. This wasn't an absolute stomp. This wasn't Chicago sliding pucks into the net with ease.

It was just a normal game that sometimes happens. Hockey is like that. Yeah, I know we just had a really long losing streak. It sucks. But it happens. A lot of those games weren't stomps either.

*after* that losing streak, we're on a .438 points % which would put us around 70 points by the end, slightly higher than last year.

The year before that was our tank year, where we finished with as many points as we have now.

I might also add that at the end of January we were still an over >500 team despite losing 3 to start that losing streak at the very end. Last year the end of January we had .38 points %. Year before that we had .279 points percent.

This year has been a win for us. We've continued developing. We have prospects like Cooley, Kesselring and Guenther all making an impact for us. We're still pretty much right in the middle of a rebuild, so if you thought we should be a lot better than this, your expectations are pretty unrealistic.

Anyways, as for the game
  • Our defense needs to be about 5 inches taller and able to push someone or lift their stick while in front of the net.
  • Soderstrom kinda sucked on this one.
  • I am so sorry for calling you a god the last time we played Ingram, this is all my fault
  • Josh Brown, I love you but when you play hockey you are the equivalent of a giant turd wrapped around the toilet seat
  • I don't know what happened to Hayton's offensive capabilities but they've been MIA the whole season, can we please stop putting him with Keller?
  • While we're at it can we also stop stapling Schmaltz to Keller?
  • Overall pretty bad game for Schmaltz in general. Lots of lazy floating and lack of backchecking. Nothing really new there though.
  • I can't wait until we put Maccelli with people who can score
  • This team badly needs center depth
  • Cooley will be really good in a few years- hopefully top 10 positionally
my assertion that the coyotes are currently the worst team in the league isnt based on this most recent game ( the shit show) and I stated that. No, how about 3-17 in the last 20 as a basis for my claim AND 2 of those losses, wherein the Yotes gave up 12 goals, coming against the team with the worst season to date record in the league. I do not disagree that the future will be better ( its a hell of a low bar though), but right now, today, this moment, the Coyotes are the worst. if you cant see that, then enjoy your delusion; i have no desire to deprive you of it.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
my assertion that the coyotes are currently the worst team in the league isnt based on this most recent game ( the shit show) and I stated that. No, how about 3-17 in the last 20 as a basis for my claim AND 2 of those losses, wherein the Yotes gave up 12 goals, coming against the team with the worst season to date record in the league. I do not disagree that the future will be better ( its a hell of a low bar though), but right now, today, this moment, the Coyotes are the worst. if you cant see that, then enjoy your delusion; i have no desire to deprive you of it.
Sharks are worse (1-7-2 in last 10), Sens are worse (7 game losing streak). Pens are on their way to being worse (outscored 15-1 since losing Guentzel). Bottom 9 teams in the league are straight up dumpster fires. With all the losing, not making up much lottery ground as seemingly everyone else is losing too.

1710179035933.png

Reactions: Dead Coyote

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad