Post-Game Talk: GAME #65: Canucks 2 @ Coyotes 5: Brad Richardson with the quad damage

CanucksMJL

Context apologist.
Jul 6, 2009
I wish he would do the right thing and come down with the same made up skin condition Marian Hossa has.

This is hilarious.
Has any team had to actually face consequences for signing those over 36yrs(or whatever age those start) contracts where the player hangs em up? Seems like a whole lot of "ouch my big toe! I can never play again". Really putting the long-term in LTIR.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
The bar is just comically low here.

12th in the conference 5 points out of the playoffs (with a record that would be 12 points out of the playoffs in the East) being framed as a big success by the team and media is just a total joke.

Don’t critique the progression man. It’s all about progression.

People expected the Canucks to be the worst of the worst. 7th worst in points percentage blows that out of the water.

We had the same points percentage after 50 games. And then again at 60 games. That’s miraculous.

Just look at what Pettersson and Markstrom have done and forget about everything else.

Go Canucks go!

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
They’re going to be playing meaningful games in March, plus they have young players on their roster!

They’re really doing things the right way

Reactions: geebaan

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
They’re going to be playing meaningful games in March, plus they have young players on their roster!

They’re really doing things the right way

I know you are being sarcastic, but look at the East in point standings. Playing meaningful games in this crap whole division is not surprisingly unimpressive

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
And no Gudbranson.

Am I in below-replacement player heaven right now?
uHb0R2J.gif

Hemty

"Magni Consili Angelus"
Jan 14, 2015
Riga
soundcloud.com
You still listen to that Neil Mcacrae wannabe? Was a decent guy coming up, now he’s the most arrogant of them all.
Sometimes, yeah, he still can give a good bit of info here and there. On the arrogance part i totally agree, him and Paterson have went just ape**** on the ego part, since their Patcast success.

Ryan Miller*

Jan 13, 2017
Arizona is better than us, further along in their rebuild, and has better management

Dark times
Pettersson and Boeser >>> Keller and Galchenyuk

It's actually too bad that the Yotes are going on a bit of a run, because they desperately need an elite, game-breaking talent if they don't want to top out at mediocre. I think most people would take Vancouver's future over Arizona's, but might be an interesting poll. Prior to this season, Pronman for example rated Vancouver's u23 core over Arizona's, and that was before Pettersson's emergence and Keller's sophomore slump.

Overall, not really impressed by Chayka as a manager whatsoever, though Tocchet was a good hire. Chayka lost a bunch of people when he started talking at the analytics conference about brain-scanning NHL prospects in order to figure out their hockey sense. Started to sound like a bit of a quack unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Who Am I gonna get mad at now? Haha

In all seriousness though, nice to see them I’ve their best possible lineup for ONCE

There's still Eriksson for whipping boy if you really want one. :sarcasm:

Agreed though, nice to finally see the kind of lineup almost everyone on the boards has been clamoring for.

Although, I am going to be extremely disappointed if we somehow play worse with those three anchors out of the lineup. :skeptic:

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Remind me again when Demko's last start was. 2nd of back to backs after a crushing shootout loss, I fear we mail this one in and Demko struggles with rust. Blowout city...

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Arizona is better than us, further along in their rebuild, and has better management

Dark times

...when have the Coyotes not been rebuilding? It just seems like a constant stream of badness to only mediocrity then straight back to bad.

Honestly the Coyotes and Panthers are probably the only two expansion NHL franchises that just make me feel bad for them.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Pettersson and Boeser >>> Keller and Galchenyuk

It's actually too bad that the Yotes are going on a bit of a run, because they desperately need an elite, game-breaking talent if they don't want to top out at mediocre. I think most people would take Vancouver's future over Arizona's, but might be an interesting poll. Prior to this season, Pronman for example rated Vancouver's u23 core over Arizona's, and that was before Pettersson's emergence and Keller's sophomore slump.

Overall, not really impressed by Chayka as a manager whatsoever, though Tocchet was a good hire. Chayka lost a bunch of people when he started talking at the analytics conference about brain-scanning NHL prospects in order to figure out their hockey sense. Started to sound like a bit of a quack unfortunately.

You need depth to win. The Canucks (like the Oilers) have none. The Coyotes are better than us after suffering worse injuries. They’re looking great. Good vets like Richardson insulating the kids and real talent on the backend. Definitely something to aspire to. Good management

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Happy to see Edler and Gaudette return. Let's hope the guys have the energy to help out Demko.
And, thank God, this is the last time we play the Coyotes.

I think they're going to strangle us tonight - low scoring game - but I'd love it if EP could break free to score at least one beautiful goal.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Happy to see Edler and Gaudette return. Let's hope the guys have the energy to help out Demko.
And, thank God, this is the last time we play the Coyotes.

I think they're going to strangle us tonight - low scoring game - but I'd love it if EP could break free to score at least one beautiful goal.
We're winless against them this year..

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
You need depth to win. The Canucks (like the Oilers) have none. The Coyotes are better than us after suffering worse injuries. They’re looking great. Good vets like Richardson insulating the kids and real talent on the backend. Definitely something to aspire to. Good management
And they will always be hunting that last wild card spot
And fail again until the team finally gets relocated

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad