GDT: GAME #65 3/4 7 PM ET - New Jersey at BRUINS | NESN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I wouldn't say horrible, save% can be just as much fault on his also horrible defensive play by his defenseman.

True, but he hasn't been close to stellar lately, and his save% isn't lower than deserved:

The second Rangers goal doesn't happen if Carlo doesn't get walked by Lindberg, true. However, even as he was walked, he forced Lindberg to the outside for a shot from an angle where Tuukka should save it nine out of ten times, at least.
Arizona's lone goal he overplayed the shot by a ridiculous amount and wasn't anywhere near getting the wraparound.
Against the Ducks, he kicked in one goal and on the offside goal didn't hold the post properly on the wraparound rebound.

I honestly believe he's the best goalie in the world when he's on his game, but he hasn't been for some time now. He makes some huge saves, but also allows weak goals. Khudobin looked shaky to start against the Kings, but held fast and got a regulation win where it probably should've been an OTW or OTL. Giving him a start against an offensively challenged team at this point is just fine by me. If the skaters can't outplay the Devils or eke out a win at this point in the season, it'll be mostly on them. I'd like to see Rask catch fire at the last stretch and into the playoffs (if we make it).

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
No Cammalleri ( upper body injury ) tonight so that helps the cause. :nod:

Don't be so sure, he's got 1 goal for us in the last 3 months. :laugh:

Best of luck tonight, got family ties to New England so the B's are always my 2nd team in the East. Will be pulling for you guys the rest of the way.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Drew Stafford will make his Bruin debut tonight against the New Jersey Devils at the Garden. He will slot in where most people expected him to, riding the right wing on the third line with center Ryan Spooner and left wing Frank Vatrano as a shooting and net-front presence.

“He's a guy that finishes well, he goes to the net. He can make plays. I think on paper he could be a good fit for that line,†said interim coach Bruce Cassidy. “If you look at what Vatrano does well with Spoons, they play with speed and force him to keep up, but I think he's a guy who'll finish some plays that those guys will make fr him. He'll go to the net, which I think is important. Frankie goes to the net, clearly, but if Frankie's shooting, we need someone there, and Spoons is usually the guy that's dishing. So I think it could be a good fit for him. It's a way to get him in the lineup.â€

The move knocks Jimmy Hayes out of the lineup. The much-maligned Hayes has been playing much better the last three weeks, but he's still stuck on two goals for the season.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/bruins/bruins_insider/2017/03/drew_stafford_in_the_lineup_tonight

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I love the confidence level in this thread but wonder if some of you are a little overconfident considering what we have watched the last two and a half years . Can't take anybody lightly .

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
Don't let this be a trap game boys, come out hot and heavy like you should and put it away early.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

I hope it's something happy, like an impending healthy baby. (FYI, Stafford has two coming soon...)

Now significantly happier with the Khudobin situation.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
i wouldve started rask tonite. dobby in ott

Nope. This is a little more gung-ho than taking a scheduled win with Rask tonight and a scheduled loss with Dobby. But this game breaks Rask's stretch up more evenly. Plus, as has been stated, OTT is potentially a four point game. Frankly, I don't care if the Bruins won in a SO or if they win in regulation- a point or two to NJD doesn't matter.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

I hope it's something happy, like an impending healthy baby. (FYI, Stafford has two coming soon...)

Now significantly happier with the Khudobin situation.

Came to post this.

Line-up is awful without Cammalleri and now Greene:

Hall - Zajac - Palmieri
Wood - Henrique - Bennett
Blandisi - Coleman - Noesen
DSP - Rooney - Lappin

Merrill - Santini
Severson - Lovejoy
Moore - Prout

Just guessing on the defensive pairings. Don't have any idea who switches to the left side with Greene out because we will have four righties.

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
Came to post this.

Line-up is awful without Cammalleri and now Greene:

Hall - Zajac - Palmieri
Wood - Henrique - Bennett
Blandisi - Coleman - Noesen
DSP - Rooney - Lappin

Merrill - Santini
Severson - Lovejoy
Moore - Prout

Just guessing on the defensive pairings. Don't have any idea who switches to the left side with Greene out because we will have four righties.

A very dangerous first line, I'm a big fan of Hall. But that lineup has no depth unfortunately.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
part of me thinks if we are gonna win this we need to limit the devils to 3-4 shots/scoring chances in the 3rd period.

Buckle down defensively and dont let any shots in on Khudobin. Have him face like 16 shots.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I want a dominant win. 5 - 0 or something of the sort. Happy with the win anywho, but it would be nice to win with authority and give them a big boost coming down the stretch.

Mad Dr Pepper

Jun 28, 2015
Quebec
Go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go

But what I really mean is : GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad