JI13MLT.jpg

19kWda7.jpg

hlO4CMt.jpg

X0mnPkh.jpg

403408_3848456250142_1103170913_n.jpg

Tonight's Officials

130p_mccauley.jpg
130p_rank.jpg

Referees Wes McCauley (4), Garrett Rank (7)
Linesmen Ryan Galloway (82), Michel Cormier (76)

Ntl. Anthem Rene Rancourt

WAYBACK MACHINE

BOSTON vs NEW JERSEY, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Devils are meeting for the 152nd time in their histories (includes Devils franchise as Kansas City & Colorado) with the Bruins having an 81-41-19-10 record and 502-402 scoring advantage in those games.

The Bruins are 44-19-8-6 in their 77 home games of this lifetime series with a 276-218 scoring edge in those contests.

The Bruins & Devils have split the 1st 2 games of this season’s series with each winning their game on home ice – Boston with a 2-1 win on 10/20 & New Jersey with a 3-0 victory on 1/2 … The Bruins are 6-2-0 in their last 8 games & are 18-5-0 in their last 23 games overall vs. New Jersey … They have won their last 4 home games vs. the Devils & are 10-1-1 in their last 12 games vs. New Jersey in
Boston with their lone regulation loss in that stretch a 4-3 setback on 10/26/2013.

Fun Fact – The Bruins are 29-21-6-4 vs. the Devils since they relocated to New Jersey in 1982 … 12 of the last 15 games between these teams have been decided by 2 goals or less, including 10 1-goal decisions.

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins host the Devils tonight in the 3rd & final game between these teams and the 2nd of 2 this season at TD Garden … The Bruins are 33-25-6 thus far this season with a 16-14-0 mark on home ice … They are 6-9-5 vs. Metropolitan Division opponents and are 21-15-6 vs. Eastern Conference teams this season.

The Bruins are playing game 3 tonight of a 3-game home stand (1-1-0) and a stretch in which they play 5 of 6 games on home ice.

They are wearing their 3rd uniform system tonight for the 12th of 15 games this season … They are 4-6-1 in those games so far.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Kevan Miller & Ryan Spooner are both playing their 200th NHL games tonight.
Dominic Moore is 2 goals short of his 100th NHL goal.
Tuukka Rask is 3 wins short of his 200th NHL victory.

INJURIES (135 total man-games lost)

None

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20162017/[email protected]?1488596188000

Drew Stafford has played as many games against the Boston Bruins as he has against any team in the NHL. On Saturday night, he gets to wear the old "Spoked B" when his new team hosts the New Jersey Devils at TD Garden.

"I've had a long history against this team and the organization," said Stafford, acquired from the Winnipeg Jets at the trade deadline, after his first practice with his new team on Friday.

"I've always been a big fan of the city and the team," said the longtime Buffalo Sabre. "Knowing guys who have played here throughout the years, they say nothing but good things about it. I'm excited to be on board and hopefully carry over some of that past success to help these guys win some games."

With the deal -- the Jets received a conditional sixth-round draft pick -- Stafford went from being on the outside of the playoff picture to being right in the middle of a race. The Bruins, losing Thursday night for only the second time in nine games under interim coach Bruce Cassidy, were in third place in the Atlantic Division through Thursday.

Stafford watched that game, meeting the media between the second and third periods of the 2-1 loss to the New York Rangers.

"I know a lot of the guys here are focused on getting back into the playoffs and back into the hunt," Stafford said. "I'm going to do the best I can to my ability to help this team win games. The way this team has been playing as of late, from what I've heard and what I've seen, we're in the mix to get back into the playoffs."

The Devils are technically alive in the Eastern playoff chase. But through Thursday night's 1-0 loss in Washington, they were eight points out of a wild card spot. They were also much closer to last place that the playoffs -- they were ahead of only Carolina and Detroit, who both have games in hand.

On Thursday night, Mike Cammalleri suffered what appeared to be a shoulder injury when he went into the boards and he is considered week-to-week. His place Saturday could be taken by rookie Pavel Zacha, who has missed the last three games with his second concussion of the season and just returned to practice Friday.

The Devils don't want to rush him and coach John Hynes said he didn't plan on using newly acquired defenseman Dalton Prout.

Short a forward, New Jersey could either bring one up from Albany or could go with 11 forwards and seven defensemen.

Speaking of that practice, New Jersey skated at Boston University's Agganis Arena -- a special day for former Boston University player Hynes.

"Yeah, it's nice to be back in Boston but then, particularly, in having an opportunity to practice here," Hynes said. "I haven't had a lot of opportunities to get back and see the building but also the guys that work at the rink that I knew when I was real young.

"Most of my adult life is attributed to the relationships that I've created through BU and the opportunities I had in college and as a grad assistant coach."

The Bruins outplayed the visiting Rangers Thursday night, but ran into a red-hot Henrik Lundqvist as Cassidy lost at home for the first time in five games behind the bench.

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Nice GDT yet again. Thanks Fenway !

A win would be nice.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO:handclap::handclap:

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Thanks Fenway! I always love a game on Saturday night and I hope the Bruins blow out the Devils.

I'm curious to see what Drew Stafford brings. Hopefully getting out of Winnipeg is a big boost for him. He should be thawed out by now.

GO BRUINS!! :handclap::handclap::handclap:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Thanks Fenway! I always love a game on Saturday night and I hope the Bruins blow out the Devils.

I'm curious to see what Drew Stafford brings. Hopefully getting out of Winnipeg is a big boost for him. He should be thawed out by now.

GO BRUINS!! :handclap::handclap::handclap:
Welcome to Boston Drew ! What # does he wear ?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Have to, just have to take 2 pts and I am confident they will this evening.

Perfect Saturday night I anticipate

Sens lose to CBJ in regulation

Habs get smothered by Rangers

Dallas upsets the Panthers

And I eat lotsa pizza washed down with a lethal combo of coke(the drink you turkeys) and club soda:)

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Can never play the Devils without thinking of the infamous "have another donut" incident. Classic!

All that matters at the end of this one is points. Ducks did the Bruins a solid last night in their win over the Leafs. Need to take full advantage of the situation.

Let's Go Bruins!

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Gotta have this one. No ********. Bring your ****ing A game and get 2 points. Curious to see how the lines shake out but you would assume:

March-Berg-Back
Cehlarik-Krejci-Pasta
Vatrano-Spoons-Stafford
Schaller-Moore-Nash

hoping Jimmy and Matt are sitting. Wouldn't mind Blidh and Czar getting a call up for the ride down the stretch and to keep guys honest.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
The Bruins have been shutout in 5 of the 6 periods that they've played against the Devils this year.

I hope it's more exciting than that this game but I won't hold my breath.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
First line rushes in AM skate:
Marchand—Bergeron—Backes
Cehlarik—Krejci—Pastrnak
Vatrano—Spooner—Stafford
Schaller—Moore—Nash

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
The Bruins have been shutout in 5 of the 6 periods that they've played against the Devils this year.

I hope it's more exciting than that this game but I won't hold my breath.

This is my concern also, Devils will attempt to put them to sleep early. Have to pot a couple quick to make the Devils open up. But as you said, won't hold my breath, will attempt to stay awake, that's my concern.

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
Looks like Beleksey is out as well. Can't say I'm mad to see both Hayes and Beleskey out of the lineup, sadly.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Looks like Beleksey is out as well. Can't say I'm mad to see both Hayes and Beleskey out of the lineup, sadly.

Funny thing is I remember them both arriving in Boston same year and being promoted at a Red Sox game. Big disappointment for both those players. Not sure who I'm more disappointed with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad