GDT: GAME #65 3/4 7 PM ET - New Jersey at BRUINS | NESN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
BIue7dQ.jpg

No excuse for a team with those rankings not to make the playoffs. Let's get it!

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Don't agree with the decision to start Khudobin.... we need this game. It's not a back to back situation... you gotta ride your #1 in my opinion. We better win this ****ing game.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Don't agree with the decision to start Khudobin.... we need this game. It's not a back to back situation... you gotta ride your #1 in my opinion. We better win this ****ing game.

Can't play Rask every game, Cassidy has to show faith Dobby can get it done.

Rask wasn't exactly great against NYR either.

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
I'm ecstatic that 1. I can watch this game since it's at night and I work Saturdays. and 2. that I don't have to watch Beleskey and Hayes lumbering around behind the play all night. This should be the line up for the rest of the season.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH

I agree with this. Every game has become a must-win. While true you can't play Rask in every game between now and end of regular season, he needs to play the vast majority of them.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I'm on the Khudobin fence....but I sort of think you have to grit your teeth and go with Rask unless you've got a back-to-back, OR you're in a safer playoff position.

That said, we're right in the middle of a 7-in-14 stretch, with only one extra day off next Thurs/Fri. If you're going to play Khudobin, you sort of have to do it against New Jersey - centrally located in the schedule, not a tough team (ie NYR two days ago), and not a divisional foe (OTT in two days).

I don't think Khudobin's been as bad as he's made out to be. His first game was Toronto's home opener - that was bound to be wacky. Then a game against MTL that a backup honestly has no business playing. Followed by Black Friday against CGY - first game back since his arm injury. Losing against Colorado, admittedly, is not excusable - especially with 4 goals against. But if you call under 2.1 GAA a winnable game, he's had 4 in 10 winnable games, and two more games that are around 3 GAA. That's not stellar, but it's at least average: 4 wins, 2 okays, and 4 bads.

Plus, we may be calling on Rask to do an OTT/TOR back-to-back. Rather have him rested to pick up those two 4-point games against teams that are both beatable AND important to beat.

Still, even with all this devil's advocate, I'd rather see Rask. Doesn't mean we automatically lose - just makes it a little tougher.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
You win and lose as a team so no issue starting Dobby He has been good under Cassidy..Watched Schneider for Devils the other nite vs habs .He stunk.No excuses not potting 3 or 4 today vs this bad team.

Last edited:

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
He better not have a stinker. Don't know why they are not playing Rask for this one.

Rask needs games off he will probably only have 3 more games off the rest of the year at most

If Tuukka plays 15 out of the last 18 games

He will have played 67 games that's a lot of hockey

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I feel like it'll be tough to expect Vatrano-Spooner-Stafford to stick, just for defense. Hayes was also relied on a little bit to take draws on that line in place of Spooner (even if he was absolutely horrid at them). I think we could see a Backes/Stafford swap at some point.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Tuukka SV% by month

October .958%
November .932%
December .915%
January .882%
February .895%

Tuukka has been horrible in 2017 the brutal schedule at the start of the season playing 5/6 more games than every other team in the NHL has really taken its toll on him

Since Jan 1

Tuukka has had a SV% above .915 in just 8 of his 23 starts

Start of the season to Jan 1st

Tuukka had a SV% above .915 in 16 of 28 starts

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Tuukka SV% by month

October .958%
November .932%
December .915%
January .882%
February .895%

Tuukka has been horrible in 2017 the brutal schedule at the start of the season playing 5/6 more games than every other team in the NHL has really taken its toll on him

Not to mention the back up situation and who knows if he is playing injured, etc?

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Tuukka SV% by month

October .958%
November .932%
December .915%
January .882%
February .895%

I wouldn't say horrible, save% can be just as much fault on his also horrible defensive play by his defenseman.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I feel like it'll be tough to expect Vatrano-Spooner-Stafford to stick, just for defense. Hayes was also relied on a little bit to take draws on that line in place of Spooner (even if he was absolutely horrid at them). I think we could see a Backes/Stafford swap at some point.

That's the way I see it too.Stafford with Bergeron line and Backes down with Spooner

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Ever since that groin scare where he missed a couple games he has never seemed the same

Would not shock me if he is still playing hurt

That sucks if its the case because he pretty much has no other choice other then tell the team he's out and then everyone's season is basically over.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008

Bruins don't play another team with this bad of an offense for the rest of the season.

If Khudobin can't play well enough against the Devils then Rask will get burnt out and we won't make the playoffs anyways.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, I can't hate on the decision to start Khudobin. I get that every point matters, but when Rask has clearly been overworked this season, you really need to pick your spots down the stretch. 29th best offense is definitely a good spot to do that.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008

Career wise, Stafford is a hell of a lot better at taking faceoffs than Hayes. So there's an improvement right there.

But it would be interesting to see Backes and Stafford swapped if things don't work out with him on the 3rd.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Let's hope Dobby controls his rebounds and plays solid.

I have no issues with Stafford playing with Spoons and Vatrano. It's an upgrade over Hayes. Think they'll play fine. Gotta have faith and believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad