GDT: [Game #64] Dallas Stars vs. Vancouver Canucks - 6:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Faksa line has to be the worst shut down line in the league I would think?

It finally connected with me today. Faksa is Dallas's forward version of Rasmus Ristolainen. He has the reputation for playing a lot of tough shutdown minutes, but he's terrible at it and gets caved in.

Just because a player plays big minutes doesn't mean he should.

Reactions: Elysian

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
It finally connected with me today. Faksa is Dallas's forward version of Rasmus Ristolainen. He has the reputation for playing a lot of tough shutdown minutes, but he's terrible at it and gets caved in.

Just because a player plays big minutes doesn't mean he should.

Risto is such a good comparison. I like that. Also ... someone else had a similar thought today ....

Reactions: David Castillo

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
imagine if Jacob Peterson started in the dzone 75% of the time :popcorn:

Yeah because no other player in the entire league plays the tough minutes and is capable of producing. He's truly a unicorn when it comes to shutdown minutes.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Risto is such a good comparison. I like that. Also ... someone else had a similar thought today ....

I am fairly sure I was reading that today and that's what lead me to the Risto comparison!

Also Faksa starts 15% of his time in the defensive zone, if you take out on the fly starts it is closer to 35%.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Dumb penalty. That cost us and was unnecessary. You can’t keep shoving a guy like that

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Harley has been watching some klingberg tape while sitting.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Yeah because no other player in the entire league plays the tough minutes and is capable of producing. He's truly a unicorn when it comes to shutdown minutes.
We're in the Riley Sheahan, Nic Dowd, Teddy Blueger, Curtis Lazar, Thomas Novak realm. Most of these players are negative GAR. This issue isn't specific to the Dallas Stars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad