GDT: [Game #64] Dallas Stars vs. Vancouver Canucks - 6:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
This coach will cost this team. Can’t win them all but you can’t have Lindell out on the PP and your best guys who are half your goals on the bench at the end of the game. That’s failed coaching.

Reactions: Elysian

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Seguin and Radulov were god awful. Radulov should not play another game this season. Guy is washed up
They were following the top line having played a long shift. Can’t bench 3/4 of your forwards. Someone has to play when they’re resting. The problem is the Stars don’t have a lot when the top line sits.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
The players on the ice at the end when the Stars needed a goal is inexcusable. If the Stars hadn't pulled the goalie I would've been convinced the coaching staff didn't know this was the 3rd period

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
They were following the top line having played a long shift. Can’t bench 3/4 of your forwards. Someone has to play when they’re resting. The problem is the Stars don’t have a lot when the top line sits.

Good coaches call a timeout there

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Dallas got what they deserved tonight.

Granted demko was great, Dallas was lethargic and slow all game. Minimal intensity in an important game.

Dallas was easy to play against tonight.

Reactions: ugrakarma

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
1648347207175.png

lol

Reactions: LT

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Looks like I made the right call by turning the game off after it went to 2-1. Welp that's one game in hand gone to waste.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I desperately wish I understood the logic behind Lindell on the PP, especially in the slot on your top PP unit...

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I desperately wish I understood the logic behind Lindell on the PP, especially in the slot on your top PP unit...

This is pure speculation here, but Laxdal has had an obsession with Lindell on the PP back to his Texas Stars days. I believe he utilized him in the bumper role weirdly often and it worked there. Unfortunately Lindell's offense in the AHL is probably a lot more impressive than the NHL.

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Faksa line has to be the worst shut down line in the league I would think?

Evolving-Hockey has a fancy plus minus (G+/60) that combines shot rate share, shot quality share, shooting, and save percentage. Of 53 lines with at least 200 minutes together, they're a -1.7, which is second worst in the league (only the Bonino line in San Jose is worse). It's fairer to look at their defensive components where they're a lot better (the shot quality they allow -xGA/60- ranks 32nd, which is okay but still averageish) but that depends on how much offense you're willing leave on the table out of forwards who get middle six minutes.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Evolving-Hockey has a fancy plus minus (G+/60) that combines shot rate share, shot quality share, shooting, and save percentage. Of 53 lines with at least 200 minutes together, they're a -1.7, which is second worst in the league (only the Bonino line in San Jose is worse). It's fairer to look at their defensive components where they're a lot better (the shot quality they allow -xGA/60- ranks 32nd, which is okay but still averageish) but that depends on how much offense you're willing leave on the table out of forwards who get middle six minutes.

The Dallas Stars are willing to leave all the offense on the table for... 15th in goals against per game played in the NHL.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Plenty of shitty coaching decisions. Still ran into a hot goalie, though. Demko wasn’t gonna lose this game easily and the Stars just didn’t get quite lucky enough.

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
Perhaps the Stars deserved this outcome after the Carolina game. Can't have them believing that they can get vastly outplayed and still win games. Not good for building a winning culture.

Reactions: catters078

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad