GDT: Game 64: Columbus at New York Rangers | 2/29 7PM EST

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Sheet! Just saw this game is on NHL network so nhltv is more useless than normal. Guess i'll have to watch The Voice instead. :laugh:

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Every time I think I am good with a win or a loss this February...then CBJ goes and plays someone like the NYR.
Nash or no Nash...KICK their a.. on the ice and on the scoreboard.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Yes let's play two overpaid, plodding grinders and send down the quicker, younger, more skilled guy.

Dare I say Rychel has looked Campbell-like in the past month or so? Playing him on the 4th line did him no good. He should be higher in the lineup or sent down. The right choice was made

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Dare I say Rychel has looked Campbell-like in the past month or so? Playing him on the 4th line did him no good. He should be higher in the lineup or sent down. The right choice was made

Agreed. 5 minutes of ice time with Campbell isn't doing him any favors.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Yes let's play two overpaid, plodding grinders and send down the quicker, younger, more skilled guy.

I may not be understanding the rules quite right, but I think Rychel had to be on the Cleveland roster today in order to be eligible for AHL playoffs later. That will be invaluable experience for Rychel and some teammates.

Having said that, I also thought that CBJ could then recall him after 3pm. Clarkson being available and Bourque clearing waivers may have caused them not to do that.
They aren't going to send Bourque down to LEM for 19 games (the kids there need to play and they really don't want to embarrass him for what might be his last 19 game rodeo), and more importantly Rychel needs more ice time and top-6 play than he was getting on 4th line with CBJ for his development/confidence purposes.

No doubt Rychel would be better option for CBJ success now. However, I have to admit that LEM is probably better option tonight for Rychel's long-term success and CBJ long-term success. I feel your pain JFIF, it sucks for now.

EDIT - what Wennberg said. He's faster fingers.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
The 4th line has looked like a somewhat effective line tonight. Not offensively but bangin out there and forechecking hard. Clarkson is motoring so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad