GDT: Game 64: Columbus at New York Rangers | 2/29 7PM EST

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Nothing like a good kick in the butt to end it... Good grief, coming up that short pisses me off even more.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Hey, at least we can go home with one of those swell "moral victories" our fanbase has been content with for so long!

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
We may be 20th in scoring, but we're 8 goals spread out throughout the season from being tied for 9th.

Yes we score a lot of goals but what we still lack is that explosive scorer like a Perry, Seguin, Kane, Ovie, etc. A guy like that also opens up ice for some of the grittier goal scorers.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Korpi continues to shine . Have to be impressed with him giving up 2 or less in 12 of past 17.

Eh, I don't think this is a game I would say he shined in. In fact, I felt like this was one of his worse games. I did miss parts of the second and third, but saw the 2 goals he gave up and don't really think shine is the adjective I would use.
YMMV.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
The questions the Columbus media asks our players after a loss annoy the hell out of me! They're like a parent trying to console their kids.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Eh, I don't think this is a game I would say he shined in. In fact, I felt like this was one of his worse games. I did miss parts of the second and third, but saw the 2 goals he gave up and don't really think shine is the adjective I would use.
YMMV.

Probably should have watched all, he made some huge saves . The goal in the 3rd was a breakaway short handed . First goal was flukey, but not soft . Anyway your rookie goalkeeper gives up 2 goals , that's a very solid game

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Probably should have watched all, he made some huge saves . The goal in the 3rd was a breakaway short handed . First goal was flukey, but not soft . Anyway your rookie goalkeeper gives up 2 goals , that's a very solid game
I missed most of the game as well but in the 3rd, watching the Rangers feed, they said both goalies played well. They were impressed with Korpisalo.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I think that is true. They arr learning to play Tort's low scorong system.

Yeah, I hate systems in which you score 3 or more goals in 5 of the last 9 games, while scoring 6 goals in two of those games.

As a new head coach with the worst defensive team in the league you have to focus on team defense first. This team has been doing better in starting to equalize shots totals. That was a great road game against one of the better team defenses in the league and their offense is actually top 10.

I think this offense is doing very well when your top line is Jenner/Dubinsky/Atkinson. That doesn't exactly strike the same type of fear as what Chicago and Dallas brings at you. We've still got guys like Wennberg developing. Karlsson is actually starting to produce some. This is going to take time.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad