GDT: Game 64: Avs vs Canucks | 7:30 PM MT | February 27, 2019

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Bednar just really loves Dries, and if his only standard is consistent effort, I suppose I can see why. The problem is that Dries barely gets anything done despite his "consistency". He's consistently ineffective at both ends of the ice. If he's willing to let a guy like Graves work his way through some kinks on the back end down the stretch, I don't see why Bednar wouldn't do the same with Greer on the fourth line, it's not like Greer is a total liability out there like Bourque.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I’m getting antsier than a Sedin trying to defend the breakout, while Giguere runs interference.

cropped_HenrikJiggy.gif

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
A Canucks fan predicted a 4-3 OT win for us tonight...

He really doesn't know anything about this Avs team.

When games go into OT I just turn off the game and say "Yay, we got 1 point!" and move on with my day. Not even worth watching when you know the outcome lol.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
When games go into OT I just turn off the game and say "Yay, we got 1 point!" and move on with my day. Not even worth watching when you know the outcome lol.
I blame the OT problems strictly on coaching. I mean I know Avs have offensively gifted forwards who aren't necessarily very smart defensive players, but no one should be as bad as the Avs are in OT. They don't even give a fight, one minute or so into OT and they make very stupid and careless mistakes which end up in their net. The players need a 3 on 3 system which they can work with and it's Bednar's job to do so. They've lost so many valuable points because they have zero idea how to play 3 on 3 hockey

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
How is the coach supposed to step in and stop the soft goal from tricking through Varlamov’s pads? How many near-misses and blown coverages can you string up the coach for? Bednar shares blame for the OT record but doesn’t own it exclusively:

Reactions: Avs

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
How is the coach supposed to step in and stop the soft goal from tricking through Varlamov’s pads? How many near-misses and blown coverages can you string up the coach for? Bednar shares blame for the OT record but doesn’t own it exclusively:
Maybe we just pull the goalie, and go 4v3 and hope for the best.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Sportsnet Pacific broadcast crew is one of my least favourites in the NHL. Shorthouse and Garrett are both bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad