GDT: Game 64: Avs vs Canucks | 7:30 PM MT | February 27, 2019

mapletreemarty

Jan 26, 2017
Thunder Bay
Let's just go out and curb stomp these f***ers....look at those D pairings...if we cannot abuse that back end then we don't belong in the playoffs.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Not a big fan of Brassard on the left and I worry about offense being produced with Jost at center and Calvert on his wing. I would have just swapped Brassard and Jost.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Jost played his best games since coming back while on a line with Landy and Calvert. He did score last game while officially being with other players but when he scored Landy was on the ice while in the middle of a line change. I for one am happy they are back together.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I thought the Jost-Brassard-Calvert line worked well but I don't mind the look of this. I prefer Jost at center and he has played well with Landeskog on his line.

Never been so happy to see Wilson back. I still think Bourque is okay to fill in for a game or two but you can't have him as a regular, especially in the middle of a playoff push.

Reactions: Avs

Over the Pants Landy

Feb 19, 2013
CT
good lines my only tweak if I were in charge which I'm not would be Compher and Calvert switch.

Either way I like these. I think Jost with Landy needs to stick.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I understand that some of this is simply coach speak, but how is Greer supposed to have any consistency when he receives 6 minutes of sporadic shifts on the 4th line? If Bednar was being truthful, I think he would acknowledge that Greer was playing much better in his recent call up.
Dude’s an absolute moron who plays favourites. He just can’t say it outright.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

Find a coach in the NHL that doesn't play favorites. Your opinion on Bednar's intelligence is up to you, but playing favorites is not unique to Bednar. Coaches have guys they trust more than others.

Reactions: Avs

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
I don't mind those lines. It's the best we can do atm. Greer would be our 13th forward so i'm fine with him being in the AHL. As long as he's our first callup of course.

We should win this. We have to win this. We will win this.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Find a coach in the NHL that doesn't play favorites. Your opinion on Bednar's intelligence is up to you, but playing favorites is not unique to Bednar. Coaches have guys they trust more than others.
It’s not, but there are no reasons to flat out make up nonsense to cover it up.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Fans also play favourites and usually gravitate towards the young prospect. Greer shouldn't be playing above anyone in the top nine and they need a center so it's really between Greer or Ghetto. I'd go with Greer, even for a few minutes a game, but who knows if that decision is even up to Bednar. It would be surprising to me if Bednar actually wants anything to do with Ghetto in his lineup.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Every damn coach in the whole world does this. So every coach is a moron to you? Look at our lineup. Greer would be our 13th forward. So he's better off in the AHL where he can actually ... well, PLAY.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Every damn coach in the whole world does this. So every coach is a moron to you? Look at our lineup. Greer would be our 13th forward. So he's better off in the AHL where he can actually ... well, PLAY.

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Kerfoot - Brassard - Compher
Nieto - Soderberg - Calvert
Greer - Jost - Wilson

Our 12 best forwards, IMO.

Bourque should be the 13th forward, Dries should be in the AHL, and Andrighetto shouldn’t be playing in our organization.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
The point is you can’t say he is inconsistent and that’s why he doesn’t play when he doesn’t even get to play, and when Gorque, Andrighetto, Dries etc have been consistent at being bad.

Reactions: mapletreemarty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad