UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

OX0fyoN.jpg

*Lineups unconfirmed.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
How bad is that Vancouver defense, oh man. Still they did shutout the Ducks in their last game.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Call up Greer and Agozzino and play Grubauer (except if you were absolutely willing to trade him in the summer - which I would like because I personally have zero faith in him). Stop going backwards, stop chasing some virtual identity and accept what the team is and can/should be for the remainder of the season.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
From a Swedish perspective it will be "interesting" watching Elias Pettersson but hopefully the Avs win this game, another very important game. I will try watching the last two periods even though I may look like a zombie tomorrow at work. ;-)

Elias is one of the biggest talents ever from Sweden, no question at all about that, now we will have to see how he developes. For a guy like Elias offseason is extremely important because I feel he is lacking some physical strength/size, this is the way he is built though, actually reminding me a bit about the twins skillwise and poise but even better. My impression so far is that Elias may have a more powerful drive winning, he is a guy really hating loosing and it helps, not like Forsberg but better than most.

It's also interesting with Canucks recently trading talent Jonathan Dahlén (son of Ulf Dahlén). I was very, very surprised but it looks like Jonathan was asking for a trade through his agent, hating the life in AHL like some Swedes do. ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sudden Nordique

mapletreemarty

Jan 26, 2017
Thunder Bay
Can't we just use 3 lines? That 4th line...

I was going to post the exact same thing... those f***ers only play 6-8 minutes a night and they still find ways to mess up the flow of the game, or the one guy who's in there because of his PK prowess will end up taking a stupid penalty or two in the offensive zone :help:

Reactions: Avs

TheDangerBowen

Highway to
Jul 4, 2011
CO
I mean the Avs should win, but they are playing against the greatest hockey player to walk the earth, just hope he doesnt ever get out here against the Avs 4th line yikes.

Reactions: Avsboy

Over the Pants Landy

Feb 19, 2013
CT
Was there actual reasoning to send down Greer and Agozzino? I feel like I saw something about AHL playoffs? Didn't look into it too much.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
But do they have to stay and play? :sarcasm:

That Vancouver lineup is less than inspiring, but no doubt they make the Avs look like fools tonight.

The Avs are only allowed 4 non-emergency call ups before the AHL season ends... they have to be careful with them.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Interesting that we are +9 in goal differential. Everyone around us except Dallas(-8) is in the double digit minuses.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Interesting that we are +9 in goal differential. Everyone around us except Dallas(-8) is in the double digit minuses.

That recent outscoring 20-4 stretch and the 43 OT games in a row before that played a huge part in that

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The Avs are only allowed 4 non-emergency call ups before the AHL season ends... they have to be careful with them.
Makes sense but I don't like it. Joe could've gone out and got some 4th line help deadline day. Chiasson could have been had for the same price we got Brassard most likely. Now we have to watch Bork do nothing out there.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Makes sense but I don't like it. Joe could've gone out and got some 4th line help deadline day. Chiasson could have been had for the same price we got Brassard most likely. Now we have to watch Bork do nothing out there.
Indirectly he did by getting Brass which pushes a player down one line and one of the weak guys out of the line up. Unfortunately Nieto happened but Wilson coming back should help with that.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver

Are we really going to risk not making the NHL playoffs by playing Bourque/Dries over Greer, just so the Eagles can possibly make the AHL playoffs? I'm not saying Greer is great, but the team starting playing better as soon as he got in the lineup. I understand there were a lot of factors that led to them playing better (goaltending), but it seems like he's worth using one of those 4 call-ups to me. There are only 5 weeks left in the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->