GDT: Game 64: Avs vs Canucks | 7:30 PM MT | February 27, 2019

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
Not sure why there are so many complaints about the lines meshing, etc. We generated 45 shots on goal tonight and hit a few posts...AND we won. I thought all 4 lines played well tonight tbh. We aren't going to score 4-7 goals every night.

I cannot wait to get Cole back. Nemeth has had a few bad games in a row now, and while Graves can dazzle with a great play here and there, he will also ice the puck or turn it over here and there. Need more consistency out of him if he's going to be a regular NHLer.

Overall, good game. Would have been much more lopsided if we didn't run into a hot goalie. These are the games we were losing 2-1, and now we are finding ways to win. Keep er goin.

Reactions: MacBradley

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Not sure why there are so many complaints about the lines meshing, etc. We generated 45 shots on goal tonight and hit a few posts...AND we won. I thought all 4 lines played well tonight tbh. We aren't going to score 4-7 goals every night.

I cannot wait to get Cole back. Nemeth has had a few bad games in a row now, and while Graves can dazzle with a great play here and there, he will also ice the puck or turn it over here and there. Need more consistency out of him if he's going to be a regular NHLer.

Overall, good game. Would have been much more lopsided if we didn't run into a hot goalie. These are the games we were losing 2-1, and now we are finding ways to win. Keep er goin.
Because this team squanders early scoring chances, and then tends to let teams back into the game, and lose.

This team sqaundered points in 20 games this year, and now we're fighting for a playoff spot, while we should be a top 3 team in the division.

It's unbelievably annoying, and frustrating.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The only players that pissed me off tonight were Wilson, Barrie and MARKSTROM. Wilson, honestly how the f*** do you hit the post there. Barrie seems to have lost a step or athleticism or something not sure why he looks so damn stiff. Markstrom just an asshole for being so damn good against us always.

I know Soda gets the glory tonight but that save Varly made on Horvat to save the game was amazing. Nemeth screened him perfectly on the leivo goal. Mack and Mikko were amazing tonight.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The only players that pissed me off tonight were Wilson, Barrie and MARKSTROM. Wilson, honestly how the f*** do you hit the post there. Barrie seems to have lost a step or athleticism or something not sure why he looks so damn stiff. Markstrom just an asshole for being so damn good against us always.

I know Soda gets the glory tonight but that save Varly made on Horvat to save the game was amazing. Nemeth screened him perfectly on the leivo goal. Mack and Mikko were amazing tonight.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
The only players that pissed me off tonight were Wilson, Barrie and MARKSTROM. Wilson, honestly how the **** do you hit the post there. Barrie seems to have lost a step or athleticism or something not sure why he looks so damn stiff. Markstrom just an ******* for being so damn good against us always.

Problem with Barrie isn't that he has lost a step, it's just an effort issue. If it isn't easy Barrie wants no part of it. He just wants to coast around pick up some cheap points here and there. If it involves any work on his part he just kind of shies away and coasts, which usually costs us.

It's not very surprising that coach has no faith in him in OT. And if Girard could shoot at all, he'd would have taken his spot on PP1. Can't wait for Makar. It will be nice to have an actual PP QB. Not a coaster content to just drill shin pads from a mile out.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Problem with Barrie isn't that he has lost a step, it's just an effort issue. If it isn't easy Barrie wants no part of it. He just wants to coast around pick up some cheap points here and there. If it involves any work on his part he just kind of shies away and coasts, which usually costs us.

It's not very surprising that coach has no faith in him in OT. And if Girard could shoot at all, he'd would have taken his spot on PP1. Can't wait for Makar. It will be nice to have an actual PP QB. Not a coaster content to just drill shin pads from a mile out.
Haha I did notice that Barrie didnt see the ice in OT at all. It was EJ and Girard. Dont really blame Jared to be honest.

Reactions: CobraAcesS and Avs

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019

He's just a fat guy trying to make a living, leave my mans alone.

Reactions: Steerpike

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Great game overall especially by the two goalies. If not for Markstrom it could have been 10-2. Great effort. Sometimes they just don't want to go in.

I really really like this Varly.

Reactions: MacBradley and Avs

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Been sitting in the Steak n Shake drive through for over 10 minutes. Plenty of time to reflect over this win.

So happy we won after regulation. That is all.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Holy hell Nemeth did all he could to lose us this game. That was a brutal showing from him and shame on Bednar to keep playing his ass, the puck was a literal grenade. Barrie was caught again camping in no man's land the entire game. Girard was amazing, probably our best defender and MacKinnon was flying.

I really HATE this constant roulette wheel lines changing every other shift, just stick to some combos for godsakes.

Not really happy about tonight, we blew the lead and blew another potentially important ROW. Avs played insane, it could've been 4-0 after the first period if it wasn't for Markstrom, but it's another game where Avs clutch ability didn't show up either. I'll take the two points though and move on because we now we're facing the Sharks next I believe and that's going to be a tough game.

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
I thought Z played well tonight, and the staff must have liked it too, because he led them in even strength TOI. He was involved offensively and moving his feet. They'll cut his ice if they don't like how he's playing, which they did last game. He definitely got away with that boarding call though. Graves will almost certainly come out of the lineup if/when Cole comes back, just look at the TOI. He basically disappeared in the third period. I'm not sure Cole is all that close, even if he is skating.

EJ has gone back to looking slow after having a burst in January. He's been awesome on the PK though.

The only reason that game didn't end in regulation was Markstrom. Shouldn't have made it that far.
Definitely shouldn’t be Graves. Definitely take Nemeth trash ass out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad