GDT: Game 64: Avs vs Canucks | 7:30 PM MT | February 27, 2019

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
We won in OT/SO... I repeat, WE WON in OT/SO..... I didn´t think to experience that again. :D

Although this game should´ve never went into OT....

Oh, and I hope Barrie pays homage to his captain for saving his ass before the PP-Goal from Rants....

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Just got to watch the highlights, Markstrom was off the charts, should easily have been a regulation win with all those missed finishes. But hey, two points however you can get them this time of year.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
This is a game you win 7-1 if the other goalie has just an average night. Great effort, just pummeled them, should've been 3-4 goals up after the first. It might be just me, but Jost seems a bit quicker. Nate looking like vintage Ovi/Stamkos from that left-hand side wall. He scored his last 4 goals the same way if I remember correctly.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Loved the first two periods, hated much of the third, left satisfied with the result. With Wilson replacing Bourque in the lineup playing our fourth line didn't automatically lead to a complete loss of momentum. I personally would like to see Greer again but I can live with the current lineup. Third period was ridiculous. Just begging to get scored on.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Can someone present me with the gif of MacKinnon's reaction to Pearson please I don't want to have to go looking

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Yeah Calvert looks like a pretty cool locker room guy. The real gem on this gif is Kerfoot though.
Looks like the annoying little brother.

Defence ice time before OT:
EJ 23:32
Z 22:14
Nemeth 21:39
Girard 20:35
Barrie 18:10
Graves 12:14

Pretty obvious who is coming out of the lineup once Cole is healthy.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Toronto is flipping through the rulebook desperately looking for a rule to site to make this a goal.

Sure as hell seems like they tried, huh?

I thought Z played well tonight, and the staff must have liked it too, because he led them in even strength TOI. He was involved offensively and moving his feet. They'll cut his ice if they don't like how he's playing, which they did last game. He definitely got away with that boarding call though. Graves will almost certainly come out of the lineup if/when Cole comes back, just look at the TOI. He basically disappeared in the third period. I'm not sure Cole is all that close, even if he is skating.

EJ has gone back to looking slow after having a burst in January. He's been awesome on the PK though.

The only reason that game didn't end in regulation was Markstrom. Shouldn't have made it that far.

I agree...I'm not sure what other people are watching to make them think he had a bad game, I loved the way he moved the puck and he was playing with confidence and it showed. Sure he took some penalties but that's going to happen the way he plays. A lot of the canucks tonight looked like George-Michael Bluth trying to catch something the way they kept turning into the boards as they were about to get hit. I think the refs got tired of it and just stopped calling it after awhile. Gotta be aware out there.

People are quick to forget that Cole was a complete trainwreck from mid-december until his injury (it was certainly a beauchemin-like stretch). If the Avs coaching staff just decide to sub-him in for Zadorov when he's back healthy, they are doing it wrong.

I'm not really sold on Graves yet. I mean, he's come up and filled in admirably for a call-up but I'm not ready to pencil him in as a regular just yet.

?

I think Nemeth has been fine. He’s been important to the PK turning it around. I’m not sure it’s a coincidence that the PK has improved without Cole. I think he’s pretty overrated as a PK guy and was letting a lot of seam passes through.

Absolutely agree again. Nemeth has his faults but for the most part the 'hate' on here is overblown and unwarranted. He's a bottom pairing d-man that plays a safe game while limiting his mistakes and he playing within his means. I like the amount of ice-time they've given him this year, it's right where it should be and where he's most effective.

Reactions: 21

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia

This team at the very least seems to have a good culture. They all genuinely seem to work on weaknesses and support each other. That will go a long ways if the core keeps pushing. Hopefully they can keep this going and our next wave will have strong leaders to model themselves after.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
6-1-1 in our last 8 games.
6-2-2 in our last 10 games.
6-2-4 in our last 12 games.

Keep it up guys.

Getting hot at the right time...

I was saying earlier that we started the season hot, the league adjusted, now it looks like we’ve adjusted back. If we had competent goal tending all year and could win a freakin’ OT game we’d probably be right in the thick of it.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'm waiting for @Pierce Hawthorne to like your post. ;-)

He's not wrong with the PK stuff. Nemeth definitely helps improve the PK but unfortunately that's where the conversation stops for Nemeth being a positive influence.

A Nemeth/Cole 3rd pairing that gets 10 minutes of 5 on 5 ice time might not be the worst thing ever but Nemeth is getting over used a bunch.

Reactions: 21

mapletreemarty

Jan 26, 2017
Thunder Bay
Hey remember when you were 13 and it was cool to tape your entire stick? Kerfoot never got the message that became uncool about three years later.

It's not like it's helping him finish scoring chances and put the puck in the back of the net... might as well change it up there Harvard.

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
Was anyone watching the Canucks broadcast last night? Seemed like their PBP guy was making up things. He mentioned that "word is Rantanen is going to have a long holdout like William Nylander". Not sure how he or anyone else can be saying something like that at this point.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Was a little weird when Moser was saying "talk to me Pete... talk to me Pete!!!" When Soderberg was about to go in the shootout.

Talk to me guys and gals. Talk to me.

Reactions: RareDangles

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
was a great game to see in person. The first period was just tremendous hockey by the Avs. I'm not in the crap on Kerfoot camp but holy hell the play died every time the puck went on his stick.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Was anyone watching the Canucks broadcast last night? Seemed like their PBP guy was making up things. He mentioned that "word is Rantanen is going to have a long holdout like William Nylander". Not sure how he or anyone else can be saying something like that at this point.

Yes, John Garrett is a complete idiot.

Went on for about 3 minutes how word is Rantanen will be a long one, well into next season, etc. What a complete clown.

For the better part of 20 years, he has made up crap about the Avs and just attacked us at every chance. Bitter, washed up, old 'tender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad