Post-Game Talk: GAME 64 - 50 WINS AND COUNTING - BRUINS 3 Detroit 2

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Going through old pics in my iCloud account. Anyone wanna feel emotional??

IMG_7140.jpg

Secord

Mar 23, 2013
Happy for Hathaway to get that goal. Playoff type of grinder goal when your in a tough battle and the top lines are held in check and bottom six come through. Greer has been stepping it up in the last couple.

BourqueFromORRk4277

formerly POPNDOUGH
Mar 25, 2010
Somerville MA
So far in the battle to see what defenseman has to sit when the playoffs start I think Gryz is in the lead. He looks really jittery out there and is making easy for Monty, that is as of today, a lot can change from now until the end of the season.

It will be criminal if Ullmark dosen't make the final 3 nominees for MVP, he has been that good. Orlov continues to be a rock on the B's D. A PP goal, cause for a celebration.
After the first period, when the whole team stunk, the Gryz-Mac pairing was the best, and the Orlov-Clifton was the worst.

Orlov-Clifton stole a + from Gryz-Mac when they stepped on the ice in time for Hathaway's goal after Gryz-Mac defended, and sent that line on a rush up the ice.

To me, the obvious pairings for the playoffs are:

Gryz-Mac
Lindholm- Cliffy
Orlov- Carlo

Reactions: BMC

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
They got a win cause Detroit isn't very good, but that first period was terrible. If they played like that against a team like Carolina they'd have been buried and blown out. Going to have to find a way to keep up momentum down this meaningless home stretch. Don't want to be one of those first overall teams that coasts in and starts the playoffs flat. Historically, some of them have been the big first round upset exits.

4th line was the best line today. Hathaway finally bringing it, and Greer was very good. Ultimately though, Ullmark saved the win.

Got to be better come playoff time, but I suspect they will be.

Shit happens. I’m way more interested in how they responded after that rough start. Rough starts will happen in the playoffs too. As long as we respond like we did in the 2nd, I’m good

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad