PLAY BY PLAY

FACEOFF SUMMARY

FACEOFF COMPARISON

TOI - BRUINS

TOI - RED WINGS

Last edited:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Solid win where talent/depth overcame a desperate hungry opponent. Will get Detroit's best shot again tomorrow.

All 3 new additions played great. Awesome to see Hathaway get the GWG in true Hathaway fashion near the crease. Orlov played well. Bertuzzi such a good playmaker and passer. People who think Bertuzzi is primarily a crap starter couldn't be more wrong. He has a lot of skill. Players on his line best be ready to be set up for a scoring chance.

4th line were the heroes of this game other than Ullmark being Ullmark. Greer and Hathaway gave the Wings fits from the get-go. That line seems built for the playoffs. Not sure what Monty is going to do once everyone is healthy. Greer making a case to stay in the lineup.

Good recovery after a dismal first pd. Team keeps piling up the points and making history. Keep it rolling!

PastaBaked

May 8, 2021
Important win today!

An effective 4th line that can hit AND score is a huge bonus in the post-season and really takes the pressure off the other guys.

Marchy is out of form at the moment - over-skating and turnover city, but I back this Bruins legend to turn it around when the big games start.

Greer was playing like a man possessed today - big energy.

Loved seeing Carlo playing with a bit of nasty, Orlov smashing guys behinf the net when the Red Wings tried to ramp up the physicality late in the game.

Let's do it again tomorrow, shall we?

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Bert look good playing with Krejci and Pasta. Krejci had an off night (day) but that line is going to be hell for opposing teams. Bruins really will have two number one lines. What a night-mare match-up for opposing teams then u add in are third and 4th lines, with good health, I don't think there's no one who can slow this team down over a 7 game series. That's not even touching their defense and Linus.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
They got a win cause Detroit isn't very good, but that first period was terrible. If they played like that against a team like Carolina they'd have been buried and blown out. Going to have to find a way to keep up momentum down this meaningless home stretch. Don't want to be one of those first overall teams that coasts in and starts the playoffs flat. Historically, some of them have been the big first round upset exits.

4th line was the best line today. Hathaway finally bringing it, and Greer was very good. Ultimately though, Ullmark saved the win.

Got to be better come playoff time, but I suspect they will be.

aguineapig

1678568214393.png

I'll have won 50! Ullmark 5 million for a Vezina, Jennings and we'll see about a Conn Smythe, I call that a bargain, the best I ever had. Lindy gets a screen, gets it on net, goes into the net. Garnet goes to the net, Greer gets it on net, It's in the back of the net. Keep it simple. It works if you work it.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
…And the Boston Bruins have emerged victorious once again.

1678568346244.jpeg

Take a bow, Mr. Ullmark. Take a bow, Mr. Hathaway. At least two highlight reel saves from Ullmark kept this within reach, and a tremendous heads-up tip-in from Hathaway to give the Bruins the win in regulation. I’m very confident they would have won in OT, but why drag it out?

Great teams overcome their mistakes, and the Bruins did that. The Wings were aggressive all day and didn’t let up for a second. When the Bruins finally woke up, they were able to apply their own pressure and crushed it in the second. They were just good enough in the third. Except for Ullmark who was spectacular.

I’d love to know what Montgomery and/or Bergeron said between the first and second period.

1678568799550.jpeg

EDIT: Forgot to give props to the fourth line. Best line all day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad