Post-Game Talk: GAME 63 - THE BEAR is dancin' and prancin' in Maple Leaf Square - BRUINS 4 Hogtown 1

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Well that was a welcome return to Bruins hockey. Everything was down low and boxed out and forced to the outside. Winning puck battles, sticks on sticks, it was our game not their game. Matthews and that crew do not like to play this way and thus we dominated.

Quite a different team tonight than in in the Islanders game. I'm back to my old theory that this team has a hard time getting up for regular season games after last year's win every game thing and they are already just thinking ahead to playoffs so many nights they just aren't up for it. Tonight, knowing they might face these guys, they were motivated. Otherwise, it's a mystery.

Just once in my lifetime though I'd like to see a game in Toronto where they get more penalties than we do. A dream that'll never happen, I know.

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
They're 3-0 against the Leafs this year and I'm guessing they'll bring it against the Oilers. Those teams have speed and skill in spades but what neither has is a heavy forecheck. And that's what is this teams Kryptonite. Need to get some nasty if we are to go deep in the playoffs. But we can beat the Leafs, lets do it again Thursday and again come April. Their D is the usual suspect and Glenn Hall ain't in goal. Shattenkirk is old enough to collect Social Security and moves like he has molasses in his skates but I'd take him eight days a week over Timothy Fly by Liljegren. Good night Leaf land,

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I had more fun being able to enjoy the Leafs throwing up on themselves at home, than I did watching the Bruins win. Just realized I can’t see the Toronto forum while logged in. Gonna have to enjoy their tears in public mode

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Here's another thing:

The Bruins can play better than tonight. That wasn't their best game, not even close.

Lots of mistakes they can improve on. Lots of shots they passed up. They can still be more physical in the crease. They have at least one more gear.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Last edited:

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Here's another thing:

The Bruins can play better than tonight. That wasn't their best game, not even close.

Lots of mistakes they can improve on. Lots of shots they passed up. They can still be more physical in the crease. They have at least one more gear.

Agree - but they’re severely shaken and consistency of at least what we just saw has to be immediate focus

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Jim's issue is he didn't have a passion to play. Sway might be one of the most passionate and competitive dudes I've ever seen in black and gold. Just day and night players.

PAY SWAY TODAY

No one, I don’t think - certainly not me - is suggesting he not be paid. But riding other posters for a logically defensible position is a bit much

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I had more fun being able to enjoy the Leafs throwing up on themselves at home, than I did watching the Bruins win. Just realized I can’t see the Toronto forum while logged in. Gonna have to enjoy their tears in public mode
Strange...

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

Oh, those lovable laughable Leafs. It really never gets old.

Poor Steve. He just introduced that poor little girl to the harsh realities of the Bruins-Maple Leafs rivalry. She might never forgive him. Then again, she might one day see the Leafs get to the Stanley Cup Final.

Congratulations on the beautiful baby, Steve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad