Post-Game Talk: GAME 63 - A rare third period meltdown - Oilers 3 BRUINS 2 F

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Swayman needed to be better. Griz and Bergy needed to be better. Hall and Foligno back in the lineup come playoff time would be huge. Every team is bringing their very best every night against the Bs. A rare loss is nothing to worry about. I hope Monty starts resting Marchy and Bergy some. They need it.
If that was Edmonton’s best that was nothing. Bruins looked like they were out for a pleasure skate (probably the 4+ days off) and still would have won had they shot the puck once in a while. Waste of two points they could have used for their cushion.

Anyway, Monty will have them back on track for the weekend. Big 4 points we’re going to need when we start resting guys more. Methinks Detroit is world of hurt this weekend.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Swayman needed to be better. Griz and Bergy needed to be better. Hall and Foligno back in the lineup come playoff time would be huge. Every team is bringing their very best every night against the Bs. A rare loss is nothing to worry about. I hope Monty starts resting Marchy and Bergy some. They need it.

I thought #37 played well the first 2 periods. He had jump and several decent looks. He really faded in the 3rd like he was gassed from the effort 1st 2 periods.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Gryz in playoff form already, Swayman weak on the goal that I saw and Coyle/Krejci passing up golden chances and passing the puck. I heard the first 2 periods on the radio, saw some of the third on links that some nice people helped me with. Apparently b2b's are tough for the team and they get worn out, which is expected but 4ish games off and they
mail it in.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I thought #37 played well the first 2 periods. He had jump and several decent looks. He really faded in the 3rd like he was gassed from the effort 1st 2 periods.
Agreed. That's why he needs to be sitting some. Need him to have fresh legs in the playoffs. Same with Marchy. Bs will win enough games to stay in first in the East even if Monty starts resting some of his stars a game here and there.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
If that was Edmonton’s best that was nothing. Bruins looked like they were out for a pleasure skate (probably the 4+ days off) and still would have won had they shot the puck once in a while. Waste of two points they could have used for their cushion.

Anyway, Monty will have them back on track for the weekend. Big 4 points we’re going to need when we start resting guys more. Methinks Detroit is world of hurt this weekend.
This is the correct tone and take for tonight’s sporting contest

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Edm are dangerous and Ekholm addition has settled Bouchard down.Hey they played well credit where due as much as it kills me.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I had the sportsnet feed .....and I wanted to throw myself out the window. I'll never complain about Jack or Brick again.

Couldn't do any Dracarys so I figured a loss was coming. Too many missed opportunities. To many dipsy do's. Not enough shooting. Sort of a lazy skate by some. Edmonton wanted it more, imo.

Disappointing to say the least.
Disappointing to say the most, too.

Reactions: Mione134

Been around

Jul 16, 2022
Hey guys what was Coyle doing not shooting from where he was in front of the net? Shit I see that enough from my jets team..didnt expect that from a bruin

And for the record, I like your team..I dont mean any disrespect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad