Post-Game Talk: Game 62 - THE BEAR dances on 'The Red Mile' - BRUINS 4 Flames 3 F

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Did the 3rd period GDT thread have to be locked at 10 pages?? ..asking for a friend

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
And folks were calling for Halak to be pulled LOLZ

I avoided the room knowing full well it was going be stuffed with horribly wrong statements. None were his fault.
First goal was 3 Calgary forwards basically in the slot and 2 dee by themselves, our forwards were out too lunch on that one.

Second one was another one dee back for some reason and that dee Chara played the 2 on 1 badly. You teach kids to let the goalie have the shooter and the lone dee take away the pass or its an easy one timer goal.

The third lol, Krech put it in his own net.

Last edited:
Reactions: LouisSleigher

PepeBostones

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2002
Charlie Coyle outstanding again. Is it just me or is he getting even better.
I thought Karson Kuhlman was very good too.
McAvoy always among the very best.

Rough night for Jeremy Lauzon. Not that he played badly but certainly wasn't his night. Matt Tkachuk cheated and got a stranglehold on Lauzon before he could get back a little. This is the NHL and you got to be ready for anything. The Tkachuk brothers are like their father.

But this will only do good for Lauzon and now he's one of the boys in the gang. He earned very high marks for the penalty kill and blocking shots.
Had a hard time getting back to bench after blocking that shot. But, Lauzon is a tough kid and he came back and played like nothing happened. Bruins need quality guys like him. I expect him to play his best game tomorrow.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Late one, but not a bad effort after that wobbly start. I started wondering if this was going to be one of those wipeouts that sometimes happen to end a win streak, but no, no panic, no sulking, just good hockey. I loved Looch when he was here, but that guy is pretty much mailing it in these days. He had one or two nice plays, but overall, he's a shell of what he once was. Kind of sad to see. But on to the next W against the stupid Canuckleheads.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
First of all... how is it that Bergeron is the only Bruin among the three stars? Halak made some huge saves that kept that win on life-support in the third period.

Secondly... Jeremy Lauzon is a beast. Fighting Matt Tkachuck is no small thing! Add to that the blocked shot in the third period, and I think Lauzon’s proven he’s got some huevos!

I only saw the final 40, but I liked what I saw!

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Kuhlman’s effectiveness is night and day when dropped from the top 6 down to a role on a proper line. Might stand out even more being paired with Kuraly and Blidh, replacing Wagner on the 4th.

That 2nd line cannot continue to exist as such. This game could have gone on for eternity and they were never ever going to score. Heinen was more or less useless, while DeBrusk’s performance was certainly terrible in its own right.

Lauzon’s presence is starting to make Grzelcyk feel brave out there. Wrecked Reider with a *clean* open ice hit, and knocked Lucic on his ass not once but twice.

Heinen has too many games where he just seems to go thru the motions

The kid has talent, but just doesn't show much heart and desire lately

I don't see too many teams having much interest in Heinen the way he's been playing

..but Lauzon is a keeper ..love the kid

Last edited:

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I know they played, but I didn't notice Monahan and Lindholm at all, which is funny because I noticed Gaudreau a bunch.

3rd line was dominant tonight, and they usually win games when that's the case.

Reactions: TwineTickler

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
They stuck with it.Bergeron is the man.Lauzon has guts and Coyle and McAvoy were unreal.Bjork scares me having to depend on him in playoffs but talent is there.DeBrusk was ok but seems like he holds back.Krug and Carlo stunk early but sure came on strong later.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
The Tkachuk brothers are like their father.

I am going to take a different view. At least with Matthew. He plays nothing like his Dad.

Keith was tough and when fighting would try to knock the opponent senseless.

Matthew consistently tries to get the few jersey jabs in then either bails or tied up and looks for the refs to jump in.

Very different approach. Matthew Tkachuk is a punk.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I am going to take a different view. At least with Matthew. He plays nothing like his Dad.

Keith was tough and when fighting would try to knock the opponent senseless.

Matthew consistently tries to get the few jersey jabs in then either bails or tied up and looks for the refs to jump in.

Very different approach. Matthew Tkachuk is a punk.

He is a good player.He does a ton of the dirty work.He took on Kassian.The fight tonite was cause Lauzon jammed his stick across Magniapane's shoulders before puck was dropped.He took that fight on .

Reactions: lopey

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
He is a good player.He does a ton of the dirty work.He took on Kassian.The fight tonite was cause Lauzon jammed his stick across Magniapane's shoulders before puck was dropped.He took that fight on .

He’s a skilled player. Yes.

But took on Kassian? He was ridiculed by players across the league for not stepping up earlier to fight him. He responded by accepting a fight next time they played. Watch that fight. He rushes in and then holds on and goes down.

In the fight with Lauzon he’s no hero either. There nothing to fight over. He grabs on and jersey jabs with no intention of going toe to toe.

Don’t paint him as a tough guy. He isn’t. He’s a faux tough guy and he’s got you fooled.

Reactions: Beantown Beatdown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad