Post-Game Talk: Game 62 - THE BEAR dances on 'The Red Mile' - BRUINS 4 Flames 3 F

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
There was also a nerd in our section wearing a Leafs jersey, holding a sign saying “we’re going to crush the Bruins” - Talk about a team being in someone’s head.

Imagine buying a ticket at NHL prices to see two teams you don't even like just to hold up a stupid sign that probably won't even make it on TV. Some people's kids :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: sarge88 and BMC

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Imagine buying a ticket at NHL prices to see two teams you don't even like just to hold up a stupid sign that probably won't even make it on TV. Some people's kids :laugh::laugh:
Man, that’s what I said. Everyone was giving him the gears too (playfully) He left at the 10 minute mark of the third. We paid like $150 for the tickets. I couldn’t imagine ever going to a game in another jersey, to me that’s just kind of weird.

Reactions: BMC and Dr Hook

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
More like a Claude Lemieux (for us oldtimers) in my books

yup. That’s where I am at on this kid. I can acknowledge the talent but can’t appreciate the way he plays.

He’s Better than his brother right now, but his brother doesn’t seem to be as big of a d*ck.

Reactions: BMC

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Bruins have won their last 7 games that they haven't received a PP opportunity in (playoffs included). This was only the 3rd regular season game that it happened in since 2016/17 though.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
yup. That’s where I am at on this kid. I can acknowledge the talent but can’t appreciate the way he plays.

He’s Better than his brother right now, but his brother doesn’t seem to be as big of a d*ck.

His brother will be the better player down the road. Even today, I take Brady.

Oh, and the Leafs ain't crushing anything. Well, maybe some golf balls.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orr Fourever

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
What a day. :scared::scared::scared:

That first period was :banana:

But!! I loved how they stayed calm and got right back into it. They need that mindset for the playoffs. I mean, yes, this was Calgary, but they could have just folded and they didn't.

Bergeron was all business, as usual, but I love this reaction after his second goal. Ho hum, on to the next one, got a job to do.

Now if you will excuse me, I must....

*run around the forum high fiving everyone and mix up another batch of special cookies for tomorrow night* :eek2:

View attachment 324795

Back to back late nights for Danton. Hope the little guy is up for it :heart:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
As a Flames fan I just want to say I didn't think the Grezelcyk call was a penalty either.

Both teams were really disciplined and it led to a fun game to watch even when the checking got tight. I wish Bennett was our 1C instead of our 3C with no PP, maybe we could have dragged it to overtime but eh.

I love your name :heart:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Bruins have won their last 7 games that they haven't received a PP opportunity in (playoffs included). This was only the 3rd regular season game that it happened in since 2016/17 though.

How far back does that go?

If you told me that any team wouldn’t get a PP in 7 games in a decade, I’d call BS.

But my guess is it’s a lot shorter than that for the B’s.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
How far back does that go?

If you told me that any team wouldn’t get a PP in 7 games in a decade, I’d call BS.

But my guess is it’s a lot shorter than that for the B’s.
The wins go back to 2016. It's happened twice under Cassidy in the regular season and twice in the playoffs. It happened under Clode quite a bit haha. Here's every regular season game since 2005/06 where it happened (25 times):

NHL.com Stats

5 times in the playoffs in the post-lockout era (twice for Cassidy, 3 times for Clode):

NHL.com Stats

Reactions: sarge88

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta

I like both. The hits Tkachuk hit Kassiam with her solid but clean. Kassiam has a temper though and did not keep it in check.

Lauzon was a better choice to fight rather than Chara.
not taking anything away from Lauzon who's an excellent fighter, he was just taken by surprise. Lauzon has his # and their playing again soon.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I like both. The hits Tkachuk hit Kassiam with her solid but clean. Kassiam has a temper though and did not keep it in check.

Lauzon was a better choice to fight rather than Chara.
not taking anything away from Lauzon who's an excellent fighter, he was just taken by surprise. Lauzon has his # and their playing again soon.

Will be interesting to see if they go again. Players around the league have to k ow now that Tkachuk will go for the quick jump and jersey jabs. He doesn’t like to engage slowly, usually rushes at a player and when he’s in a position where he might catch a right he goes for the tie up or “slips” down.

Annoyingly successful at not taking a beating.

Reactions: nORRis8

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Will be interesting to see if they go again. Players around the league have to k ow now that Tkachuk will go for the quick jump and jersey jabs. He doesn’t like to engage slowly, usually rushes at a player and when he’s in a position where he might catch a right he goes for the tie up or “slips” down.

Annoyingly successful at not taking a beating.

A good beating always sets a guy straight. Papa Z can administer one rather quickly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad