Post-Game Talk: Game 62 - THE BEAR dances on 'The Red Mile' - BRUINS 4 Flames 3 F

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
:huh::huh::huh:

upload_2020-2-21_23-33-12.png

upload_2020-2-21_23-33-39.png

upload_2020-2-21_23-34-7.png

upload_2020-2-21_23-34-37.png

10102014_Froggy_Free_Beer.jpg

:flames:bruins

Game Summary

Event Summary

Play by Play

Faceoff Summary

Faceoff Comparison

TOI Bruins

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
From Thread One Aussie Bruin with the psychic post.

Aussie Bruin:

"Crazy period. Often games that start hot like this end up only having another goal or two scored in the remaining 40 mins as both teams buckle down, so I think the next one is going to be really significant in deciding the likely winner. Bruins need to be the ones that go out and get it."

cat400

Jul 30, 2005

Aussie Bruin:

"Crazy period. Often games that start hot like this end up only having another goal or two scored in the remaining 40 mins as both teams buckle down, so I think the next one is going to be really significant in deciding the likely winner. Bruins need to be the ones that go out and get it."

Reactions: bbfan419

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Aussie Bruin:

Thanks! I write some howlers too, so it's nice to be right every now and then!

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
The Bergeron line barely played tonight, 15 mins for Bergy, 16 for Pasta and Marchand had a bit more at 18.

Cassidy keeps them fresh and clearly doesn't care about chasing individual awards, it's all about the logo on the front of the jersey.

Great win tonight, these guys just keep on trucking, gotta keep Tampa in the rear-view. Coyle was dominant.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
What a day. :scared::scared::scared:

That first period was :banana:

But!! I loved how they stayed calm and got right back into it. They need that mindset for the playoffs. I mean, yes, this was Calgary, but they could have just folded and they didn't.

Bergeron was all business, as usual, but I love this reaction after his second goal. Ho hum, on to the next one, got a job to do.

Now if you will excuse me, I must....

*run around the forum high fiving everyone and mix up another batch of special cookies for tomorrow night* :eek2:

20200201_151123.gif

Carlon Brando

May 22, 2014
Boston
Kuhlman’s effectiveness is night and day when dropped from the top 6 down to a role on a proper line. Might stand out even more being paired with Kuraly and Blidh, replacing Wagner on the 4th.

That 2nd line cannot continue to exist as such. This game could have gone on for eternity and they were never ever going to score. Heinen was more or less useless, while DeBrusk’s performance was certainly terrible in its own right.

Lauzon’s presence is starting to make Grzelcyk feel brave out there. Wrecked Reider with a *clean* open ice hit, and knocked Lucic on his ass not once but twice.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The Bergeron line barely played tonight, 15 mins for Bergy, 16 for Pasta and Marchand had a bit more at 18.

Cassidy keeps them fresh and clearly doesn't care about chasing individual awards, it's all about the logo on the front of the jersey.

Great win tonight, these guys just keep on trucking, gotta keep Tampa in the rear-view. Coyle was dominant.

Smart coaching. Top line did what they needed to, let the 3rd and 4th line motors do the hard yards with the game reasonably well in hand. Continuing to manage Bergy particularly is going to be important, as unless he's been incredibly lucky his groin issue is unlikely to have disappeared completely. Want to see him hit the postseason as close to 100% fit as possible, not banged up like last season. Same goes for his linemates.

If we do manage to beat Tampa to the top spot that's all well and good, but I don't want to see the Bruins chasing that goal with any urgency. I'd much prefer to see our guys kept as healthy and energized as possible for when the real action begins.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Like with Kassian, Tkachuk got his gloves off early and tried to jump Lauzon. Would have preferred they both drop the gloves and square off, but either way, Tkachuk did ok.

Good to see Lucic getting some important minutes.

Gudreau is having one of those seasons where he's getting chances, just not finding the back of the net. Kinda like Seguin.

Surprised at the lack of PP's, but then again I don't recall any blatant missed calls.

Reactions: ScrewNHLOfficiating

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Smart coaching. Top line did what they needed to, let the 3rd and 4th line motors do the hard yards with the game reasonably well in hand. Continuing to manage Bergy particularly is going to be important, as unless he's been incredibly lucky his groin issue is unlikely to have disappeared completely. Want to see him hit the postseason as close to 100% fit as possible, not banged up like last season. Same goes for his linemates.

If we do manage to beat Tampa to the top spot that's all well and good, but I don't want to see the Bruins chasing that goal with any urgency. I'd much prefer to see our guys kept as healthy and energized as possible for when the real action begins.
Yeah, I don't think anyone on this team is worried about their personal stats. It's great that Cassidy is able to manage minutes, especially in a game like tonight where it seemed like they might not be able to do that.

Top line didn't need much time to do their damage anyway. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->