Post-Game Talk: GAME 62 - Our #88 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than their #88 - BRUINS 4 NYR 2

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
The Rangers definitely can’t afford to lose guys off their defense during the playoffs as they have now due to injury and suspension.

The coverage in their own zone was very noticeably inferior to the Bruins’ at least from my perspective in section 310.

Bruins whiffed on/missed a lot of grade A scoring chances where they got the Rangers to open up huge gaps in the center of the ice. Not sure the Bruins ever led on the shot clock, but pretty much from puck drop, I thought they were the better team.

On ice guy(Ferraro) nailed it: Bruins did not have a good game, but still won solidly.
Bad decisions and being out of sync left a lot of prime scoring chances empty and going the other way. Ullmark won that game for us......again.

But scoring depth is a slow death. Rangers were tired by the third and you saw it.

That is what makes this team different than any other Bruins team I've watched. They win games they have no business being in by 1) Getting the saves they need when they need it most, and 2) having enough scoring depth to comes at the opponent in endless waves until they finally break.

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I really hope so too. It’s pretty hard to criticize the decisions being made given this historical season…but I can’t figure out why Lauko wouldn’t t have been in today over Greer. Maybe because there’s so many new faces they’re sticking with Greer for now (I like Greer, but if it were my call I’d be rotating him and Lauko).

I like this train of thought. The idea of maybe not changing up the lineup too much all at once. But its clear that Lauko brings more than Greer and I hope Lauko is in on Thursday.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
I got that Hulu/ESPN package. Are the Nucks/Leafs not available or am I dumb? I thought maybe canada but I got the Oilers/Jets right now.
I have that too. It’s probably on NHL Network. I don’t get those games

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Didn't notice it earlier, but Greer had less then 4 minutes of ice time. Part of that was due to lots of specials teams play, and part of it was Monty trying Bertuzzi on the 4th line for just over 2 minutes, but still 3ish minutes of ice time is shocking. Thought Greer had been good recently but he must've done something Monty didn't like. I'm guessing we see Lauko next game.

Reactions: Gordoff

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Lindholm, Carlo, Clifton and Forbort were caved in 5on5 today. Every one of the allowed more shots than they generated and were outshot a combined 13-33.
Forbort always gets caved 5v5, that's his whole shtick. In the season as a whole, the bruins have been outshot with him on the ice. But yeah the rest had kinda an off night, I think Monty was doing some experimenting with the way he delpoyed the lines and pairings, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Rangers had the obvious excuse of being 2 players short. Self-inflicted but valid and on that basis I doubt they'll lose any sleep over this loss.

That's immaterial to the Bruins though. They took care of business facing the opponent as presented and put together another solid win against a fellow contender.

Good time for a short break. Chance to properly get the newbies integrated into the team and their new home digs, rest up a bit, and look to start the next stretch strong. Onwards we go.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Was this a Rangers broadcast
Watching the ESPN replay
I thought Messier, and Chelios were more fair than usual. Subban is interested mainly in talking about himself. "Ranger Ray" Ferraro, however, was in fine form. Btw he made a couple of solid points, he just does not like the Bruins. It shows up in Canda and it shows here. Edit: I forgot we were the second to last stop for his son, Landon. ...

Last edited:

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
1677986207799.png

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
That pounding sound you hear folks, is the low and proud beat of the Gryzz Drum.
His absence was noticeable today. Our retrieval was not nearly as good as usual, and our transition, while decent, was not coming from the d but the forwards mostly. I am a Grz fan, but was on the fence. However, having seen this test case, I can tell you he is much, much more valuable to this team than he will get in trade.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad