Post-Game Talk: GAME 62 - B's lose to Blues in a shootout BUT bank 9 out of 10 points on trip

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
He literally made the Stanley cup while shutting down a team with arguably the two best offensive players in the league. He has one of the highest playoff sv% of all time

You just gotta let the stupid people be stupid I guess. There’s no helping them. His biggest crime is being European (to them). Tom Rask wouldn’t get these complaints imo

Tuukka was unbelievable today
i'm convinced the biggest sin Tuukka has committed is not being Tim Thomas, being a Euro is a solid #2 though, and i don't think the 2 are unrelated.

Reactions: Emerz and CDJ

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Team needs a guy who can make the second line more dangerous. Send as many of our B level prospects to Ottawa as they want. Not like we have any blue chip guys and the window is closing quickly for Bergeron, Marchand and Krejci. It hit Chara already.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
i'm convinced the biggest sin Tuukka has committed is not being Tim Thomas, being a Euro is a solid #2 though, and i don't think the 2 are unrelated.

Despite me defending him a few posts ago, I think the biggest sin Tuukka has committed is having a bad habit of letting in back-breaking, and often soft goals at the worst times. Sometimes even twice in under a minute in the Stanley Cup Finals, but many other times as well.

Hopefully he maintains his pace now. He is at the best he's ever been, IMO. But his early season performance was enfuriating.

Reactions: BMC

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Eek. Really not impressed with Coyle in his debut. I know it was his first game with the team and there was probably some hesitance and just playing it safe, but outside of literally one single moment in the game, the guy showed almost zero urgency in his game. Even his stick work. Lazy "phoned-in" passive style. Also looked lost for most of the game. Really hope that was just first game cobwebs. Shootout goal was nice, though.

4th line continues to be better than our 3rd...

EDIT: Just saw Coyle's post-game interview. Good stuff. He was very candid about the struggles with adjusting to the new system. Hoping that this was the case and he will get comfortable and be able to engage more on a play to play basis.

I don't agree with any of this. Not sure if you know Coyle's game and what he's going to bring or if your expectations are unreasonable. I thought he looked solid. He was strong along the wall, won a good bunch of 1 on 1s, was stellar on faceoffs and with him centering the "third" line they probably had more zone time and generated more chances than they have had with anyone else in that role.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Another good game to end the long and exhausting road trip. Loss but you can't win them all, Tuukka was obviously excellent.

I really like our 4th line, Kuraly, Wagner and whoever, they are making plays out there.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Despite me defending him a few posts ago, I think the biggest sin Tuukka has committed is having a bad habit of letting in back-breaking, and often soft goals at the worst times. Sometimes even twice in under a minute in the Stanley Cup Finals, but many other times as well.

Hopefully he maintains his pace now. He is at the best he's ever been, IMO. But his early season performance was enfuriating.

Not sure how many times this can be discussed, but if you have a problem with the two goals scored in the last minute of the Game 6 2013 SCF’s, you need to look squarely at the B’s D and F’s who sat there with their thumbs up their butts and let CHI players outmuscle them for the puck.

This is easily verifiable on YouTube.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Not sure how many times this can be discussed, but if you have a problem with the two goals scored in the last minute of the Game 6 2013 SCF’s, you need to look squarely at the B’s D and F’s who sat there with their thumbs up their butts and let CHI players outmuscle them for the puck.

This is easily verifiable on YouTube.

My issue with that horrible 17 seconds is Claude did not call a time out.

Chicago sensed a chance to win the Cup - they did not want a Game 7 even if it was at home. Would a time out have changed things? :dunno: but it couldn't made things worse.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
All in all I am so happy with the results of this road trip but I saw lots of sloppy play. Maybe once the B's get Pasta back and the new Charlie ( I thought he played well) gets used to his new team we will see a very exciting team going into the playoffs !

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Chicago sensed a chance to win the Cup - they did not want a Game 7 even if it was at home. Would a time out have changed things? :dunno: but it couldn't made things worse.

No argument on the TO, but the idea what Rask “let in” two back-breaking goals is ridiculous when you watch.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
All in all I am so happy with the results of this road trip but I saw lots of sloppy play. Maybe once the B's get Pasta back and the new Charlie ( I thought he played well) gets used to his new team we will see a very exciting team going into the playoffs !

The quality of the ice out west makes TD Garden look good and the problem is getting worse. One player told me the best ice the B's have seen in months was in South Bend :help:

The old Garden only had issues in the late spring when it got warmer and the building had no AC.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The quality of the ice out west makes TD Garden look good and the problem is getting worse. One player told me the best ice the B's have seen in months was in South Bend :help:

The old Garden only had issues in the late spring when it got warmer and the building had no AC.
Isn't the Garden going to attempt to fix the ice this Summer ?
I hope they get the seating done before the season starts. There are lots of pissed of STH

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

Never really got Claude’s choice of players he had out there when they had the lead late in the game,wasn’t it Lucic,Horton.Krejchi,why wouldn’t it have been your best defensive line.But whatever it sucked,I think they could have won game seven.Time out definitely should have been called.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad