Post-Game Talk: GAME 62 - B's lose to Blues in a shootout BUT bank 9 out of 10 points on trip

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
And their defense. Can’t have success without both

True, the B's have some very good defensemen.

Carlo is the most consistent and reliable D-man and has been all season.

Cmac has had his own issues but he's starting to look like a stud at times and is such a smooth, strong skater ...but still has lots to learn.

I like Miller (especially against bigger teams) and thought he played great today.

Moore and Grizz have mostly been decent in their own end and don't scare me.

Chara is Chara.

Krug has been the least reliable and easily pushed around defenseman this season....if it wasn't for Krug's offensive talent he would probably be in Providence.

...although I'd love to keep chatting, I have to go out tonight....Have a good one!

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

Cmac has had his own issues but he's starting to look like a stud at times and is such a smooth, strong skater ...but still has lots to learn.

I like Miller (especially against bigger teams) and thought he played great today.

Chara is Chara.

Krug has been the least reliable and easily pushed around defenseman this season....if it wasn't for Krug's offensive talent he would probably be in Providence.

...although I'd love to keep chatting, I have to go out tonight....Have a good one!

You too!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Chara is Chara.

I thought Kevan had a great game.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Lots of impressive play on this roadie. Debust, Heinen, Rask...but most of all, Wagner. Dude does that consistently, and he will be a demi God come playoff time. My wife started calling him Vahgner(or Wagner classic music) because it makes him sound more exotic and powerful.,,a concerto of violence. Good stuff.

Reactions: HumBucker

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Eek. Really not impressed with Coyle in his debut. I know it was his first game with the team and there was probably some hesitance and just playing it safe, but outside of literally one single moment in the game, the guy showed almost zero urgency in his game. Even his stick work. Lazy "phoned-in" passive style. Also looked lost for most of the game. Really hope that was just first game cobwebs. Shootout goal was nice, though.

4th line continues to be better than our 3rd...

EDIT: Just saw Coyle's post-game interview. Good stuff. He was very candid about the struggles with adjusting to the new system. Hoping that this was the case and he will get comfortable and be able to engage more on a play to play basis.

Last edited:

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Eek. Really not impressed with Coyle in his debut. I know it was his first game with the team and there was probably some hesitance and just playing it safe, but outside of literally one single moment in the game, the guy showed almost zero urgency in his game. Even his stick work. Lazy "phoned-in" passive style. Also looked lost for most of the game. Really hope that was just first game cobwebs. Shootout goal was nice, though.

4th line continues to be better than our 3rd...
You would think he was playing on a new team in a new system or something, with linemates he never played with before.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
I know the 4th line has been really good but time to move Wags up with Coyle and slide Backes or Nordy to the 4th.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
You would think he was playing on a new team in a new system or something, with linemates he never played with before.

As I said, this may very well have been the case. Also, check my post as I put an EDIT on there and added more thoughts. I will remain absolutely optimistic, I just thought he looked passive, lost, and even in a bubble on individual plays he wasn't intense or urgent AT ALL. Will definitely give him the pass for obvious reasons.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
As I said, this may very well have been the case. Also, check my post as I put an EDIT on there and added more thoughts. I will remain absolutely optimistic, I just thought he looked passive, lost, and even in a bubble on individual plays he wasn't intense or urgent AT ALL. Will definitely give him the pass for obvious reasons.

Get him a better winger then offensive black hole Backes and maybe he has a few assists tonight. He was decent for his 1st outing but he is a 3rd line center. They are not supposed to be the stars of the team. He is filling a spot that we needed filled, he is not the answer, just a part of the puzzle. Do not expect a star player, too much pressure on him from ppl starved for a home run trade win. Reserve that for a Panarin/Stone type, an real impact player. Coyle will be better then any internal option we tried all year.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Get him a better winger then offensive black hole Backes and maybe he has a few assists tonight. He was decent for his 1st outing but he is a 3rd line center. They are not supposed to be the stars of the team. He is filling a spot that we needed filled, he is not the answer, just a part of the puzzle. Do not expect a star player, too much pressure on him from ppl starved for a home run trade win. Reserve that for a Panarin/Stone type, an real impact player. Coyle will be better then any internal option we tried all year.

I thought Backes had an excellent, above-average game. Controller the play a lot. Showed intensity and urgency.

But yes, agreed in general.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Thought Cehlarik was the weak point on the 3rd line today. I wasn’t expecting that. Bad turnover and couldn’t get back into the play in time

After that I thought the line was pretty damn good though

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Did you forget about last year?

He literally made the Stanley cup while shutting down a team with arguably the two best offensive players in the league. He has one of the highest playoff sv% of all time

You just gotta let the stupid people be stupid I guess. There’s no helping them. His biggest crime is being European (to them). Tom Rask wouldn’t get these complaints imo

Tuukka was unbelievable today

Reactions: BruinsFTW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad