Post-Game Talk: GAME 62 - A Disappointing Effort - Fishsticks 5 BRUINS 1

remer

Oct 18, 2005
The Bruins do need to make some decisions and you can't let UFAs walk out the door for nothing. We all know they are not a Stanley Cup team. That was last year. We lost way too many players and we were overachieved at the beginning of the year.
Jake is either resigned or trade. Forbort likely is on his way out. Grzelcyk might stay because he might resign for cheaper because his Daddy wants to have him stay in Boston. JVR has been a good bet by Donny and I can see him sticking with him. Shattenkirk and Henein will stay. Henein will likely resign with Boston for 1 million because he fits there mold and he has had success here. I think they should consider selling Linus but I doubt it. This likely happens in the off season.
The Bruins will end up playing the Leafs in the playoffs and they will lose. They don't have the firepower that the Leafs have and Brad Treliving will still make a few moves to make the Leafs better. Leaf fans are delusional at the best of times but beating Boston will be the Leafs Stanley Cup moment and it will be at our demise.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
This team needs to actually practice as well.
Personally I don’t care if they finish first in the conference or eighth after last season,and you really have to wonder do the players here last season deep down have that same mentality.There 20 points up I believe on the 9th spot so making the playoffs is a given .

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Wasn't there a bout between Reaves and that new kid on the Rangers? Of course NESN didn't show us that!
It was stupid "when" it did happen.
Leafs were up 3-2 with 3 minutes left when Reaves obviously went out to goad Tempe into a fight. (Reaves's ass usually is on the bench by late in the second period)

Rempe first resisted but he looked at the Ranger bench and they gave him the go ahead.

Rempe won they fight with his reach. Reaves looked really uncomfortable fighting him.Reaves got the last couple shots then in reacted like he accomplished something although he was largely manhandled.
The guy is a jackass.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
I sound like an old timer in a TV commercial, but defense wins championships.
And averaging almost 4 goals against the last 10 games is not encouraging. It may not be as entertaining, but if they want to turn this around they have to focus on team defense and start locking teams down something like 2-0 or 3-1, playoff style.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Just a terrible game all around did not see anything positive, is it the defense or more the goaltending or both?? All I know is it is hard to watch, and I thought the Bruins/Islander games are usually close in the score but not tonight. Wondering which team shows up for the next 3 games, will be interesting but I am not too excited about watching them since this losing streak as I was when they played the game with more energy.
They seem to be "ok" until something bad happens.....bad rebound, bounce, penalty....then it's a snowball heading for hell. This team is fragile

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
It was stupid "when" it did happen.
Leafs were up 3-2 with 3 minutes left when Reaves obviously went out to goad Tempe into a fight. (Reaves's ass usually is on the bench by late in the second period)

Rempe first resisted but he looked at the Ranger bench and they gave him the go ahead.

Rempe won they fight with his reach. Reaves looked really uncomfortable fighting him.Reaves got the last couple shots then in reacted like he accomplished something although he was largely manhandled.
The guy is a jackass.
Forgot saying the Rangers then tied the game.
Bullshit decision by REAVES. Up by one, you don't run for a fight with the opponent fighter for nothing. IMO, he almost cost the Leafs win.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
The Bruins do need to make some decisions and you can't let UFAs walk out the door for nothing. We all know they are not a Stanley Cup team. That was last year. We lost way too many players and we were overachieved at the beginning of the year.
Jake is either resigned or trade. Forbort likely is on his way out. Grzelcyk might stay because he might resign for cheaper because his Daddy wants to have him stay in Boston. JVR has been a good bet by Donny and I can see him sticking with him. Shattenkirk and Henein will stay. Henein will likely resign with Boston for 1 million because he fits there mold and he has had success here. I think they should consider selling Linus but I doubt it. This likely happens in the off season.
The Bruins will end up playing the Leafs in the playoffs and they will lose. They don't have the firepower that the Leafs have and Brad Treliving will still make a few moves to make the Leafs better. Leaf fans are delusional at the best of times but beating Boston will be the Leafs Stanley Cup moment and it will be at our demise.
Shattenkirk has to hit the road....
Resinging Grz is not helpful. MacAvoy-Lindholm-Carlo and Lohrei.....bottom pair needs some toughness and that sure is not grz....rather try regula and least he has size

I think it's Irish. Like that fool is a fecken egit. Am I right?😊
So feckless essentially means "ineffective," but is also used to describe someone who is irresponsible, incompetent, inept, or without purpose in life. Definitions of feckless. adjective. generally incompetent and ineffectual. Not sure of origin

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Whole team played like junk.
Ullmark looked like he did his first season in Boston. Fish out of water. Gave up so many soft rebounds. Surprised they left him in

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
I sound like an old timer in a TV commercial, but defense wins championships.
And averaging almost 4 goals against the last 10 games is not encouraging. It may not be as entertaining, but if they want to turn this around they have to focus on team defense and start locking teams down something like 2-0 or 3-1, playoff style.
Most concerning aspect of their game for me.

Reactions: Trizz617 and mjhfb

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I didn't catch the game last night, but sadly this group might just be out of gas here 3/4 into the season.

You have some older legs that are getting used extensively because the coach doesn't trust a lot of his roster and it's coming to a head now as the grind gets harder. Defensively he's leaning on the same forwards over and over in all defensive situations.

Then you have your top guys like Pasta, Marchand and McAvoy targeted by opposing teams because there is no push-back. That game just after the All-Star break when Marchand got his face caved in by Pospisil with a violent cross-check to the face and the Bruins reaction was basically nothing says it all IMO.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Forgot saying the Rangers then tied the game.
Bullshit decision by REAVES. Up by one, you don't run for a fight with the opponent fighter for nothing. IMO, he almost cost the Leafs win.
Playing the Rangers in the playoffs is not a good mixture for the Leafs.
Rangers are much much tougher (than us) , they hit plenty and they, like Florida, don't care if if they hit the other teams star players.

When that happens generally matthews, Nylander, Tavares, Marner all disappear.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
heaping pile of dog crap "effort" again

beyond disappointed with this Charmin soft group . I can`t blame Monty for this, this group are bumbling plays that are coached from the moment a player has their first practice.

Embarrassing

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The Bs need to add at least one player as an enforcer (not a goon).

Defense was always a strong position for the Bs but not now.

IF they can find a C that would be nice.

Not sure who is REALLY available and what deals can be made but that is my wish list (to start).

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
heaping pile of dog crap "effort" again

beyond disappointed with this Charmin soft group . I can`t blame Monty for this, this group are bumbling plays that are coached from the moment a player has their first practice.

Embarrassing
Some days you are the dog. Somedays the hydrant. Bruins took a bath in this game.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
I would neither be shocked or surprised if it all ultimately turned out to be this^^^.

Would rather see an infusion of new, hungry blood and grit/stones. We'll see as it's gonna be real interesting around here moving forward.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Some days you are the dog. Somedays the hydrant. Bruins took a bath in this game.
if this were simply an outlier I`d agree, took a dump all over their 7 game homestand with similar "efforts", Calgary, Caps, Kraken (although they weren`t god awful) , just to name a few, this team has been having far more of these duds than this fan is comfortable with

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Bruin management misses out on a lot of the top junior players coming out of the CHL and colleges. They keep going to the well and giving up there 1st and 2nds. There are kids in this next draft that would make an impact in the near future. Bruins sit and watch them all go by. Sure they make a silk purse out of a sows ear once in a while but it will bite them in the ass if they keep giving up top picks for retreads.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
if this were simply an outlier I`d agree, took a dump all over their 7 game homestand with similar "efforts", Calgary, Caps, Kraken (although they weren`t god awful) , just to name a few, this team has been having far more of these duds than this fan is comfortable with
It's like skating on thin ice. Sooner or later you go through. This team has to have every player dialed in and going from the opening whistle to the last. If any element isn't firing they run into issues all over the ice. Last night the looked like they were skating in sand at times. My son and his wife drove 9 hours from Canada to watch the worse game the Bruins played this season. Long ride home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad