Post-Game Talk: GAME 62 - A Disappointing Effort - Fishsticks 5 BRUINS 1

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I said it in the GDT, but I’ll reiterate.

The 2025 picks all need to be off limits.

x1000

I’m wholeheartedly against selling, but they can make moves with roster players and actually need to given the cap. Wait until next year when we aren’t hampered by the cap to even think about trading those picks.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I shut it off after the natty hatty. This team lays down and dies like no other

And that is something I never thought I'd see from a Bruins team. I am beyond disgusted with them. No team can win all the time but there is no excuse for not putting forth the effort. Not ever. There is also no excuse for not standing up for one's self or one's teammates- that's something else I never thought a Bruins team would ever do.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
The Bruins will end up playing the Leafs in the playoffs and they will lose. They don't have the firepower that the Leafs have and Brad Treliving will still make a few moves to make the Leafs better. Leaf fans are delusional at the best of times but beating Boston will be the Leafs Stanley Cup moment and it will be at our demise.
I think we lose in round one but I think we play FLA as we are headed into wild card country and fast. Detroit plays TO. Just a guess. I didn’t see the game last night (thankfully based on what I’m reading here!)……and this team cannot get out of their own way and cannot play 60 minutes. They could not give two more periods of the same effort and determination the other night vs Vegas they gave in the first. Something goes wrong and they panic. In their own zone they are a train wreck. Nobody can tell me they have a system in their own zone as we have watched them get pinned in time and time again over the last 10+ games. Add to that a lack of toughness……oh boy. I hope Donny moves out the UFA’s by Thursday and we go with whatever he can by chance bring in and some boys from Providence. But I think by end day Thursday, he says he believes in the group and will go with what we have for the most part. Painful but surprised? Nope. Not after LY. The two biggest games of the year coming up vs TO. We could win both, lose both or even split. Who would have thought when we reached the all star break after being so hot they would come crashing down. Hope they turn it around but there’s too many moves and not enough assets to make that happen. Either way……..let’s go…………..Bruins…….!?

I sound like an old timer in a TV commercial, but defense wins championships.
And averaging almost 4 goals against the last 10 games is not encouraging. It may not be as entertaining, but if they want to turn this around they have to focus on team defense and start locking teams down something like 2-0 or 3-1, playoff style.
Yep. Which is why Claude was one of the most successful coaches we ever had.

Reactions: KWbruin

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
This team is falling apart before our eyes.

Everybody was excited we beat Vegas without going into OT. Well guess what, Buffalo beat them 7-2 tonight. Yes, I said Buffalo. So maybe beating that injury filled team wasn't such an accomplishment.

Tonight we just stunk. McLaughlin and Lauko showed some energy here and there, cause they want to earn or keep jobs, but the rest? Try to find me a bright spot cause I can't. This has been building for a while but you could say all of a sudden,

Unwanted cast offs like Heinen are looking like unwanted cast offs.
Rejected veterans that teams wanted to ditch like JVR are looking like they don't belong in the NHL any more.
Old guys like Shattenkirk and Marchand are looking like old guys. Really old guys.
Inconsistent players like DeBrusk are back to their sulky inconsistent selves.
AHL call ups like Wotherspoon are looking like AHL level players again.
Goalies are looking average at best.
The coach with no answers in last year's playoffs looks like he has no answers again.
I could go on, but really, there is very little about this team right now that looks good in any way. I don't think we could have beaten San Jose or Chicago with that effort tonight.

Forget about who we play in the playoffs, we could still miss the playoffs if we keep playing like this. Hard to believe with the point bubble we have, but not beyond the realm of possibility because that just STUNK.
Nonsense: Wotherspoon looks fine.

Reactions: BMC and Aeroforce

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
USB is a nice building. Plenty of libations, like 3 times more than your normal barn…

That being said, never again. The cross island expressway is worse than anything in CT or MA, I can only imagine during rush hour on a weekday. On par with LA.

It’s a new building, but you park like 2 miles away and take a bus or walk. Then it’s like getting out of a football game. Like an hour.

It’s an odyssey.

Makes you appreciate pulling into the Garden, parking, leaving, and you’re on Storrow heading out before you blink.
It’s the Cross Island Parkway. Not Expressway. Nothing express about it. Just parking while sitting in traffic.

Secord

Mar 23, 2013
Looked like another load management game. Got three in four coming up vs. TOR EDM and TOR. Obvious to see that they chose not to go balls to the walls on the road with this gauntlet coming up and no real urgency needed in terms of playoff implications. Lots of these type of games in the second half following early season cushion. Bs have given max effort a few times in second half showdown games (vs. VAN for example), but coasting most of the time.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
It’s the Cross Island Parkway. Not Expressway. Nothing express about it. Just parking while sitting in traffic.
Got my L.I.E.s confused…it is nice trucks can only use one of those…parkways or expressways…don’t remember which.

Ehh. I’m a Mets fan, and I’ve gotta say Citi is no picnic in and out, but much better than USB.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Got my L.I.E.s confused…it is nice trucks can only use one of those…parkways or expressways…don’t remember which.

Ehh. I’m a Mets fan, and I’ve gotta say Citi is no picnic in and out, but much better than USB.
I think DOT vehicles are prohibited on Pkways at least that's how it was when I lived in upstate NY but frequented the city and NJ sometimes in my DOT work issued van. Had to be careful as it was too tall for some of the overpasses.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Playing the Rangers in the playoffs is not a good mixture for the Leafs.
Rangers are much much tougher (than us) , they hit plenty and they, like Florida, don't care if if they hit the other teams star players.

When that happens generally matthews, Nylander, Tavares, Marner all disappear.
I do like how the Rangers roster is build.
But my point was on Reaves. Bad bad decision on his part.

When a team is lacking depth, losing a cornerstone player (top 4 on D and top 6 on the F) changes everyone's role. Thinking Lindholm and Zacha loss ain't challenging the Bruins is IMO a mistake. And the pressure on 63 and 88 gets greater. 63 ain't 18 any more, and that might reach him at some point. Nice post that I agree with.

Reactions: CDJ

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Zero interest in a snoozing loss on Long Island in game 62. Means nothing. Have a look at how McAvoy and Carlo played, look at their advance stats, and you instantly know the team mailed this one in from the top down.

The Leafs game will be much more instructive. Every reason for the Bruins to show up for that one, no excuses not to. That will give us a better idea of where this team is at right at this point in time.

Boston's making playoffs. It's guaranteed. Simply remains to be seen in what shape they turn up to R1.
Good teams don't mail in games. Stanley Cup contenders don't mail in games.
I remember preaching back before they won in 2011, that you know a team is a contender when they hate losing by more than 2 goals, and rarely, if ever do so. That 2011 team was built that way, mentally. This team looks like there is something bad going on under the skin. It's not good.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Rewind this thread 365 days ago.

Everyone wanting adversity. Here it is. Better now than the first week of April
I think a well needed adversity. Hope Monty won't overuse Marchand and will protect Pasta. They need to get in the PO.... 8 th seed or 5th seeds not important.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Good teams don't mail in games. Stanley Cup contenders don't mail in games.
I remember preaching back before they won in 2011, that you know a team is a contender when they hate losing by more than 2 goals, and rarely, if ever do so. That 2011 team was built that way, mentally. This team looks like there is something bad going on under the skin. It's not good.

This year's Bruins aren't Cup contenders, nor were they ever meant to be. Once you accept this fact everything we're seeing becomes much easier to digest. Perhaps they can do something, in which case great. But don't count on it.

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
This year's Bruins aren't Cup contenders, nor were they ever meant to be. Once you accept this fact everything we're seeing becomes much easier to digest. Perhaps they can do something, in which case great. But don't count on it.
Great perspective. The fast start masked who this team really is, which is what we've seen lately, imo.

Frustrating at times? Yes. However, just get into the P.O's and see what happens from there.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad