Post-Game Talk: GAME 62 - A Disappointing Effort - Fishsticks 5 BRUINS 1

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Zero interest in a snoozing loss on Long Island in game 62. Means nothing. Have a look at how McAvoy and Carlo played, look at their advance stats, and you instantly know the team mailed this one in from the top down.

The Leafs game will be much more instructive. Every reason for the Bruins to show up for that one, no excuses not to. That will give us a better idea of where this team is at right at this point in time.

Boston's making playoffs. It's guaranteed. Simply remains to be seen in what shape they turn up to R1.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
3m · Toronto, Canada ·
Public

We are on the ground.....we came very close to being diverted to Buffalo

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
At this point I’m about ready to see the team play some 1-3-1 turtle hockey if they’re going to keep playing like this. What a mess

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It was tough to watch.

Now playing the Leafs twice and Edmonton before the deadline will set the course for the 2024 season.

They could easily become sellers instead of buyers and that might be best for the longterm. I fear they will move a goalie.

Edmonton will be in their Boston hotel rooms watching the game in Toronto on Monday. :help:

The Bruins are NOT going to blow a playoff spot thanks to the loser points they have banked - but most likely could wind up as A3, the 2 games with Toronto this week will give us a clue.

1709452220283.png

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator
Just a terrible game all around did not see anything positive, is it the defense or more the goaltending or both?? All I know is it is hard to watch, and I thought the Bruins/Islander games are usually close in the score but not tonight. Wondering which team shows up for the next 3 games, will be interesting but I am not too excited about watching them since this losing streak as I was when they played the game with more energy.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The trade deadline can't come soon enough, at least we are only a few days away. I am not excusing the Bruins in any way but last night the scores were very telling. Carolina blew a 3-0 lead and lost 5-3 to the Jets, the Avs lost 5-1 to the Preds, the Knights lost 7-2 to Buffalo.

The Panthers and Leafs are peaking too early. The Bruins cannot play any worse (I hope) and once the deadline is over, then let's see what happens. Unfortunately we have 3 huge games coming up. Help!

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
In the past 10 games we have seen the Panthers and Leafs gain 7 points on us in the standings. Not exactly a recipe for success.

We have too many holes to fill and no ammunition to acquire players required to strenghten the team overall.

DS ride out the rest of the season and do not make anymore knee jerk moves which will not change the team chemistry much anyway. Admit that you have backed yourself into a corner and do not have an escape route this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I would like to genuinely ask people this- when was the last time a top 3 team in their conference was a seller?

I think people are gonna be disappointed if they think they’re gonna sell like they’re Chicago or Arizona or something. Maybe they sell off Debrusk but that’s about all I expect as far as “selling” goes (unless somebody offers a good deal for JVR, and even then I find moving him unlikely)

I think we need to have a degree of realism. I don’t think this is a favorite to be a cup-winner but that doesn’t mean they’re gonna sell. It probably just means they’ll be less aggressive buying. They can go 0-3-0 in the next 3 and they’ll still probably be 3rd in the East

Reactions: nORRis8

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The trade deadline can't come soon enough, at least we are only a few days away. I am not excusing the Bruins in any way but last night the scores were very telling. Carolina blew a 3-0 lead and lost 5-3 to the Jets, the Avs lost 5-1 to the Preds, the Knights lost 7-2 to Buffalo.

The Panthers and Leafs are peaking too early. The Bruins cannot play any worse (I hope) and once the deadline is over, then let's see what happens. Unfortunately we have 3 huge games coming up. Help!
It feels like it can only go up from here.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I think Boqvist was their best player last night and that’s not a good thing. Marchand looked like he was skating in mud and the puck weighed 100lbs.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
We all knew without changes the Bs were not going to win the cup this season.

We had false hope because they looked so good for the first half of the season (Thanks Linus and Sway).

I am looking forward to the day after the trade deadline so we can see what we have for a team.

I will (as always) cheer them on to whatever end....but winning is more fun.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Reaching Hab fans obnoxiousness I tell ya.
At least the habs have multiple series wins (including over us) in the last couple decades

leafs nation is the most delusional group of people I’ve ever seen- from their management who think year after year their goalie/D situation is good enough to win the cup to their fans who act like they’ve been a relevant organization

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
They keep playing the way they did tonight this team could be out of the playoffs very soon.
Them not making the playoffs is almost impossible really, I believe they have a 20 point lead on the ninth spot in the conference I think they finish 2nd or third in the division depending on how this week goes .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad