Post-Game Talk: GAME 62 - A Disappointing Effort - Fishsticks 5 BRUINS 1

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I would hold jake if I'm getting trash. His speed in playoffs are a weapon.
Bad buisness Donny.Boston is bleeding prospects bad so if he can fetch you a decent pick you jump it .And as Dafoomie pointed out earlier he should.You hold him & watch him walk it's malpractice with this roster.Not a fav is my meaning.My take is either he signs or goodbye.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Just got some secret info from a guy who was in the BRUINS' dressing room before the players hit the ice. He told me that Monty emphasized to the players in his pregame speech to just go thru the motions tonight and save your energy for the next game against the Laffs.
He also told them to avoid any serious contact with the opposing players, but, as one of the BRUINS pointed out "coach, we already know that."
Lol no!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1709442002963.png

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Don probably will get extended are you kidding me.

What's that got to do with anything?

Just got some secret info from a guy who was in the BRUINS' dressing room before the players hit the ice. He told me that Monty emphasized to the players in his pregame speech to just go thru the motions tonight and save your energy for the next game against the Laffs.
He also told them to avoid any serious contact with the opposing players, but, as one of the BRUINS pointed out "coach, we already know that."
That does explain it!

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
This team is falling apart before our eyes.

Everybody was excited we beat Vegas without going into OT. Well guess what, Buffalo beat them 7-2 tonight. Yes, I said Buffalo. So maybe beating that injury filled team wasn't such an accomplishment.

Tonight we just stunk. McLaughlin and Lauko showed some energy here and there, cause they want to earn or keep jobs, but the rest? Try to find me a bright spot cause I can't. This has been building for a while but you could say all of a sudden,

Unwanted cast offs like Heinen are looking like unwanted cast offs.
Rejected veterans that teams wanted to ditch like JVR are looking like they don't belong in the NHL any more.
Old guys like Shattenkirk and Marchand are looking like old guys. Really old guys.
Inconsistent players like DeBrusk are back to their sulky inconsistent selves.
AHL call ups like Wotherspoon are looking like AHL level players again.
Goalies are looking average at best.
The coach with no answers in last year's playoffs looks like he has no answers again.
I could go on, but really, there is very little about this team right now that looks good in any way. I don't think we could have beaten San Jose or Chicago with that effort tonight.

Forget about who we play in the playoffs, we could still miss the playoffs if we keep playing like this. Hard to believe with the point bubble we have, but not beyond the realm of possibility because that just STUNK.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
This team is falling apart before our eyes.

Everybody was excited we beat Vegas without going into OT. Well guess what, Buffalo beat them 7-2 tonight. Yes, I said Buffalo. So maybe beating that injury filled team wasn't such an accomplishment.

Tonight we just stunk. McLaughlin and Lauko showed some energy here and there, cause they want to earn or keep jobs, but the rest? Try to find me a bright spot cause I can't. This has been building for a while but you could say all of a sudden,

Unwanted cast offs like Heinen are looking like unwanted cast offs.
Rejected veterans that teams wanted to ditch like JVR are looking like they don't belong in the NHL any more.
Old guys like Shattenkirk and Marchand are looking like old guys. Really old guys.
Inconsistent players like DeBrusk are back to their sulky inconsistent selves.
AHL call ups like Wotherspoon are looking like AHL level players again.
Goalies are looking average at best.
The coach with no answers in last year's playoffs looks like he has no answers again.
I could go on, but really, there is very little about this team right now that looks good in any way. I don't think we could have beaten San Jose or Chicago with that effort tonight.

Forget about who we play in the playoffs, we could still miss the playoffs if we keep playing like this. Hard to believe with the point bubble we have, but not beyond the realm of possibility because that just STUNK.
maybe lorhei can move to forward??

• Haha
Reactions: BiteThisBurrows

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
The Bruins will make the playoffs…and they know it.

What do they call it in the NBA, schedule maintenance, or something?

It’s clear the Bruins are full believers in that. They put in a good effort against Toronto, and then pick another game to blow off.

And…they won’t be especially priMed for the playoffs or something…it’s just lazy.

DS isn’t going to sell, that’s ridiculous. But it might be a classic Bruins deadline where we bring in a plug or two and call it a run.

I still say Linus goes at the deadline, but hopefully they’re smart enough to take futures back.

The excuse for poor performance is baked in…at least half their D are nobodies or has beens. Monty won’t take any heat…they’ll say he did what he could.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad