GDT: Game #61 | Wild @ Predators | NBCSN | 7:30PM CT, 3:30AM FIN | Dogfight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Nope, was the "young stars" rep... we didn't have an all-star rep because Koivu (who actually made the all-star team) was injured.

Yea yea, but what I meant was our only dude in the ASG who actually had a Wild sweater on.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Cooke , Suter, Brodziak for when we want physicality. Fontaine, Schroeder, Haula for when we want speed and skill. Was very encouraged by Haula's game tonight. That Fontaine, Haula, Brodziak line was great. I will riot if Yeo breaks it up.

Vanek is like a Kiovu who doesn't play D or take face offs. HE might be the guy who sits on the bench at times, just like he did in Montreal. He doesn't mesh well with Koivu, but does with Schroeder. Maybe a Coyle, Schroeder, Vanek line?

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Starting to wonder if Nashville is starting to falter. Just looked at their sched, and in their last 5 games, they're 2-3, with one of those wins against Buffalo, where they needed a shootout.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Okay guys, you're getting really close to blasting their fanbase, which is against the rules.

But yeah, those are a lot of boos. Feel free to discuss those, but be careful not to blast their fanbase.

Congrats on the winning streak, glad Dubnyk is working for you guys.

I live 275 miles east of Nashville but have tickets for the April 9th game against the Wild. Probably am going to stand up and boo Suter on his first shift, ... gotta be a fan.

I had a photography job for a week in the Twin Cities area last summer and really liked the place. Good meal and beer at a place on the river near the falls where I could see Bald Eagles soaring along the skyline near a museum, Peregrine Falcon adult and immature along the riverbank. Nashville is almost on bedrock and seeing the black soils of your area is amazing. Hope I get a chance to return ... in the summer!

Last edited by a moderator:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
hard fought battle! either team could have won. they basically shut down our big guns, secondary scoring was huge or no 2 points in smashville. bergenheim looked great in the first, once hes back in game shape should be a good pickup. im still bummed we gave away 2 points to the oil.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Starting to wonder if Nashville is starting to falter. Just looked at their sched, and in their last 5 games, they're 2-3, with one of those wins against Buffalo, where they needed a shootout.

Hard to be energized for every game, losing only their 4th home game and it's nearly March doesn't mean a downfall. The Preds seem to be complacent sometimes because of their record that none of us expected and the fact that they never really quit and have scored late without panic very often makes them feel pretty confident. They definitely have issues with 3rd & 4th lines now, and Franson on defense isn't much better than he was when we let him go before. Had Ellis back in for the first time in a long time and Santorelli hasn't settled in yet either. It's time for an eye opening lull in production, a slap in the face before playoff time. A couple of weeks of practice should help a lot.

Oh yeah, there is Pekka Rinne who can single handed steal any game.

Last edited:

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
What an enormous win last night! We bounced back nicely and even got a little help with other teams losing or only gaining a point last night. Great night at the office. :handclap:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Hard to be energized for every game, losing only their 4th home game and it's nearly March doesn't mean a downfall. The Preds seem to be complacent sometimes because of their record that none of us expected and the fact that they never really quit and have scored late without panic very often makes them feel pretty confident. They definitely have issues with 3rd & 4th lines now, and Franson on defense isn't much better than he was when we let him go before. Had Ellis back in for the first time in a long time and Santorelli hasn't settled in yet either. It's time for an eye opening lull in production, a slap in the face before playoff time. A couple of weeks of practice should help a lot.

Oh yeah, there is Pekka Rinne who can single handed steal any game.

For Preds fans' sake, hopefully that complacency does not become a habit and follow them into the playoffs.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Agreed, good luck to you guys, except for playing Preds.

Even if it does at times, Pekka can be amazing. Hutton can be a crap shoot.

Nothing but the best to you (except when we're playing). I respect your fanbase and understand the reaction you have to Suter.

Predators vs. Wild would be a good playoff series, I'm sure of that.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Rinne wasn't his usual awesome self, though the loss was by no means his fault. What I thought was lacking in the Preds game this time was a lack of physicality. In the past, they've been quick to take the man,wearing teams down during the course of the game. Winnipeg does something similar. Last night there was a distinct lack of thumping by NSH.

Our depth was the answer last night. Not a dominating win, but we did deserve to win. Our performance against EDM was far more lopsided, but we just had no bounces go our way. It happens.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Rinne wasn't his usual awesome self, though the loss was by no means his fault. What I thought was lacking in the Preds game this time was a lack of physicality. In the past, they've been quick to take the man,wearing teams down during the course of the game. Winnipeg does something similar. Last night there was a distinct lack of thumping by NSH.

Definitely don't have size or great skill on Preds 3 & 4th line. Hope we pick up someone at deadline. Also definitely miss Hornquist or anyone in front of the net on PP. Sometimes they try to be too cute with an extra pass and don't get into dirty zone as much as Hornquist did.

I'll be cheering for you guys, especially in the 3 games against the Blues you still have.

So long.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Please guys and gals.. We don't have to rehash the Suter lying/misleading Nashville every single time we play them. If that's how they feel, then that's fine. The conversation has been had countless amounts of times. It's tiresome at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad