GDT: Game #61 | Wild @ Predators | NBCSN | 7:30PM CT, 3:30AM FIN | Dogfight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
So the Predators are something like 120-0-0 at home this season, therefore expecting an easy game.

WILD (31-22-7) at PREDATORS (41-13-7)

TV: NBCSN

Season series: The Nashville Predators have defeated the Minnesota Wild twice at Xcel Energy Center. This is the first of three games at Bridgestone Arena over the final eight weeks.

Wild team scope: Minnesota will welcome forward Sean Bergenheim to the lineup after the Wild acquired the left wing in a trade from the Florida Panthers on Tuesday. Bergenheim has eight goals and 10 assists and has a plus-2 rating in 39 games. He is expected to skate on Minnesota’s fourth line and perhaps help on the penalty kill. “He’s a big body and he’s going to hound pucks, which would fit the way we want to play the game,†Wild coach Mike Yeo said Tuesday. “Great work ethic, goes well to the net. What I like is, he’s good in both ends of the ice.†Goaltender Devan Dubnyk has allowed two goals or fewer in each of his past four games and is likely to start.

Predators team scope: Nashville got some good news Wednesday; defenseman Anton Volchenkov returned to practice. Volchenkov has missed the past six games with a lower-body injury; his timetable for returning to the lineup is unknown. The Predators started their final homestand in February with a 5-2 win against the Colorado Avalanche on Tuesday. Goaltender Pekka Rinne made 18 saves and is the likely starter. Nashville will have played 10 home games this month after a game Saturday against the Detroit Red Wings. The Predators are 7-1-0 at home in February and 15-1-0 there dating to Dec. 16.

Wild lineups:
Suters dogs (Favre & Cal, clearly named after Brett & Clutterbuck)
RSuter_MG_5044.jpg

Predators lineups:
Webers dog (Dug)
105741_eb.jpg

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
They lost to the Oilers on Tuesday, which was an expected win. Tonight is an expected loss (the Preds are 23-4-1 or something like that at home) so it will be a win.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
This is a game I am truly curious of the outcome.

Preds are silly good at home.

As long as we play a strong game and have none of those lazy, stupid lapses we did in the last one.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
So much for Bergenheim just replacing Veileux.

Lines at Practice:

Parise-Granlund-Pomminville
Bergenheim-Koivu-Vanek
Nino-Coyle-Schroeder
Haula-Brodziak-Fontaine

Koivu and Vanek are terrible together. Oil and Water. Really hate that 2nd line.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Just to calmly chime in, we should be. I don't do it. It makes us look insecure and childish, but to each their own. There are definitely fans that still do it.

Yeah, I've never been a big "BOOOOOO!" to a former player guy.

I've always felt like booing a professional athlete just makes them want to beat you even more.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
You think they'll still boo? Geez you'd think they would be over it by now.

There are mixed feelings about it among the fan base, so it's certainly dying down. If he scores a goal, or a hat trick like mentioned, there will be boos though.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Ever since I visitied 4-5 years ago, I've always wanted to go to a road game in Nashville. Especially on a Thursday/Friday/Saturday night. With all those bars literally right next to the arena, bet it would be a blast.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Yeah, I've never been a big "BOOOOOO!" to a former player guy.

I've always felt like booing a professional athlete just makes them want to beat you even more.

I was a kid when Marbury came back to play the T-wolves. Bood him so hard. Then he dropped 40 points on us and won. Never again. Lesson has been learned.

Anyway Nashville has a great team and are the clear favorites to win the Presidents Trophy. Booing Suter seems pointless. I guess all fans are different.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
There are mixed feelings about it among the fan base, so it's certainly dying down. If he scores a goal, or a hat trick like mentioned, there will be boos though.

I suppose all fans are different. I'm glad hockey has really taken off in Nashville. Seems like a real passionate fan base. Would love to see a game down there on the weekends sometime. Good luck tonight. Go Wild!;)

Screaming Buffalo

Oct 19, 2010
MN
Ever since I visitied 4-5 years ago, I've always wanted to go to a road game in Nashville. Especially on a Thursday/Friday/Saturday night. With all those bars literally right next to the arena, bet it would be a blast.

I feel the same. Top of my list for seeing a road game.

As for the game, I don't have a good feeling. But also intrigued by those lines. I want to see the PPG line of last year in the worst way.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I still think Nashville fans are classy, regardless of the Suter booing. They are not a traditional hockey market but their fans are knowledgeable and can appreciate all kinds of hockey. The team is impressive, Rinne is a demigod and I'm extrasuperjealous of Forsberg. I feel like they are just half a step ahead of us, but suffer from the same problems like us. They really could use a clear cut #1 center, regardless what Ribeiro has done with them this season.

I expect a good, physical matchup today where goaltending plays a huge role. Dubnyk has to be able to put up a really good show for us to make a winning effort. Fergie should be hard and fast for this first game with us, he's been scratched during the trade request episode and should have a lot of energy. We can't let Preds defense get too much good shots from the blueline and need to clear the crease from those pesky forwards who try to create as much traffic as possible while their impressive blueline blasts away.

Lets keep an eye on our wingers in our D-zone and how they manage to get their sticks in front of the shooting lanes. On offense I'd watch Dumba, he'll probably be inspired by the Preds active D on offense and try to do some nice things. Also active forecheck should bring us some good chances, gotta try to kill that effective transition game and make their time fetching the puck from their D-zone as painful as possible.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site

Lines at Practice:

Bergenheim-Koivu-Vanek
Nino-Coyle-Schroeder
Haula-Brodziak-Fontaine

Koivu and Vanek are terrible together. Oil and Water. Really hate that 2nd line.

This seems like Yeo out thinking himself. We are the road team i know i ll jumble everything up, and then i can throw any line out there no matter where the face off is.

Switch Nino and Berg and id be very happy.

Billy Mays Here*

Nino continuing to not get the ice time I was hoping he'd get.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012

Lines at Practice:

Bergenheim-Koivu-Vanek
Nino-Coyle-Schroeder
Haula-Brodziak-Fontaine

Good thing is it probably won't last too long, especially if the Preds take the lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad